Post-Game Talk: Jets 5-Devils-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
That one hand goal was seriously incredible. Not to mention I want to say it was one of the first shifts he took coming back from his injury.

I’m gonna start drinking pickle juice if this is what it does to you. :laugh:
It was the first play of the first shift since coming back from his teeth getting knocked out.

Reactions: Prezidentas Zubrus

SteveCangialosi123

Feb 17, 2012
NJ
You think the goal in the lat 10 seconds of the 2nd was on Severson?

You think the goal when Hughes was taking a defensive zone faceoff because of an icing that lead to the team being pinned in the zone forever was Severson's fault?

You think those soft ass goals Blackwood let up were all on Severson? Was no doubt a rough game but that 4th line that he played behind most of the night wasn't very good with their support. I saw lots of problems with Wood and Hayden looking completely lost Mueller and Severson staring at each trying to figure out who was doing what....

But if you want to blame it all on Severson be my guest.
Don’t even bother, man. No one is gonna hear any of it. They’re out for blood. All of the goals were 100% his fault, apparently.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
That one hand goal was seriously incredible. Not to mention I want to say it was one of the first shifts he took coming back from his injury.

I’m gonna start drinking pickle juice if this is what it does to you. :laugh:

It was the first shift coming back from a stick to the face.

The goal at the end of the second pissed me off so much. Zacha got chopped right on the hand which caused a turnover which led to the goal. That is called 99.999% of the time.

OmNomNom

Taco is Love, Taco is Life
Mar 3, 2011
In the Church of Salmela
Bratt with Zacha and Wood looked good at least. Time to fire Hayden into the sun and play Boqvist
Gusev and Jack I don't think we're ready for their matchup

They were KILLED corsi wise, and they're supposed to be the play drivers

It's to be expected in their first official nhl game

Bcap88

Ruff season that’s for sure
Aug 12, 2011
Chicago

You think the goal when Hughes was taking a defensive zone faceoff because of an icing that lead to the team being pinned in the zone forever was Severson's fault?

You think those soft ass goals Blackwood let up were all on Severson? Was no doubt a rough game but that 4th line that he played behind most of the night wasn't very good with their support. I saw lots of problems with Wood and Hayden looking completely lost Mueller and Severson staring at each trying to figure out who was doing what....

No the problem is you find other players to blame and then revert back to history, you are literally lou, stuck in your old ass ways “I wish we had driver, I wish we had stevens, yo nieds was good too” “rafalski blows” guess what, non of those players are coming back but for some reason you protect severson who has been a -1000 since being on this team

MVP Zacha

Feb 8, 2012
Kansas

A reply to all of your questions... Yes.

TheUnseenHand

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Gusev and Jack I don't think we're ready for their matchup

They were KILLED corsi wise, and they're supposed to be the play drivers

It's to be expected in their first official nhl game

They really took a nose dive once Hayden replaced Bratt.

Reactions: glenwo2

Edmonton East

BUT the ADvaNCEd STatS...
Nov 25, 2007
Hughes looked embarrassingly out of place tonight.

Gusev only getting 13 min is a joke and a clear indication of how dumb this Mickey mouse coaching staff is.

Butcher and Severson....learn to play even high level beer league defense.

Oh well

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
I'm pretty disappointed in the big guns failing to respond. Granted, Hughes is a literal child, so whatever. But Hall was invisible in the 3rd, Nico won some faceoffs but didn't create, Palmieri vanished.

Goose and Wood were really the only ones pushing in the 3rd. Everyone just kind of sat around and watched and seemed happy to be there.

Reactions: HBK27

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Devils up 4-0.

Hynes: Let's get the bingo ball cage out!

d717c149f9072d18bb8f9602df1c27f3-original.jpg

Reactions: BenedictGomez

Better Call Sal

Salnalysis
Nov 24, 2011
New Jersey
It was the first shift coming back from a stick to the face.

The goal at the end of the second pissed me off so much. Zacha got chopped right on the hand which caused a turnover which led to the goal. That is called 99.999% of the time.

I always hate venting about the refs but I do feel like it was a bit one sided tonight.

Not a real detriment on the outcome of the game though, just thought they weren’t the best.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Oh well game 1.
At least we can score lol !!
I’m still pumped about the season
Outplayed a very good team while having average -crappy game from some of the players who are supposed to be our best.
Hall looked “meh”
Hughes looked nervous and will only improve.
Go devils !

JimEIV

Feb 19, 2003
Hughes looked embarrassingly out of place tonight.

Gusev only getting 13 min is a joke and a clear indication of how dumb this Mickey mouse coaching staff is.

Butcher and Severson....learn to play even high level beer league defense.

Oh well
I half think this is a major reason in finding a scapegoat as quickly as possible...to distract from this fact.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad