Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
A Burmi for Perron swap would be a solid starting point for a trade, maybe include Stuart or Hainsey to even it out? With Stewart looking like a top 6 forward again and Tarasenko now in the fold Perron and his higher cap hit could be expendable. Also gives the Blues another LH shot up front and another option at C. Gives the Jets a young RW with a RH shot which they desperately need.

Burmi + Hainsey for Perron + 2013 2nd (OTT)

Might have to add or subtract a little but the overall value looks pretty good. I think the Jets would much rather have Stewart but I can't see the Blues moving him right now. At least not for Burmi.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
A Burmi for Perron swap would be a solid starting point for a trade, maybe include Stuart or Hainsey to even it out? With Stewart looking like a top 6 forward again and Tarasenko now in the fold Perron and his higher cap hit could be expendable. Also gives the Blues another LH shot up front and another option at C. Gives the Jets a young RW with a RH shot which they desperately need.

Might have to add or subtract a little but the overall value looks pretty good. I think the Jets would much rather have Stewart but I can't see the Blues moving him right now. At least not for Burmi.

Interesting. Caught my attention as plausible at the very least.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I say the Jets go after Versteeg and Corey Perry.

Not overly interested in Perry. I don't think the franchise is really in a position to obtain him right now. We're not really in a stage to make the necessary moves to actually compete for a cup. I'm sure that at some point we can an probably will. But now is not the time.

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Ehh not really big on going after Versteeg. Ryane Clowe is a guy id much rather see in a Jets jersey

Problem is He is playing his last year of juniors in Swift Current and we aren't sure whether he will be on the Jets or Ice caps next year :sarcasm:

On a serious note I wonder what the chances are of Clowe making it to free agency?

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

Interesting. I wonder if the Jets could turn that 2013 2nd into Jaskin instead.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Problem is He is playing his last year of juniors in Swift Current and we aren't sure whether he will be on the Jets or Ice caps next year :sarcasm:

On a serious note I wonder what the chances are of Clowe making it to free agency?

Sharks fans are talking about jettisoning everyone on their team. My guess is they let him go and let someone overpay for him.

Wpgpage

Nov 25, 2010
Interesting. I wonder if the Jets could turn that 2013 2nd into Jaskin instead.

Jaskin has looked stupidly good so far, Jets would have to add for sure, Klingberg?
Hainsey + Burmi + Klingberg? Still not sure if that gets it done.

Snot Rocket

HF anti-tank squad
Feb 3, 2013
Winnipeg
Jaskin has looked stupidly good so far, Jets would have to add for sure, Klingberg?
Hainsey + Burmi + Klingberg? Still not sure if that gets it done.

Man, that would be a sweet deal...for them.

Hainsey...not that replaceable AND probably one of the younger D's in FA this year.

Burmi - We know his game, he just turned 21 and can play against the best of them, just not finding his scoring touch.

Klingberg - Well there is a starting point.. and a 2nd perhaps.

I don't care what a guy does in Jr, worlds etc...unless they are something uber special why give away proven NHL assets for unproven potential that has yet to lace up in the bigs?

Adam Lowry has 85 points this season, Jaskin has 91.

Sure the kid might be good, but lets be reasonable here. No one is going to trade 2 NHL players that can play in the top 6 and top 4 plus a prospect for a rookie, unless that rookie is a generational talent.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
I've been thinking alot about this...and Im probably going to be belittled as all hell here...but maybe Hainsey isn't as irreplaceable as we think. Despite the fact that he has constantly been in the dog house, I firmly believe tht Keith Ballard is still a good player. It's unfortunate that AV hates him and he's stuck behind 2 really good LD...but I think if he was given half a shot in the top four, he would excel. We could get him for pretty cheap too I imagine.

The only downside is his cap hit, but it's not like we're in cap hell anyways. It could be very doable.

And the guy is a Beast in the playoffs.

Grind

Stomacheache AllStar
Jan 25, 2012
Manitoba
I've been thinking alot about this...and Im probably going to be belittled as all hell here...but maybe Hainsey isn't as irreplaceable as we think. Despite the fact that he has constantly been in the dog house, I firmly believe tht Keith Ballard is still a good player. It's unfortunate that AV hates him and he's stuck behind 2 really good LD...but I think if he was given half a shot in the top four, he would excel. We could get him for pretty cheap too I imagine.

The only downside is his cap hit, but it's not like we're in cap hell anyways. It could be very doable.

And the guy is a Beast in the playoffs.

this is me belittling you..... :banghead:

ok but in reality, he's an option buuuut.....

again were downgrading from a known for

1.an unknown
2.with a high caphit
3. that will cost assets

Even if those assets are small, they do technically eat away at any return hainsey gets us.

i don't know....I don't like it... mostly because ballard is likely to not be any upgrade on hainsey, plus, we'll finally have the ability to pay Hainsey what he's worth. So we're passing up the opportunity to really correctt he only issue anyone has with hainsey, to walk right into the exact same scenario....all for what? a second round pick at most (i'd assume the nucks would want something close what we'd get for hainsey for ballard)

...I don't like it...

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
this is me belittling you..... :banghead:

ok but in reality, he's an option buuuut.....

again were downgrading from a known for

1.an unknown
2.with a high caphit
3. that will cost assets

Even if those assets are small, they do technically eat away at any return hainsey gets us.

i don't know....I don't like it... mostly because ballard is likely to not be any upgrade on hainsey, plus, we'll finally have the ability to pay Hainsey what he's worth. So we're passing up the opportunity to really correctt he only issue anyone has with hainsey, to walk right into the exact same scenario....all for what? a second round pick at most (i'd assume the nucks would want something close what we'd get for hainsey for ballard)

...I don't like it...

He's definitely a buy low option, and we would probably get a late first for Hainsey. Ballard is a clear upgrade on Hainsey. He has much better offensive abilities and will actually hit his opposition. The return for Ballard would probably be, at the very most, a 3rd and a 4th. There is no way that e gets more then Fistric did.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
He's definitely a buy low option, and we would probably get a late first for Hainsey. Ballard is a clear upgrade on Hainsey. He has much better offensive abilities and will actually hit his opposition. The return for Ballard would probably be, at the very most, a 3rd and a 4th. There is no way that e gets more then Fistric did.
If Ballard is clearly better than Hainsey, why would anybody give the Jets more for Hainsey?

Why wouldn't they just trade for the clearly better and cheaper ballard?

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne
Ballard's averaging less than 17 minutes very sheltered minutes a night. He is simply not the player you are describing, and he certainly is not a replacement for Hainsey.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
If Ballard is clearly better than Hainsey, why would anybody give the Jets more for Hainsey?

Why wouldn't they just trade for the clearly better and cheaper ballard?

Because of how he has struggled in Vancouver. I don't think anyone can dispute that.

I just believe him to be a better Defenseman.

tacogeoff

Jul 18, 2011
Killarney, MB
Ehh not really big on going after Versteeg. Ryane Clowe is a guy id much rather see in a Jets jersey

Clowe would be amazing. Can do the job of Peluso, Thor and Tangradi all at once in the fighting and hitting department.

Recent notable opponenents : Engalland, Prust, Kassian, Barch, K. Clifford, Mayers, Jackman, Boll, Brookbank, Crombeen, Bissonette plus a slew of other people.

he has put up 52, 57, 62 and 42 pts in the past four seasons with 157, 153, and 109 hits in the past three seasons.

Guy would be a beauty for us on our second or third line dependent on player development

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad