Proposal: Jets Defence Mega Thread

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I'm sure that would go a long way towards encouraging free agents to sign in Winnipeg. Trade another captain, especially one who genuinely works his ass off and wants to win.

Agreed

People don't get it often, this isnt a video game.....Wheeler isn't being traded for at least 2-3 years....if ever.

tntkid

Fire Maurice & Chevy
Nov 27, 2011
Winnipeg, Manitoba
I still Roslovic is going to be a top 6 forward in this league. Sadly he is probably the trade bait Chevy will dangle to up grade the D (that Chevy inexplicably let dissolve over the summer). Not sure who I would prefer the Jets trade 'cause the team needs a real top 3 Dman in the worst way and wont get him with spare parts. It will cost a player we (Jets fans) don't want to trade.

Roslovic better start developing soon as he is looking like a bottom 6 forward.

I prefer to trade Perreault but Roslovic may be the one who goes to get the right return.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018

I prefer to trade Perreault but Roslovic may be the one who goes to get the right return.

Roslovich has very little value. He's a proven bottom 6 player.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

Of course you'd prefer to trade Perreault, clears over $4million off your cap next season, and he is on the down and Roslovic is on the up.

I think a trade could be worked out where the Sabres take Perreault, but the 2020 1st has to be part of the deal, as well as a center prospect with 2C/3C upside.

Risto/Montour
Vesey

Perreault
2020 1st
Gustafsson/Nikkanen

That is, I think, how a trade would/could/should look. Sabres would take Perreault but need to dump a forward (Vesey being the obvious choice). This only works (I think) if Byfuglien isn't playing this year, or doesn't come back until the trade deadline. As a Sabres fan I'd like to see a Roslovic/Rodrigues swap in here as well, but that may be pushing it.

It helps the Jets in 2020/21. Assuming Byfuglien is done, there is space to sign another RHD (Risto/Montour taking the contract slot of Perreault).

And from the Sabres perspective I think a 7/8 playoff spot is a win for this year, and this may be the final futures move for a very long time. 2 picks in the 17-24 range and Gustafsson/Nikkanen mean low salary roster options 2022-2027 when the Sabres will have 4 players taking up 38million or so and (hopefully) Mittelstadt and Olofsson in the 6-7 million a year range. Hopefully :)

Last edited:

heilongjetsfan

Jul 4, 2011
wait you think perrault is better than risto/montour?
Risto, yeah. Montour, no.

Don't sleep on Matty P, though. He's overpaid, especially considering our cap situation, but he's a great possession player and he flies up the ice. Tries to do too much in the O-zone sometimes, but I think that's partly to do with the fact that we don't have a top-6 spot for him, and he's trying to do things on his own. Good on the pk as well. Cuts off passing lanes and has an active stick. I'm fine with keeping him long term if he'll take less on his next contract, honestly.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
Now imagine how bad it would be if we added one of Buffalos ****ty defencemen

I happen to think Montour would be a great get, and Risto not so much. Go ahead and see if you can pull a top 4 D other than Montour, and what it would cost you. Your 5on5 is horrendous right now but I guess you think that will sort itself out.

You may be onto something, you are returning the same team as last year *except* for an almost completely different D lineup. Yeah, I mean it's going to be fine eventually.

Hoping to re-sign Perreault is funny. Not a knock on Perreault, but look at the money you have invested in your forwards. You're content with 4+ for Perreault as a borderline 3rd liner and 4th linter in the future. OK.

I'm actually not trying to be insulting, not trying to pluck Ehlers or Laine. Homer on fellas, homer on.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
Risto, yeah. Montour, no.

Don't sleep on Matty P, though. He's overpaid, especially considering our cap situation, but he's a great possession player and he flies up the ice. Tries to do too much in the O-zone sometimes, but I think that's partly to do with the fact that we don't have a top-6 spot for him, and he's trying to do things on his own. Good on the pk as well. Cuts off passing lanes and has an active stick. I'm fine with keeping him long term if he'll take less on his next contract, honestly.
Matty P doesn't play in our pk and he defers quite a bit offensively to Roslovic not really creating.

Adam da bomb

May 1, 2016
I happen to think Montour would be a great get, and Risto not so much. Go ahead and see if you can pull a top 4 D other than Montour, and what it would cost you. Your 5on5 is horrendous right now but I guess you think that will sort itself out.

You may be onto something, you are returning the same team as last year *except* for an almost completely different D lineup. Yeah, I mean it's going to be fine eventually.

Hoping to re-sign Perreault is funny. Not a knock on Perreault, but look at the money you have invested in your forwards. You're content with 4+ for Perreault as a borderline 3rd liner and 4th linter in the future. OK.

I'm actually not trying to be insulting, not trying to pluck Ehlers or Laine. Homer on fellas, homer on.
Yes, Matty P is not great and I would not try to resign him, but, it's easier to wait until next year, then give up our pick when we will be drafting in top 10. I have an easier time seeing this as a lost season, than giving up our top 10 pick.

elchud

Nov 1, 2015

My bad, Perreault is a 3rd liner on your team. I guess he's pretty darn crucial, yep, definitely should look into re-signing him after next year. Once Little comes back it's going to be fine, it's all clear now.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
There should really be a separate thread for Sabres fans trying to hype Ristolainen. The last 28 pages of this thread are terrible

Ristolainen is literally arguably one of the worse Dman for the Jets in the NHL fit wise. Ristolainen strengths are on the PP and his greatest weaknesses are 5vs5 both offensively & defensively. Jets don’t need any help on the PP from a offensive D, the Jets need help defensively 5vs5.........literally the opposite of what Ristolainen brings. Ristolainen & the Jets are a horrible match. Not sure how people don’t get it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad