Proposal: Jets Defence Mega Thread

justanotherleafsfan

Oct 5, 2019
"Waaaaa. Jets fans wouldn't accept our garbage for one of their defenseman so now we won't even entertain an offer for our garbage"

"this site and it's feels" :laugh:
I never posted one proposal on this site, but yeah I'm so holding a grudge against the Jets?

I even like the Jets but the quality of posts on the trade boards... yeah, keep winning.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
I see multi threads on the same subject, help for the Jets defence. So here is the mega thread for all those offers to go.
Very good idea. It was getting a little tiresome seeing new threads with fans of other teams offering bottom-4 D in exchange for top-6 forwards. The Jets have plenty of bottom-4 D already (Pionk, Heinola, Poolman, Niku, Dahlström, Bitetto?, Kulikov, Beaulieu etc.).
If anything a toppair RD as replacement for Buff would be relevant of course.

Last edited:

Tit

Toast and jam
Sep 23, 2018
Risto has a few years left on his contract. 5.4m for 3 more years is gonna be less than what Barrie will get this offseason. I can see Muzzin taking a discount to stay, but definitely not Barrie.
No I totally agree Barrie will be more than 5.4M
But Barrie and Muzzin >>>>> Risto.
Our D is good now, people should stop proposing like we have 2018 D corp.
We can talk in the summer if we don't resign Barrie.
But right now I'd be fine with trading Ceci and promoting Dermott (when he returns) and Sandin
We also have Liljegren who should be ready to go by next season.

We aren't desperate for D like we once were.
The proposal wasn't only bad for Toronto, was also terrible for the Jets.

Kapenen >> Risto >> Ceci
It's just bad all around.

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Very good idea. It was getting a little tiresome seeing fans of other teams offering bottom-4 D in exchange for top-6 forwards. The Jets have plenty of bottom-4 D already (Pionk, Heinola, Poolman, Niku, Dahlström, Bitetto?, Kulikov, Beaulieu etc.).
If anything a toppair RD as replacement for Buff would be relevant of course.
Many Winnipeg fans posting do not appear to want to part with what would be the most likely price for some of the D men mentioned.
For example, there were 34 scouts in Buffalo last night, multiple ones from Winnipeg. Freidman and Burke discussed it, said they were all there to see Risto. Anaheim had an enlarged contingent as well as Dallas. So, Winnipeg is looking, but, Buffalo fans would tell you it's an Ehler's type return, top 6 RW'er, Winnipeg fans don't like that, and rightly so, it's a steep price. But Buffalo fans have their fingers on the pulse of what Botterill has been saying, others around the organization are reporting, they are correct as well.
This is an example, but, it is what threads like this normally digress in to. What the actual price Winnipeg is willing to pay to address their D, only Winnipeg fans can answer that, hence my comment on why they are as equally correct as teams like Buffalo's fans, who have an asset that may meet the criteria.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Already answered that question and it's very clear. Its about cup windows and window to win between the Jets and Habs and Weber has 4 years left.
Makes no sense. Those picks only have 50% chance of being average NHLer. Weber is #1 defenseman, best leader in game and great at developing young d-men. He is way more benefit here than giving him away.

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
Ehlers + Heinola + Kulikov

for

Weber + Reilly + Byron + Brook + 4th rounder

Mega Trade to break HF Boards
1E9C34FE-26FF-4741-BA74-57062F9AB021.gif

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Logical trade partners would be the Isles and Jets IMO. Isles have a plethora of quality D men. If I were the Isles I target Connor.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
i don't think the isles would want to give up pulock so connor is a no go
I would not want to, but there is Mayfield, and Dobson on the right side. Plus Wilde is a very good prospect in waiting. I am not saying I would do it, but value is about equal for these 2.

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
you can have either reilly, folin or alzner from habs for mid-round picks. habs would eat salary on alzner - or take back a contract

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Many Winnipeg fans posting do not appear to want to part with what would be the most likely price for some of the D men mentioned.
For example, there were 34 scouts in Buffalo last night, multiple ones from Winnipeg. Freidman and Burke discussed it, said they were all there to see Risto. Anaheim had an enlarged contingent as well as Dallas. So, Winnipeg is looking, but, Buffalo fans would tell you it's an Ehler's type return, top 6 RW'er, Winnipeg fans don't like that, and rightly so, it's a steep price. But Buffalo fans have their fingers on the pulse of what Botterill has been saying, others around the organization are reporting, they are correct as well.
This is an example, but, it is what threads like this normally digress in to. What the actual price Winnipeg is willing to pay to address their D, only Winnipeg fans can answer that, hence my comment on why they are as equally correct as teams like Buffalo's fans, who have an asset that may meet the criteria.

Even Chevy isn't stupid enough to trade Ehlers for Risto.

Trading for Ristolainen doesn't address the D.

Reactions: hn777

Yatzhee

Aug 5, 2010
Even Chevy isn't stupid enough to trade Ehlers for Risto.

Trading for Ristolainen doesn't address the D.
Understandable, but, Chevy isn't dealing from a position of strength, Botterill is. Botterill has no reason to move Risto, he's doing just fine here in Buffalo, but, Chevy needs an RHD.
Like I said, I understand the fans feelings, but, in this case, Buffalo is in a position of strength, they have the asset needed.

MardyBum

Jul 4, 2012
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Understandable, but, Chevy isn't dealing from a position of strength, Botterill is. Botterill has no reason to move Risto, he's doing just fine here in Buffalo, but, Chevy needs an RHD.
Like I said, I understand the fans feelings, but, in this case, Buffalo is in a position of strength, they have the asset needed.

Sure he is. He has no need of Risto. That's his position of strength.

We have no need to move Ehlers. One dman isn't going to fix the defense, especially an offensively inclined one, we have enough of those. Playing the young guys and giving them experience for next year and fixing the defense in the offseason will.

hn777

Apr 22, 2019
Risto is not a 1RD

WolfgangPuck

May 12, 2012
Jets are 2-2. Don’t panic Jets fans. Just let the new guys get used to playing with each other Once Beaulieu and Niku get to speed and big Buff gets ready for playoff time you be rid of the 7/8 defensemen by then.

DJN21

Aug 8, 2011
Rochester
No I totally agree Barrie will be more than 5.4M
But Barrie and Muzzin >>>>> Risto.
Our D is good now, people should stop proposing like we have 2018 D corp.
We can talk in the summer if we don't resign Barrie.
But right now I'd be fine with trading Ceci and promoting Dermott (when he returns) and Sandin
We also have Liljegren who should be ready to go by next season.

We aren't desperate for D like we once were.
The proposal wasn't only bad for Toronto, was also terrible for the Jets.

Kapenen >> Risto >> Ceci
It's just bad all around.

Barrie and Muzzin aren't 5x better than Risto and a middle six winger in Kapenen who will end up scoring the same amount of points on a stacked forward group isn't better than Risto either. You make some other solid points so its not an attack on you but you either got >>>>> happy or need to reel it in a bit on your own guys.

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Sure he is. He has no need of Risto. That's his position of strength.

We have no need to move Ehlers. One dman isn't going to fix the defense, especially an offensively inclined one, we have enough of those. Playing the young guys and giving them experience for next year and fixing the defense in the offseason will.

Sure, he doesn’t have to trade Ehlers and he can think very little of Ristolainen, but he is NOT in a position of strength.

Jet fans don’t need to be defensive about everything. The team lost 5 of their starting 6 d man from last season that is NOT working from a position of strength. If he is a good GM he should be looking to upgrade the blueline

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad