Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
I proposed it as more of a thought experiment. Would they pick any of Jones, Bear, Benson, or Yamamoto over JP?

As for protecting players... I'm guessing we do a 7/3. [Forward] McDavid, Draisaitl, Nuge, Neal, Kassian, Yamamoto, Benson. [Defense] Nurse, Klefbomb, Bear

Leaves Larsson exposed... but there is no way I protect Larsson over Bear at this point. Also leaves JP, Jones, and Lagesson exposed. I'd really hate to lose Jones.
By the time the expansion draft comes to pass it's almost certain Pulju is traded and Nuge would be a UFA (if not already extended) a lot of teams got around not protecting a player last time by letting a contract expire and just having a hand shake deal in place, a potential option to free up a protection slot. While things can change our protection list looks super easy to make we've just got very few players that I'd be afraid of losing and so many contracts that so happen to expire in that off-season.

I'd 100% expose Neal given age and contract, he should clear without much issue, Kassian isn't of a high enough caliber that I'd be concerned about losing him either, but we'll likely have the extra protection slot for a good role player like him. Unless we have a young D who requires protection play so well that we have to go with the 4F/4D format, I just don't foresee much of a hard choice on the horizon. We might give up someone better than Griffin Reinhart this time, but I doubt it would be anyone we'd really miss. *knock on wood*

Whyme

Nov 3, 2019

Regarding the article, I hope and believe Holland knows Puljujärvi hasn't said he will definitely be playing the rest of the season in Finland. In one interview he did say "I'm completely focused to playing the rest of the season in Finland and having a good season over here". But he's also said several times his goal is in the NHL and he's ready to come back if he's traded.

I believe this started from a false Finnish headline "Puljujärvi confirms he's playing the whole season in Finland" and then the news spread to the NA. A bit of a shame as the situation's tricky enough anyway and there's no need to get the value lower for reasons like this.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad