Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
I think it was likely the Oilers called his agent to inform them that they were planning to send Jesse down to the minors for cap space if all else failed.

Imagine Jesses team then demanded a trade.

Why else would you just call a players agent out of the blue to tell them you are considering a trade? Hes not a legacy or core player. Cant imagine management caring how Jesse feels with his name in trade rumors.

Jesses inability to play in the NHL at a high level ultimately falls on Jesse too. I was disappointed reading interviews in the summer saying he didnt study English.

Id hold on to him until the draft and hope a team will trade a late 1st in a weak draft for him.

Might even being willing to trade him + a top 10 pick to get into the top 5.

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
I think it was likely the Oilers called his agent to inform them that they were planning to send Jesse down to the minors for cap space if all else failed.

Imagine Jesses team then demanded a trade.

Why else would you just call a players agent out of the blue to tell them you are considering a trade? Hes not a legacy or core player. Cant imagine management caring how Jesse feels with his name in trade rumors.

Jesses inability to play in the NHL at a high level ultimately falls on Jesse too. I was disappointed reading interviews in the summer saying he didnt study English.

Id hold on to him until the draft and hope a team will trade a late 1st in a weak draft for him.

Might even being willing to trade him + a top 10 pick to get into the top 5.
He didn’t study English in the off season?

Fixxer

Jul 28, 2016
The guy is 20 years old. Was rushed. Was over-hyped, I admit.
Now what, people say he is done.
It's possible because Edmonton messed up Yakupov that young and he never recovered.
I hope they find the "right chair" for him, in the AHL or traded for another struggling prospect (similar to Chi-Ari Strome for Schmaltz).

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
He didn’t study English in the off season?
I just found the article.

“I do not even think about the AHL, NHL is my place” – Jesse Puljujarvi

Correction: Jesse stated he didnt have the time to focus much on his English studies. Its not clear how much time he spent with learning the language, but judging by the way he speaks (compared with last sesson).... id wager it wasnt anymore than an hour a week. Probably way less.

My French certainly improved more month to month when i was in grade school lol.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton
some questions:

If the Oilers want Jesse to spend a full year in the AHL next season what kind of contract are we looking at? Is there a risk he bolts to Europe/Russia? And if he does leave how long until he's no longer Oiler 'property'?

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
some questions:

If the Oilers want Jesse to spend a full year in the AHL next season what kind of contract are we looking at? Is there a risk he bolts to Europe/Russia? And if he does leave how long until he's no longer Oiler 'property'?
I don’t think Jesse is allowed to go to the AHL next season unless he is waived. I could be wrong.

scotchtapejr

Dec 28, 2018
some questions:

I doubt anyone in Finland or even all of Europe would offer him more than 1 million per year.

Id imagine the oilers would offer a 1 year, 1-way 2.5 million dollar contract "show me" contract out of good faith. Maybe 2 years.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Hilarious to think Pulju could have been in his first ELC year this season, and have 2+ AHL seasons (2 full seasons at least) under his belt.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010

oh boy

Yak 2.0

Changing teams won’t help him.

Guy is just another one of a long line of draft busts by us. He’s the exact same player we saw three years ago: raw with skill, but too weak to win battles and doesn’t work hard enough to make a significant impact in games. Ultimately that’s on him.

Reactions: frag2

Oilers49er

Jun 25, 2018
Changing teams won’t help him.

Guy is just another one of a long line of draft busts by us. He’s the exact same player we saw three years ago: raw with skill, but too weak to win battles and doesn’t work hard enough to make a significant impact in games. Ultimately that’s on him.

Colby Cave and JJ played on the Power Play before him. That is bad coaching and bad management. His shot is better than both of theirs combined.

MaxR11

Mar 28, 2017
either way the team culture is hurt by this situation. either pooly is a bit of a jacka** selfish guy for not reporting to the AHL and having that entitled feeling that it's NHL or nothing for him or the oilers are completely inept in handling the player by keeping him here.... slotting players in the wrong place. eithr way there will be some tension between pooly and the rest of the team and the coaching staff because he simply does not belong here.

ThreeOfAPerfectPair

Oct 26, 2017
Edmonton

“It’s kind of hard for me to think you can hit the reset button,” mused Lehto, who spoke briefly with team president Bob Nicholson Friday when the two ran into each other outside a Starbucks near the hotel. “Going to the American League… Jesse was already there. There was a great plan, then things changed…

“I think it’s hard to reset,” he continued. “It’s like, when the player isn’t trusting anymore… ‘Do these guys really want me here? Do they really trust me to become a top-six guy? A top-nine guy? An offensive player?’ The player is uncertain.

“Are we reaching the point that for the team and for the player, it might be actually beneficial for going different paths, different routes?”

He looks at you and shrugs. His palms are facing up.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

Oilers49er

Jun 25, 2018
Puljujarvi has one of the worst shots I've seen here. We've had some really bad players.

Well we will disagree on this, but if he's suppose to make him a top 6 player the he needs a chance on the PP.

His one timer is big, but he is not used.

dss97

Aug 30, 2010
Colby Cave and JJ played on the Power Play before him. That is bad coaching and bad management. His shot is better than both of theirs combined.
Who cares. Jesse hasn’t shown anything at any point this year that suggests he deserves any PP time.

Guy has himself to blame for another piss poor performance this year. Zero progress since entering this league.

Reactions: frag2
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad