Post-Game Talk: Jets 5-Devils-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

R8Devs

1-5-6-12
Nov 20, 2010
New Jersey
Well if they win tomorrow I'll be fine with it I guess. 1-0-1 in a back to back is ok.

I would ice:
Hall-Hischier-Palmieri
Gusev-Hughes-Coleman
Boqvist-Zajac-Simmonds
Wood-Zacha-Bratt

If I was being really radical and make sure no lines struggle defensively then:
Gusev-Hischier-Palmieri
Hall-Hughes-Coleman
Boqvist-Zajac-Simmonds
Wood-Zacha-Bratt

RangerDoggo

The Devils have a culture of failure
Feb 3, 2016
Brooklyn via NJ, like the Nets
I don’t buy they didn’t play a 60 minute effort. The effort was there all game.

Problem is the Jets turned it on late and they made some really stupid basic mistakes in their own zone. That and their starter got hurt.
Personally I think the Hynes defensive and transition system was on full display and farting right in our faces in that period, but you do you.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
This game is on the staff. Why in would you not call timeout after the third goal to calm things down? Like usage is still an issue even with a deep team. Idk how you lose line match ups at home but they found a way tonight.

Reactions: glenwo2

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Those saying Hughes played “bad” need to relax. He is a teenager playing in his very first NHL game....
You could tell he was nervous or amped up .. give him a break it’s the first game of the season .

Hopefully is just a cramp or minor issue with Schneider but the 2nd goal he extended pretty far and would not doubt if it is a groin issue

Positives I thought were Goose Subban Coleman Vatanen Zacha Nico was decent . Simmonds looked better than I thought he would
Hughes looked nervous . You can see he has tons of skill but bobbled the puck some times but... he is a frickin 18year old kid playing in his first ever game . Cut the kid some slack . It’s BS saying he played bad ....

Hall looked pretty crappy , Hayden is a plug that we have no use for , Severson was terrible , Palmeri was invisible.

Reactions: My3Sons

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
On the bright side Gusev is real

I have one major issue with his game. In the defensive zone if he is ever below the dot and he gets the puck he immediately slaps it to the other side even if there's better options. That probably worked in the past for him because of the larger ice which gave his teammates more time to get to it but it does not work here and needs to be ironed out of his game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad