Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JetsTrueNorth

Feb 16, 2013
Jagr just went to Boston. I know some folks on here were wondering about him. Scratch him off the list as well

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I keep repeating this on the trade forum whenever Jets/Buff trades come up:

Picks for Stafford

or

Burmi for Pominville

I imagine we'd have to add a wee bit to the last one. Buffalo fans want Burmi for Stafford+. I'm not sure that will happen.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I keep repeating this on the trade forum whenever Jets/Buff trades come up:

Picks for Stafford

or

Burmi for Pominville

I imagine we'd have to add a wee bit to the last one. Buffalo fans want Burmi for Stafford+. I'm not sure that will happen.

I sure hope that doesn't happen. That would be massive overpayment IMO.

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
As much as I'm against rentals at the stage we're at, I might have been fine paying for rental Jagr given how piss poor our powerplay is going into the playoffs(?). Jagr + Kane would have made us happy for a month or two.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
As much as I'm against rentals at the stage we're at, I might have been fine paying for rental Jagr given how piss poor our powerplay is going into the playoffs(?). Jagr + Kane would have made us happy for a month or two.

I don't think the Jets ever really had a shot at Jagr. The general feeling is that, while Jagr didn't have a NTC, there was a handshake agreement when he signed in Dallas that they'd consult him on trades if they were out of it at the deadline.

By the sounds of it most of the leg work on this deal was actually done by Jagr's agent. Nieuwendyk just negotiated the final deal once the Bruins had been identified.

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
I don't think the Jets ever really had a shot at Jagr. The general feeling is that, while Jagr didn't have a NTC, there was a handshake agreement when he signed in Dallas that they'd consult him on trades if they were out of it at the deadline.

By the sounds of it most of the leg work on this deal was actually done by Jagr's agent. Nieuwendyk just negotiated the final deal once the Bruins had been identified.

Yeah, at this stage in his career he's looking for a chance at another cup ring more than a chance of missing the playoffs.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to come around on moving Byfuglien. I love what he brings and I think he could be a Norris candidate if he dropped 20 lbs, but the fact is, he's 28 and his body will not hold up well if he continues status quo. He might start to decline within the next couple of years. Given that, I'd rather trade him before he starts his decline.

If we could turn him into something like Voracek+, I'd have trouble turning that down. Basically, we would need legitimate top 6 help for him or I'd rather just keep him. I would not be willing to trade him for futures because of the uncertainty.

My dream trade structure would be:

Buff & Burmi

for

Voracek & Simmonds & 2nd

Not sure if the pick is fair - can be tweaked as necessary. I think those 2 guys fit Chevy's vision to a tee.

Edit: A big drawback to moving Buff is losing the synergy that he has with Enstrom.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm starting to come around on moving Byfuglien. I love what he brings and I think he could be a Norris candidate if he dropped 20 lbs, but the fact is, he's 28 and his body will not hold up well if he continues status quo. He might start to decline within the next couple of years. Given that, I'd rather trade him before he starts his decline.

If we could turn him into something like Voracek+, I'd have trouble turning that down. Basically, we would need legitimate top 6 help for him or I'd rather just keep him. I would not be willing to trade him for futures because of the uncertainty.

My dream trade structure would be:

Buff & Burmi

for

Voracek & Simmonds & 2nd

Not sure if the pick is fair - can be tweaked as necessary. I think those 2 guys fit Chevy's vision to a tee.

Edit: A big drawback to moving Buff is losing the synergy that he has with Enstrom.

I like Buff too but agree with what you wrote here. Starting to get a little concerned that he's going to regress more quickly than others due to his size and conditioning.

I don't think the Flyers make that deal, but IMO, that makes us a MUCH better team. We would actually have too many top 6 forwards instead of not enough for a change.

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I like Buff too but agree with what you wrote here. Starting to get a little concerned that he's going to regress more quickly than others due to his size and conditioning.

I don't think the Flyers make that deal, but IMO, that makes us a MUCH better team. We would actually have too many top 6 forwards instead of not enough for a change.

I'm with ya, Huffer. I would be 100% open to dealing Byfuglien if we got the right package of top 6 forward(s) in return.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I don't know why...I just have a very strong feeling that we're getting Pominville tomorrow. Maybe Cammy too, but his size doesn't exactly fit the Chevy mold. I have a strong feeling that we're going to get Pominville though.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I don't know why...I just have a very strong feeling that we're getting Pominville tomorrow. Maybe Cammy too, but his size doesn't exactly fit the Chevy mold. I have a strong feeling that we're going to get Pominville though.

I think winnipeg may have been on pominvilles no go to list!

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Does anyone know anything about Ian cole,it looks like he may be available from st.louis

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
I think winnipeg may have been on pominvilles no go to list!

Really think that Winnipeg is one of 8 places Pominville would rather not go?

Columbus
Florida
Calgary
Dallas
Colorado
Edmonton
Islanders
Tampa

Are all, to me, places that current trade bait would dislike going to more than Winnipeg.

Also, re: the Byfuglien to Philly trade. I would have never thought of trading him but our Top 6 needs more help than our D, and we have depth at the right side defencemen. I would be very ok with this if Trouba was pretty much a sure thing next year.

Stej

Jul 28, 2006
The Kirk

Well hey, that was just my opening offer. ;)

bazaaa*

I'm with ya, Huffer. I would be 100% open to dealing Byfuglien if we got the right package of top 6 forward(s) in return.

I agree, but I don't think(or I wonder) we would have felt this way two weeks ago. He was so solid defensively, and such an offense force, I couldn't imagine trading him and I couldn't imagine where this team would have been without him. His play in the last two weeks has been quite disappointing.

He's a fan favorite and the general public would be quite upset, I'm sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad