Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Apparently we were in the running for Handzus, but he had an NMC and Chicago had the better offer. Lawless and others are reporting.

Allan, I heard Lawless say this, but who are the others reporting it? I just about spit out my coffee when he said it on the radio, so I phoned a buddy over at TNSE and he said "wtf would we want to be kicking the tires on Handzus for?"...

Just wanting to know who the other sources reporting it were, because I am told that Lawless goes way out there on some stuff...

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Allan, I heard Lawless say this, but who are the others reporting it? I just about spit out my coffee when he said it on the radio, so I phoned a buddy over at TNSE and he said "wtf would we want to be kicking the tires on Handzus for?"...

Just wanting to know who the other sources reporting it were, because I am told that Lawless goes way out there on some stuff...

Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 1h

Michal Handzus had the choice four teams _ including the Winnipeg Jets when he made his decision to go to Chicago. #TRADTRACKER

He actually reported it first. I'm guessing that means the Sens were in on it too?

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
It's entirely possible that Lawless was just quoting that guy. But Lawless seemed to have a few more details.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
I don't think it's really that Buff is out of shape as much as it is that he just plays to many minutes. Buff should never be leading our d-core in minutes on the ice. His body type can just not play hard for that long. Cut his shift lengths down and manage his ice time to arround 18-20 minutes instead of 25 minutes and Buff will be a much better player.

All I know is that he is a good 30 pounds heavier then he was with the Blackhawks the last year he was there,there are some pics on his wife's twitter acct from when he had the cup for a day he is way thinner,but I agree they should cut down his minutes to help him be more effective.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
If management is looking to move out Burmistrov how would sending him to Detroit for Brenden Smith sound?

He's a big 2-way left handed defenseman that could probably replace Hainsy's minutes if he leaves.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
Glad we didn't get Handzus, 36 years old and he looks done like dinner.

Adding him would likely net a team 6 faceoff wins, between zero and one shootout goals and perhaps 8 more minutes of short handed ice time than an AHL replacement between now and the end of the season.

I kinda get it for a team that is primed for a cup run. Not so much for us.

Jet

Free Capo!
Jul 20, 2004
Florida
I don't believe a thing Gary Lawless says.

He's one of those guys (IMO) who says things that are vague and cannot be fact checked just to seem in the know and arouse interest.

I think he's full of ****.

pondnorth

Dec 16, 2005
I don't believe a thing Gary Lawless says.

He's one of those guys (IMO) who says things that are vague and cannot be fact checked just to seem in the know and arouse interest.

I think he's full of ****.
Agreed,I think he is trying to impress by name dropping and fantasy.Listening to him is a lot more painful this season after a year in the NHL he seems to know it all.

lablite47

Jan 22, 2013
Wpg
If management is looking to move out Burmistrov how would sending him to Detroit for Brenden Smith sound?

He's a big 2-way left handed defenseman that could probably replace Hainsy's minutes if he leaves.

I would be all over that trade! Hope to heck that Detroit didn't do their due diligence in scouting Burmi! :)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 36m

During the first intermission, #NHLJets GM Kevin Cheveldayoff said he was keeping all options open leading into trade deadline

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 35m

Cheveldayoff said the phone activity was "normal". But since most teams are still in the race, it's hard to distinguish the buyers, sellers

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 29m

Cheveldayoff also said that he doesn't have a set policy on negotiating contract extensions during the season. It's a case-by-case basis

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 28m

"We're prepared to do what we want to do at whatever time." — Cheveldayoff #NHLJets

Ken Wiebe ‏@WiebeSunSports 24m

The #NHLJets have assembled their pro scouts and other hockey ops execs in NYC. Will continue meeting, stay on Long Island thru Wed deadline

Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait 23m

#NHLJets Chevy on rumour they were in Michal Handzus talks (went fr SJ to Chi) "lots of diff things that get close, may not get close." #bn

Ed Tait ‏@WFPEdTait 22m

#NHLJets Chevy on the approaching trade deadline: "Rest assured we’re trying to leave no stone unturned." #bn

Good stuff. I also heard there's only one scout at this game.

Aries56

Jan 10, 2011
Winnipeg, MB
Lots of people here are a fan of Pominville. Looks like Buffalo is going to consider moving their captain.

Buffalo Sabres captain Jason Pominville has been asked to submit a list of eight teams to which he will not accept a trade.

He is expected to hand over the list to Sabres general manager Darcy Regier some time Monday night or Tuesday morning.

Pominville has a modified no-trade clause that blocks movement to eight teams.

umwoz

Feb 28, 2010
Pominville would be an excellent player to fill that 2nd line RW. At what cost is the real question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad