Post-Game Talk: Jets 5-Devils-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I recall reading one post (at least one post) that seemed to imply that Severson has looked this bad almost every night and that's just not even close to true.

If Severson were nearly this bad almost every night, his NHL career would have ended long ago.

If this wasn't the worst game Severson has ever played in the NHL, it certainly was his worst since at least two seasons ago.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I hope so. I actually was for MB as the starter so there's no bias in my opinion.

He started to settle down when it got to OT so I am not worried. It was just an unfortunate situation.

They had a bunch of chances to get goal 5 and failed and they had chances to clear the puck before the tying goal and didn’t.

Need to lift your teammates up when they are struggling.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
I recall reading one post (at least one post) that seemed to imply that Severson has looked this bad almost every night and that's just not even close to true.

If Severson were nearly this bad almost every night, his NHL career would have ended long ago.

If this wasn't the worst game Severson has ever played in the NHL, it certainly was his worst since at least two seasons ago.

This has to be his worst game ever. He just looked clueless out there. Like he never played hockey before.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Do we know it was Cory's hip that was the problem? Could have just been his leg or something else lower body.

Regardless, it's a bit frightening that he seems to be injury prone into his 30's. Especially after the preseason and the game he was having tonight. The last good year he had he missed almost a month with that knee injury, then he had groin surgery (which was probably the hip issue misdiagnosed early on, as it's very common to see that happen with hip injuries) that offseason. Then the hip issues and I'm pretty sure when he sat out for a month last year in December/January, it was for something else, which wasn't exactly the hip.

Auto Pilot

Sep 7, 2019
Hynes matched up the Hughes line against the Connor Laine line a lot tonight. That is bad coaching. You have last change, put them against the bottom 6 of Winnipeg.

And if you have an issue with a d pairing, break it up, don’t bench them when you have a game literally the next day since you’re gonna run your top 4 into the ground real quickly.

Those top 4 dmen are gonna be sluggish tomorrow thanks to that galaxy brain coaching choice.

Reactions: Whaddagoal

haak84

Oct 18, 2017
Who is to blame for tonight's loss? I want to say Hynes but is that the easy out?
Kinkaid

But seriously a pretty bad loss. I think hynes is a Mickey Callaway type manager and this team with its talent needs a more capable coach. Hynes would make a great assistant.

kiwidevil

Funny thing is Hayden is exactly as we'd thought he would be that most of these "big, gritty" guys are.

Seems to be in the right place, seems to be physical but has hands like a pee wee.
There were times he'd be in the D zone, 1 meter from the blue line, gets in good position, receives the puck then flubs it 3 times trying to push the puck out of the zone.

Also, how much time have Mueller - Severson spent together as a pair before?

Jack Be Quick

Hasek Is Right
Mar 17, 2011
Brooklyn
He was dog **** but let’s blame Jack some more.
Are people actually blaming Jack? Haven't had time to read the entire thread.

I saw Zacha promoted at some stage in the second, which I thought he deserved for a moment. After that it seemed like there was no rhyme or reason other than the top line.

My buddies and I couldn't figure out for the life of us why Jack or goose barely touched the ice in the final 5 minutes. Was that live bias?

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Are people actually blaming Jack? Haven't had time to read the entire thread.

I saw Zacha promoted at some stage in the second, which I thought he deserved for a moment. After that it seemed like there was no rhyme or reason other than the top line.

My buddies and I couldn't figure out for the life of us why Jack or goose barely touched the ice in the final 5 minutes. Was that live bias?

They got caught on the ice for that extra long shift that tied the game. Mueller and Severson were also benched.

Jack and Goose obviously played in OT and the shootout though.

kiwidevil

Does anyone have a replay of OT?

It felt like we missed 20 grade A chances.

nugg

NJ Hammerhead Bats!
Apr 27, 2002
Central Jersey
Severson was significantly better than Vatanen last season. Vatanen almost certainly shouldn’t be and won’t be resigned. I like him, but he’s injury prone and will be overpaid.
Hopefully we will see Smith and Walsh take over key spots. We will be a "Cap team" next season, for sure.

Burner Account

Feb 14, 2008
Haven’t seen TOI but felt like way too much Simmonds and not enough Bratt.

I don’t understand how you leave that game with your timeout.

Reactions: GameSeven
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad