Johnny HFBOARDS

Trade you!
Dec 10, 2011
Earth
skinner might be a good goal, plays deep and uses his posts, leans low though

i should take it to the main thread.... im watching old jets

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
You are the one who stated you don't want them playing against the other teams top lines not me. So that leaves the bottom 2 lines based on the rules you stated. So tell us how you figure the would work out in the road when the other team has last change?
Okay. I'm on board. Let's play them exclusively against the opponents' 3rd and 4th lines. That's 20+ minutes a night!

Last edited:

The Blue Baron

Nov 13, 2015
Hoser Country
4 out 5 John McLeans

1698379052193.gif
1698379052193.gif
1698379052193.gif
1698379052193.gif

our American players came through! Praise the lord baby Jesus!

onwards and upwards!

raideralex99

Whiteout Is Coming.
Dec 18, 2015
West Coast
And without our poor goaltending in our 3 losses we could be undefeated :)
Is it poor goaltending?
Maybe its a bad bounce/deflection, bad defense or guessed wrong or a good play/good shot by the opposing player.
Hellebuyck is a top goalie yes he will have a bad game here and there but he will not turn into a bad goalie overnight.

Reactions: GNP

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
Conner and Scheifele with Vilardi were a 75% XGF line with 3 gf and 0 against.

Since Vilardi has been injured they are 2 goals for and 3 against while posting an awful 35% XGF%.

Sure these sample sizes are pretty small but throw in all the past years worth of data and it should be pretty darn clear to the coaching staff that you can't count on Mark and Kyle playing big minutes together 5 on 5 unless you have the perfect line mate. They are getting crushed right now.

Perfetti started taking the draws back half of the game because the coaching staff clued in on Namestnikov not being able to win any, which was a good move on their part as Cole went 67% on the dot tonight. Now that he's scoring and confident I'd like to see him gradually moved back into the middle.
Holy agenda... names was 50% on faceoffs and so was perfetti on the two he took haha - one early in the 2nd and one early in the 3rd... bet you names was kicked out of the circle on both...

Scheif and Lowry got torched all game but somehow you single out namestnikov because you want perfetti to magically be 2C

Perfetti will continue to take a few draws a game bur names is our 2C until there's actually a real reason to replace him

Reactions: Dirtbag151

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Holy agenda... names was 50% on faceoffs and so was perfetti on the two he took haha - one early in the 2nd and one early in the 3rd... bet you names was kicked out of the circle on both...

Scheif and Lowry got torched all game but somehow you single out namestnikov because you want perfetti to magically be 2C

Perfetti will continue to take a few draws a game bur names is our 2C until there's actually a real reason to replace him

If you are going to dispute my facts please research beforehand as this information is readily available. Namestnikov was 0 and 5 on the dot last night where Perfetti was 2 and 1.

Namestnikov has a team worst 35% winning record on faceoffs and unlike Perfetti doesn't have the excuse of being a young player just learning the craft. If we are going to suffer through that low a faceoff% I'd rather it be by a kid who has the ability to grow that aspect of his game.

I'm not sure what either Mark or Adam have to do with this conversation as both have been better on the dot than Namestnikov this year and neither plays on the same line as Cole. I know you like the guy but he's not the long term answer at 2C and the org is going to have to eventually put Cole back in that spot.

Last edited:

WolfHouse

Oct 4, 2020
If you are going to dispute my facts please research beforehand as this information is readily available. Namestnikov was 0 and 5 on the dot last night where Perfetti was 2 and 1.

Namestnikov has a team worst 35% winning record on faceoffs and unlike Perfetti doesn't have the excuse of being a young player just learning the craft. If we are going to suffer through that low a faceoff% I'd rather it be by a kid who has the ability to grow that aspect of his game.

I'm not sure what either Mark or Adam have to do with this conversation as both have been better on the dot than Namestnikov this year and neither plays on the same line as Cole. I know you like the guy but he's not the long term answer at 2C and the org is going to have to eventually put Cole back in that spot.
Where are you getting your stats? I got mine from nhl.com and hockey reference... I kind of assumed the NHL boxscore would be correct

ghyrti

Oct 21, 2014
Is it poor goaltending?
Maybe its a bad bounce/deflection, bad defense or guessed wrong or a good play/good shot by the opposing player.
Hellebuyck is a top goalie yes he will have a bad game here and there but he will not turn into a bad goalie overnight.

I don't feel like going back to look at previous years or other teams to see how strong the correlation is between 5 on 5 goaltending and the standings, but here is the goaltending comparisons for the games so far.

5 on 5 goals saved above expected
JetsOppositionDifferenceResult
-1.29​
0.1​
-1.39​
L
0.82​
-0.7​
1.52​
W
-1.12​
0.3​