Speculation: Jets - General Rumour, Trade, Free Agent and Waiver Speculation (12-13 Part XII)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zhamnov10

Jul 17, 2011
Really think that Winnipeg is one of 8 places Pominville would rather not go?

Columbus
Florida
Calgary
Dallas
Colorado
Edmonton
Islanders
Tampa

Are all, to me, places that current trade bait would dislike going to more than Winnipeg.

Also, re: the Byfuglien to Philly trade. I would have never thought of trading him but our Top 6 needs more help than our D, and we have depth at the right side defencemen. I would be very ok with this if Trouba was pretty much a sure thing next year.

I think you could interchange Winnipeg with edm,tb,and col it just may be personal preference with him and his family it's really hard to say.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
I can see trading him in the off season if Trouba gets brought in. Not before.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010
Well hey, that was just my opening offer. ;)

Don't get me wrong, I don't think we should want less, just that I'm not sure they would do it. Simmonds has an absolutely amazing contract.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
I don't know why...I just have a very strong feeling that we're getting Pominville tomorrow. Maybe Cammy too, but his size doesn't exactly fit the Chevy mold. I have a strong feeling that we're going to get Pominville though.

I have a strong feeling that at the right price, this deal would make me a very happy Jets fan. I like a lot of things about Pominville.

If we could do this without putting Burmi in the package, I'd be a happy camper. We've got a dumptruck of picks we could stand to lose a couple of plus postma perhaps?

:dunno:

Guerzy

I'm a fricken baby
Jan 16, 2005
I agree, but I don't think(or I wonder) we would have felt this way two weeks ago. He was so solid defensively, and such an offense force, I couldn't imagine trading him and I couldn't imagine where this team would have been without him. His play in the last two weeks has been quite disappointing.

He's a fan favorite and the general public would be quite upset, I'm sure.

I've felt open to trading him for a while now, personally. I like Byfuglien, and have no issues keeping him, which I am sure we will. Do I love Byfuglien? no, and I think even though he can be a force offensively, I just find him to be a mixed bag in terms of what sort of play he's going to give you. I find he can have many good nights, but within those good nights there tends to me a play that just makes me think WTF. Not a big fan of that, but, with a player like Byfuglien, you take the good with the bad because part of it is what makes him so effective.

Just my opinion, though.

PaperRockChamp

Oct 19, 2009
Wpg
I have accepted that I'm okay with at least talking about the return for Byfug. In my own little world, it's pretty telling as to what he's done for us this last 2-4wks.

Byfug has skills that only a handful possess.

Enough with the nonchalance. Get angry, show some emotion.

DRIVE THIS BUS, BYFUG!@!#@!W!

ahplk

Sep 25, 2011
Buff has 11 points in his last 14 games and we consider him to be on a bad stretch...I wish our forwards had bad stretches like that more often :)

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
He's had quite a few mental lapses, and just general lack of effort backchecking lately.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
Really think that Winnipeg is one of 8 places Pominville would rather not go?

Columbus
Florida
Calgary
Dallas
Colorado
Edmonton
Islanders
Tampa

Are all, to me, places that current trade bait would dislike going to more than Winnipeg.

Also, re: the Byfuglien to Philly trade. I would have never thought of trading him but our Top 6 needs more help than our D, and we have depth at the right side defencemen. I would be very ok with this if Trouba was pretty much a sure thing next year.

If you're Pominville, you don't really need to put some of those teams on your list because you know they're not buyers: Dallas, Florida, Tampa, Phoenix, Calgary, Colorado aren't going to be trading for you. Makes it easier to draw up that list...

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Don't worry guys, everyone else is making trades so a handful of table scraps were waived. We will be making some new acquisitions shortly :laugh::sarcasm:

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Don't worry guys, everyone else is making trades so a handful of table scraps were waived. We will be making some new acquisitions shortly :laugh::sarcasm:

I know you're being facetious, but we're at our roster limit.

folix

Jul 24, 2011
A couple of buddies of mine shared a table at a bar with Anthony Peluso. Among some real cool stuff he had to say, he said that the guys absolutely LOVE playing here. Not only that (but what also surprised me) is that opposing teams love playing here too. He said its a big deal to get boo'd by us. They love it, the chants, the boo'ing how loud the building is etc. He said the league wide perception of Winnipeg is not what we tend to think it is right now.

Also a few other tid bits he threw out there is that everything thing (all the negatives) about Kane are simply not true. Said he is a super nice guy, also that guys like Wright are scared to try something different in offensive zone and want to play it safe so that they keep playing and keep the ice time up. You can read whatever you want into that.

Also said he hurt his hand on the very last punch, not when he hit the helmet. Knew right away. Also one last thing, he said Winnipeg is by far the loudest arena he has ever heard, said its louder by Montreal by a mile.

So while we think Winnipeg might be a undesirable place to live apparently players do want to play here.

I also managed to speak with Oli before the season began (at a charity event), I never asked what he thought of Winnipeg, he said he loved it here, its nice, quiet and has a small town feel.

So I really dont know if these perceptions we have are really accurate.

peg

Jul 8, 2010
Apparently the leafs are looking for help on D. How about Hainsey for Bozak? Both UFAs. Bozak as a second line C might help with Kane's production. Unfortunately it just hasn't worked with Oli.

allan5oh

Has prospect fever
Oct 15, 2011
Bruce Garrioch ‏@SunGarrioch 16m

The Sabres might be in the mood to deal but fair to say they aren't giving their players away. Prices remain high. #TRADETRACKER

bazaaa*

It's only one game, but I wonder if a win/loss today will help Chevy decide if he wants to be a buyer/seller.

Also, we need a RW, but what about Ray Whitney? I can't imagine him costing very much at all. Makes $4.5M next year.

Last edited by a moderator:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
It's only one game, but I wonder if a win/loss today will help Chevy decide if he wants to be a buyer/seller.

Also, we need a RW, but what about Ray Whitney? I can't imagine him costing very much at all. Makes $4.5M next year.

I would be cool with that as well.

Gm0ney

Unicorns salient
Oct 12, 2011
Winnipeg
A couple of buddies of mine shared a table at a bar with Anthony Peluso. Among some real cool stuff he had to say, he said that the guys absolutely LOVE playing here. Not only that (but what also surprised me) is that opposing teams love playing here too. He said its a big deal to get boo'd by us. They love it, the chants, the boo'ing how loud the building is etc. He said the league wide perception of Winnipeg is not what we tend to think it is right now.

Also a few other tid bits he threw out there is that everything thing (all the negatives) about Kane are simply not true. Said he is a super nice guy, also that guys like Wright are scared to try something different in offensive zone and want to play it safe so that they keep playing and keep the ice time up. You can read whatever you want into that.

Also said he hurt his hand on the very last punch, not when he hit the helmet. Knew right away. Also one last thing, he said Winnipeg is by far the loudest arena he has ever heard, said its louder by Montreal by a mile.

So while we think Winnipeg might be a undesirable place to live apparently players do want to play here.

I also managed to speak with Oli before the season began (at a charity event), I never asked what he thought of Winnipeg, he said he loved it here, its nice, quiet and has a small town feel.

So I really dont know if these perceptions we have are really accurate.

Peluso seems like a good guy. Hope he heals up soon and gets back to business...

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Chevy doesn't strike me as the money puck type of GM. He definitely strikes me as the GM that will pay
Quality for quality, not try for a reclamation project because it had a good stretch of ten games.

I may be completely out to lunch about Pommer, but I just can't shake that Chevy is really battling hard to get him.

I also don't think that location is high on the list of
Criteria that players look at when deciding their no trade list. The fact that Hockey is king here and people would worship the ground he walks on...would probably play a role. The direction of the team and where he fits in, will also play a role. Right now we're a team that's trending upwards. That's also important.

Scheifele55

Jun 22, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Cam Barker

2004 - 1st round selection 3rd overall from Winnipeg was waived today by the Vancouver Canucks.

Simple question, Would you claim him? Does he have enough talent to play on this team?

I would definitely claim him. There is a reason he was taken 3rd overall and I believe there is no harm in giving him a shot on our blue line. I think he has more talent than Meech does and that is enough for me. He would be ideal on the 3rd line.

winterpeg

Sharp Dressed Man
Feb 20, 2013
Winnipeg
2004 - 1st round selection 3rd overall from Winnipeg was waived today by the Vancouver Canucks.

Simple question, Would you claim him? Does he have enough talent to play on this team?

I would definitely claim him. There is a reason he was taken 3rd overall and I believe there is no harm in giving him a shot on our blue line. I think he has more talent than Meech does and that is enough for me. He would be ideal on the 3rd line.

But have you read the news?

Jacob MF Trouba is coming! :naughty:

Might be worth a look though, fair enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad