Proposal: Jets Defence Mega Thread

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
(I see multi threads on the same subject, help for the Jets defence. So here is the megathread for all those offers to go. Hunter)

HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Jets and NYI talking early season trade (e4)

Sources tell me the Islanders and Jets are working on “The first major trade of the season” and that the Isles scouted the Jets heavily in their opening games against the Rangers and The Devils. The trade may involve Nick Ehlers. Stay tuned.

Could make some sense since Islander sorely lack top end talent and while Ehlers may not be my first choice beggars can't be choosers. On the Jets side Islander could trade Leddy(LHD but could play right) and Mayfield(RHD) to help them with their right side defense problem.

On a realistic note the Islanders are probably scouting the Jets because they play them tomorrow(occam's razor)

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: SI90

EpicGingy

Jul 30, 2012
Ontario
HockeyBuzz.com - Eklund - Jets and NYI talking early season trade (e4)

Could make some sense since Islander sorely lack top end talent and while Ehlers may not be my first choice beggars can't be choosers. On the Jets side Islander could trade Leddy(LHD but could play right) and Mayfield(RHD) to help them with their right side defense problem.

On a realistic note the Islanders are probably scouting the Jets because they play them tomorrow(occam's razor)

Beggars can choose 1st line wingers signed long term for a great AAV? :huh:

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
As a Jets fan, a trade of Ehlers brings back Pulock.

I really have no interest in trading Ehlers and I'm sure Islander fans have no interest in trading Pulock. So here we are.

Pretty much this. I don’t blame you guys for not wanting to love Ehlers and I don’t blame you for asking for Pulock.

Pulock is the isles number 1 defensman and he’s just turning 25. Can’t afford to lose him.

With Laine being inconsistent the Jets would probably like to hold onto Ehlers.

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Isles72

Feb 27, 2002
Canada
I have no doubt the cost of Ehlers would be Pulock .

Dobson is ready , G. Hutton didnt look out of place in pre-season either so if Noah needs some insulation theres that angle .

Jeti

Blue-Line Dekes
Jul 8, 2011
MTL
The Islanders don't have any young defenseman good enough to return Ehlers IMO but I haven't watched Pulock enough to say for certain. Ehlers could get 30+50 this year if they keep him with Scheifele and Wheeler. He looks ready to break out in a big way.

If they're trading any of the top young wingers (Ehlers, Connor or Laine), it should definitely be Connor. Sell high on him after the season he had last year.

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
The only one the Jets would take for Ehlers is Dobson, and I doubt the Jets do it knowing how good Ehlers looks this year. Plus his contract is team friendly, adding to his value.

I could see a trade around Roslovic and Mayfield. Roslo has a ton of talent but needs good linemates for more than one period here and there. Mayfield adds size the Jets need to replace with Buff, Chiarot, Myers gone. I see their value as close, but if I'm wrong they could balance it with picks.

Heldig

Apr 12, 2002
BC
The Jets obviously need an upgrade on D. That said, the forward group is young and talented and most are locked in to long term deals. Scheifele, Wheeler, Laine, Connor and Ehlers are the faces/identity of the franchise for the most part (along with Morrissey).

With all the talent on the Isles D I would see if I could land Mayfield for a guy like Roslovic. Isles give up a big, stay at home D on a very cheap contract for a still unproven but talented C/RW with tons of speed. Jets lose the trade if Roslovic comes close to his potential but Mayfield would fill a gigantic hole on the D side.

Of course, the two teams play each other on Sunday so there is probably nothing to the rumour. Just scouting.

Reactions: mazmin

Strait2thecup

Sep 1, 2016
I mean, Ehlers played 20 fewer games but sure, be purposefully disingenuous.
I mean no offense to ehlers, great player but he paced for under 50 points last year. Pulock was a lockdown top pairing dman playing 22-23 minutes a game.

He doesn’t get you pulock. No point in arguing Bc it’s eklund :laugh:

Tasteless Beaver

PLANE TEAM GOOD
Jul 8, 2015
Ottawa, Ontario
Winnipeg should be trying to pry Hamonic out of Calgary and immediately give him an extension. The 2020-2021 line-up would look pretty good:

Morrissey - Hamonic
Heinola - Plonk
Samberg - Niku

Stanley, Poolman and some other depth on standby.
Hell, maybe Buff comes back sometime and makes this whole discussion moot.
Beaulieu & Kulikov can walk, Bitetto can be launched into the sun.
Draft a RHD with our presumably mid-round 1st.

There's no need to trade a really dynamic forward for Pulock when we can do similar things in other ways.

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
We so badly need offense and we have everything the Jets would want. We make good trade partners on multiple fronts.

unless your willing to give up one of Pulock or Dobson there really isn’t a fit. Surely willing to give up one of our T6 wingers but need quality coming back

jgimp

Sep 18, 2017
Ripley, Ont
As a Jets fan, a trade of Ehlers brings back Pulock.

I really have no interest in trading Ehlers and I'm sure Islander fans have no interest in trading Pulock. So here we are.

An Ehlers/Pulock would seem pretty close to me. If it hurts both sides it’s pretty even. And I love Ehlers, that would suck!

Reactions: Upperdeckjet

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->