Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Someone was saying that we have 2 scouts sniffing about the Buffalo carcass, picking up Pominville would really be an great add for the Jets from what little I know about him.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
If he was going to resign here, Id be happy to pay Burmi+1st, considering that our first will most likely be a late one.

Overpayment. Burmi + 2nd and a 3rd would be better, in my opinion. Jets are guaranteed to pick top 16 at this point, and there are still quality players in that range.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
So if Regehr is worth 2 2nds Hainsey is defiantly worth a late 1st. Also anyone notice how this situation is eerily similar to the lead up to the Oduya trade last year. Chevy set his price and let people come to him.

Potrzebie

Mar 25, 2010
Lots of people here are a fan of Pominville. Looks like Buffalo is going to consider moving their captain.

Buffalo Sabres captain Jason Pominville has been asked to submit a list of eight teams to which he will not accept a trade.

He is expected to hand over the list to Sabres general manager Darcy Regier some time Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Pominville has a modified no-trade clause that blocks movement to eight teams.

I'm sure it's just the word Winnipeg written 8 times.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I'm sure it's just the word Winnipeg written 8 times.

Why would it be? It's not like Buffalo is much different then the Peg is. I'm sure places like Calgary, Colorado, San Jose, Florida etc.)

As of right now, we're leading the division and are in a great position to actually compete in the next few years. That's all going to play into his decision. Sure he could accept a trade to an instant contender like Vancouver...but teams like that are on the downward swing ATM. I believe that we would have a good chance of landing Pommer based on our ownership and the direction the team is going.

GoldenJet89

Feb 4, 2012
the whole NTC is sad... a lot of ppl have preconceived notions of winnipeg... and some dislike the cold (tho pom would be used to it kinda)

but aside from that, were not a contender, and theres no guarantee that we will be in the next few years either

so if players are making 5-8 team lists of where they would go.... i think unofrtunately we are likely on none of them

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Has Pominville played with any of the Jets in the past or have any of the Sabres played with any Jets outside the NHL in worlds etc? If we do, perhaps a phone call from X player saying give it a chance with heavy on the sell, seems to work with other sports.
Word of mouth travels and I am sure that the TNSE organization has been getting a good rep.

We may not be doing to best in the standings, but we still have 3rd locked up so far, we have an rabid fan base and there are a at least 4-5 games that we should have won, could have won that we let slip away...and if we had those there would be a whole lot less talk about bubble team vs actual condender to make a deep run (not the cup yet).

What the Jets I think offer are an up and coming younger team not in a rebuild that with a few key positions as well as our incoming prospects might mature into a contender.

He has 1 year left after this, so it would be a matter of take the gamble and if it sucks, well...there is always UFA.

I would not count us out on that list just yet.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
Has Pominville played with any of the Jets in the past or have any of the Sabres played with any Jets outside the NHL in worlds etc? If we do, perhaps a phone call from X player saying give it a chance with heavy on the sell, seems to work with other sports.
Word of mouth travels and I am sure that the TNSE organization has been getting a good rep.

We may not be doing to best in the standings, but we still have 3rd locked up so far, we have an rabid fan base and there are a at least 4-5 games that we should have won, could have won that we let slip away...and if we had those there would be a whole lot less talk about bubble team vs actual condender to make a deep run (not the cup yet).

What the Jets I think offer are an up and coming younger team not in a rebuild that with a few key positions as well as our incoming prospects might mature into a contender.

He has 1 year left after this, so it would be a matter of take the gamble and if it sucks, well...there is always UFA.

I would not count us out on that list just yet.

Based purely on reasoning, it's safe to count us out.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Kind of sucks we're not really hearing anything out of Winnipeg regarding trades. This team is in a tough place where they could finish either just out of the playoffs or 3rd seed. I still maintain the Jets are a bubble team, we have no second line RWer and we're relying way too much on our first line to produce our offense. It'd help so much if we could just get a top 6 right winger with term on his contract in case we don't make the playoffs.

I'm curious, is the lack of news because we're not doing anything or is it just that we're a tiny market lacking media exposure? Or is it that TNSE as a whole are just that tight lipped?

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Kind of sucks we're not really hearing anything out of Winnipeg regarding trades. This team is in a tough place where they could finish either just out of the playoffs or 3rd seed. I still maintain the Jets are a bubble team, we have no second line RWer and we're relying way too much on our first line to produce our offense. It'd help so much if we could just get a top 6 right winger with term on his contract in case we don't make the playoffs.

I'm curious, is the lack of news because we're not doing anything or is it just that we're a tiny market lacking media exposure? Or is it that TNSE as a whole are just that tight lipped?

I'd say look for us to be more involved in rumors tomorrow. Although that may also be a product of TSN having nothing else to talk about. But I think Chevy is waiting to see how we respond tonight. Whether that be good reasoning or not, we need a good idea of which direction we're heading.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
I'd say look for us to be more involved in rumors tomorrow. Although that may also be a product of TSN having nothing else to talk about. But I think Chevy is waiting to see how we respond tonight. Whether that be good reasoning or not, we need a good idea of which direction we're heading.

I think a good approximation of how the team is responding has been in the last couple of weeks. Chevy should be always poking at other teams, regardless of how the Jets are doing in the standings. Hell, the only reason the Jets are at the top of the SE is by the grace of better teams ******** the bed at the same time.

Winnipeg Jets

Lucky #7
Feb 19, 2010
Winnipeg
Roy is a rental though, which I don't think Chevy is looking for. He is still looking for assets I believe. Guys who will at least be around for another year.

Yup, that's what I'm thinking. Sure would suck if we got Roy for an equivalent of the Vancouver package and ended up not making the playoffs. Not to mention Roy is apparently looking for an absurd amount of money so I doubt we'd resign him in the offseason.

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
Yup, that's what I'm thinking. Sure would suck if we got Roy for an equivalent of the Vancouver package and ended up not making the playoffs. Not to mention Roy is apparently looking for an absurd amount of money so I doubt we'd resign him in the offseason.

A comparable package would have Postma + one of our 2nd rounders in the upcoming draft. I'd rather we use those assets+ to get a 2nd line RW'er that's more than a rental.

CorgisPer60

Barking at the net
Apr 15, 2012
Please Understand
A comparable package would have Postma + one of our 2nd rounders in the upcoming draft. I'd rather we use those assets+ to get a 2nd line RW'er that's more than a rental.

Chevy is looking for people who have more term left on their contracts, as he should be. The Jets are not nearly in a position ready enough to make a strong push for the finals. I will flip **** if he starts buying rentals because we stand a good chance of making the playoffs with the team we have.

bazaaa*

Roy is a rental though, which I don't think Chevy is looking for. He is still looking for assets I believe. Guys who will at least be around for another year.

That's why I could see us going after someone like Stafford. Two years left at $4M per year.

We need to make some type of upgrade on the second line, whether it's right now or offseason. With Scheifele next year, it will be basically two upgrades to the second line.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
Chevy is looking for people who have more term left on their contracts, as he should be. The Jets are not nearly in a position ready enough to make a strong push for the finals. I will flip **** if he starts buying rentals because we stand a good chance of making the playoffs with the team we have.

Atlanta bought some rentals the year they won the division and it set the franchsie back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad