Post-Game Talk: Jets 5-Devils-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Zacha deserves more icetime . Looked very good tonight for having a short trying camp and preseason.
Subban will need to play 30 minutes a night if Severson / Mueller etc play like they did tonight.
Goose is a stud, Hughes looked nervous but by no means am I concerned about his play in his first game
I’m not seeing how Schneider was just “cramping “. The guy did the flying splits full speed across the crease and it’s just “cramping “ ... I hope it is but doesn’t look like a minor issue

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Yikes...

FkYPFtF.png

Billdo

Oct 28, 2008
Ocean County
put Boqvist with Zacha and Bratt.

Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Coleman-Zajac-Simmonds
Boqvist-Zacha-Bratt
Gusev-Hughes-Wood

I don't care which line is which on paper but put these lines together and let them play a full game instead of f***ing with them like Hynes did tonight.

Also use these d pairings...

Vatanen-Subban
Butcher-Severson
Greene-Carrick.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
I swear you made this same post during a preseason game where he **** the bed.
Don’t recall.

Dude, did you watch any games last season? He was very good. Or any of his career? It shouldn’t have to be explained to you that judging a player based on 1 game is asinine. If we’re doing that, Hughes doesn’t belong in the NHL.

BenedictGomez

Corsi is GROSSLY overrated
Oct 11, 2007
PRNJ
Split (sit one of them) Mueller/Severson, bench Hayden for Boqvist, fix the PP swapping Simmonds for Bratt or Goose and I feel we're good to go.

Mueller was fine tonight.

If you dont bench Severson after tonight, you're not only rubber-stamping it being fine for him (or anyone else) to play like this, but you'll never bench anyone. Ever.

Hayden was not good.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
The Hughes line got caved in in the third. Absolutely manhandled. But it mostly looked like it was because they were playing super passive, probably at the direction of our moronic coach.

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
Should we go back to your post history and find the hundreds of posts similar to this? Ignorance is bliss I guess.
Or you can use your brain and actually look at his body of work over his career instead of being a clown and judging him based on one game. Shall we search your history and see how you felt about Santini?

tr83

Nope, still embarassed
Oct 14, 2013
Jersey Shore
Those saying Hughes played “bad” need to relax. He is a teenager playing in his very first NHL game....
You could tell he was nervous or amped up .. give him a break it’s the first game of the season .

Hopefully is just a cramp or minor issue with Schneider but the 2nd goal he extended pretty far and would not doubt if it is a groin issue

Positives I thought were Goose Subban Coleman Vatanen Zacha Nico was decent . Simmonds looked better than I thought he would
Hughes looked nervous . You can see he has tons of skill but bobbled the puck some times but... he is a frickin 18year old kid playing in his first ever game . Cut the kid some slack . It’s BS saying he played bad ....

Hall looked pretty crappy , Hayden is a plug that we have no use for , Severson was terrible , Palmeri was invisible.

Playing against a team of linebackers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad