Proposal: Jets Defence Mega Thread

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I've been thinking about Green. I think hes better than most think, a top 4 anyway. Hes still a PP contributor and right handed which I prefer over the left handed Morrissey on the PP1 with everything going through Wheeler on the right wall.

The problem is #1 that NTC he wouldn't waive for the Leafs (its possible he just thinks Babcock is a d-bag). #2, I think there will be a big value gap between the two fan bases. Because of Green's brittle neck I'd think about a 3rd.

Bowey is junk.
Understandable re: Green, however he's fully healthy so the neck is not an issue. We're likely to get a late 1st or 2nd & 3rd @ TDL or ~Feb. contingent upon his health & production, the latter of which is never an issue & the former isn't unless it's a hockey related injury, which could happen to any player. He's playing almost 23Min/gp, tops on our D. He's probably a good #3 on a PO team. Doubt he waives to any Canadian team, especially this early in the season. I think he also wants to stay East iirc.

Bowey is interesting to us because of upside, can skate, hit, decent shot, young, cheap etc. ok for 3rd pairing guy.

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
That's funny, I seem to remember a large section of this site saying that it was impossible...
Who said this? Wrong thread to go into this, many of us were proven right Dubas would bend over to Marner's contract demands. Anything is possible when you have a GM that is an agents best friend who overspends.

Bottom line this is terrible trade proposal.

Deadly Dogma

Sponsor
May 3, 2016
And some leaf fans wonder why fans of other teams take shots whenever they can. LOL FOR FREE HE SAID
to be clear we can't take him for free. if we had the cap space I would take him for cheap. At this time I wouldn't offer anymore than a late pick and token prospect.

Merrrlin

Grab the 9 iron, Barry!
Jul 2, 2019
- Takes an upprovoked shot at the Leafs GM saying 1 gm is better

- When called out claims this is not the thread for discussing who is the better GM

Not sure how you are still allowed to do this.

This guy spends all day posting about the Leafs in our Around the League thread.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
I've spoken to many Winnipeg fans and they absolutely love Rasmus Ristolainen's game and would give up almost anything to acquire him. :sarcasm:

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
Cody Ceci sucks and is far worse then Risto.
He's an outlier in this trade. He has struggled defensively. Not worth a mention in this proposal that makes it hard to take seriously. Not for a good talent elevator like Chevy is. Really it is wishful thinking for Leafs fans I suppose, since the only proven GM willing to take Ceci last year was Dubas.

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
Ceci hasn't been that bad. He's fit in pretty well so far.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
Considering Brodie was traded to Toronto this summer for Kadri, before Kadri refused to waive, I think they've accepted that Brodie is a movable asset. Kylington is a nice addition (as compared to Jankowski in the leafs trade) as a cost controlled roster player that fits their needs, with upside. With Valimaki and Anderrson both making the squad this year ahead of Kylington he is the odd man out and movable. Stone would have to play on the bottom pair until Valimaki was healthy again but they would not be desperate.

The Leafs got Barrie (a far better dman) and Kerfoot a good 3C. If the deal had Brodie in it there was obviously something added to him, so using that deal as a reason why Brodie is worth Ehlers.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Stanley Cup Champion Christian Djoos (LD that has mainly played RD) would probably be available for a later round draft pick

The never-been-waived hit machine, Robert Hagg, is also a LD who played the right side a lot. That's who Winnipeg needs.

kylbaz

Winnipeg <3
Nov 14, 2015
www.movingtowinnipeg.ca
I'm not saying the Habs are a cup contender. I'm saying they are closer than the Jets. The Jets are a hot mess and on their way downhill.
If a team consisting of Scheif, Ehlers, Laine, Wheeler, Connor, Morrissey, Heinola is a hot mess and going downhill, than I love me a hot mess. Outside Wheeler who is in his 30s, that's easily a top five best young cores in hockey.

hockeyguru

Sep 10, 2019
montour could be an interesting possibility if buffalo continues to play well, when he gets back from the ir ofc

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
this is one situation where chevy's patience may work against him. if he doesn't make a move now while he can pretend he has options, he may have a gun to his head shortly.
Quite possibly. You have to think ownership and management are a lot less comfortable than some fans with "letting the chips fall where they may" by throwing a weak D corps out there every night.

BatVader

"nothing is true; everything is permitted"
May 16, 2015
Imperial Gotham
This is a bad deal for both teams.

The Flames D gets thinned out.

No way the Jets trade Elhers anything short of a over payment(which the Flames cannot afford.)

Would the Jets have interest around something Brodie for Jack Roslovic.
I’d do Roslovic for Hamonic, but not Brodie.
Hamonic is more likely to re-up in Winnipeg.

bukwas

Stanley Cup 2022
Sep 27, 2017
And some leaf fans wonder why fans of other teams take shots whenever they can. LOL FOR FREE HE SAID
Excellent point.
No doubt the ones that don't fling crap wonder why they constantly have it thrown their way.

TK 421

Barbashev eats babies pass it on
Sep 12, 2007
Pa-pa-pa Penguins and the Jets

Thanks, I'll see myself out.

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
I see multi threads on the same subject, help for the Jets defence. So here is the mega thread for all those offers to go.

Reactions: hn777

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Maybe the jets should re-invent the game and get rid of a defenseman and bring back the rover.

justanotherleafsfan

Oct 5, 2019
Barrie, Ceci and Muzzin will all be UFAs after this season. The Leafs won't have the cap space to sign them all. If Buff retires the Jets will have over $8 million in cap space to sign a UFA D next summer. In addition to the Leafs' UFAs, there are a bunch of other D coming to market next off-season. The Jets will be in a good position to use their cap space to either sign a free agent, or trade for a D from a cap-crunched team.
Yeah, I understand how contracts work, I'm enjoying this season thanks.

Reactions: Hamurai

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad