Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
I have a feeling WPG will make a move for him this summer. A great way to get more outta Laine and a great gamble for their cap situation

How would playing Laine with a non-NHLer get more out of him?

Jesus I hope some team is dumb enough to think Puljujarvi can somehow help their team and we end up with an idiot GM giving something meaningful up for him.

bobbythebrain

Jul 30, 2016

Jesus I hope some team is dumb enough to think Puljujarvi can somehow help their team and we end up with an idiot GM giving something meaningful up for him.

Same way Chicago traded for "non-NHLer" Strome, and paired him with ol teammate Debrincat. Once Cat stopped producing, his deficiencies really seeped through bigtime. Kinda like Laine right now. His overall game without production is highly in question. Getting Strome for Cat, and away from the Kane gave them way more options

To a much lesser extent, Minny also is trying the same thing, to unite Aberg and Rask for an old spark

It shows that GM's actually think in these terms sometimes

JP is actually in a semi sweet-spot like Strome was imo. Getting more from Laine away from Wheeler could be a big incentive

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019

You mean genius. What makes you think a 20 year old is done with his career? Brock Boeser was still in college at the same age as JP is right now. You're saying that a 20 yr old who has done nothing in the NHL could be had for nothing. It's too bad our GM wasn't smart enough to give away Eberle for Boeser a couple years ago.

Rantanen had 38 pts with 75 games played as a 20 yr old. I guess that's a bust.
Kucherov, 18 pts in 52 games also as a 20 yr old.

Jesus, if Chia was dumb enough back then to think Rantanen and Boeser could somehow help our team, all we could have given up was some 3rd or 4th round pick and you will say we got fleeced for getting Rantanen.

Rantanen-Mcdavid-Chiasson
Nuge-Draisaitl-Boeser

Reactions: nabob

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Who is a bigger bust at this point? Pavel Zacha or JP?
Zacha 6th overall in 2015
JP 4th overall in 2016
Maybe we can swap busts?

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
You mean genius. What makes you think a 20 year old is done with his career? Brock Boeser was still in college at the same age as JP is right now. You're saying that a 20 yr old who has done nothing in the NHL could be had for nothing. It's too bad our GM wasn't smart enough to give away Eberle for Boeser a couple years ago.

Rantanen had 38 pts with 75 games played as a 20 yr old. I guess that's a bust.
Kucherov, 18 pts in 52 games also as a 20 yr old.

Jesus, if Chia was dumb enough back then to think Rantanen and Boeser could somehow help our team, all we could have given up was some 3rd or 4th round pick and you will say we got fleeced for getting Rantanen.

Rantanen-Mcdavid-Chiasson
Nuge-Draisaitl-Boeser
Mikko Rantanen in draft year +3 had 84 points in 82 games.
Brock Boeser in draft year+3 had 29 goals, 55 points in 62 games.

Puljujarvi in draft year+3 9 points in 45 games.

These players were both in the midst of star making seasons at the point Puljujarvi is right now.

Genuine delusion to believe Pulju is a comparable to these players.

Kucherov is the one example which maybe would make some sense. Difference of course is that Kucherov was in his first season of pro hockey in NA.

As I've said countless times now, the issue for Puljujarvi isn't that he's not a superstar. It's that he hasn't shown an ounce of improvement in any area in the 3 years since he's been drafted. He's as bad in year 3 as he was on day 1.

Seriously, how can any Oiler fan who has watched this player play here for the past 3 years think there is even the slightest semblance of a future with him.

OilerTitanFan

Feb 26, 2019
Mikko Rantanen in draft year +3 had 84 points in 82 games.
Brock Boeser in draft year+3 had 29 goals, 55 points in 62 games.

Puljujarvi in draft year+3 9 points in 45 games.

These players were both in the midst of star making seasons at the point Puljujarvi is right now.

Genuine delusion to believe Pulju is a comparable to these players.

Kucherov is the one example which maybe would make some sense. Difference of course is that Kucherov was in his first season of pro hockey in NA.

As I've said countless times now, the issue for Puljujarvi isn't that he's not a superstar. It's that he hasn't shown an ounce of improvement in any area in the 3 years since he's been drafted. He's as bad in year 3 as he was on day 1.

Seriously, how can any Oiler fan who has watched this player play here for the past 3 years think there is even the slightest semblance of a future with him.
So if he is useless, what is the point of trading him for literally nothing? You make it sound like we are lucky to get a 5th round pick. If that is the case i rather roll the dice with JP.

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
So if he is useless, what is the point of trading him for literally nothing? You make it sound like we are lucky to get a 5th round pick. If that is the case i rather roll the dice with JP.

If someone will take Lucic with JP, you bet your ass the Oilers would do it.

Connorrhea

Sep 17, 2005
JP will have something to prove when he returns from injury and maybe this is a blessing in disguise to give somewhat of a clearer head and a new start with the Oilers because they will probably sign him for a small amount and play him in Bakersfield properly before calling him up. Imagine if he stuck with that team and gained more confidence before the Oilers brought him up after 4 games because Hitchock wanted to help develop him....the more I think about Hitch's comment the more I think about how absurd it was for management to let him come in and decide how to develop players...the NHL isn't a development league and that's where his comments made me take a second to re-think what he just said.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
Why is it any different from JP?

Not saying I think Pulju will reach his potential, but why is someone the same age who's never set foot in the NHL considered a surefire NHLer?
I don't think he's a bust. Maybe a bust if you factor in his draft pedigree. But right now, there's so much wrong with him. Still wishing him a successful career though

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Why is it any different from JP?

Not saying I think Pulju will reach his potential, but why is someone the same age who's never set foot in the NHL considered a surefire NHLer?
Fabbro has less damage at this point though. Not saying he's a sure fire NHLer, but there seems to be quite a few issues surrounding JP. Some that I'm not sure we will ever overcome.

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo

If the Oilers are serious about making the playoffs next year, they need players that can actually make a positive contribution. At this point, JP has not made enough of a contribution to warrant a roster spot.

PoolpartyFanboy

Mar 4, 2019
- Now you can see. I do believe that next season I will take the NHL. I want to play here. Let's put the crook in shape and next season I'll take the NHL. That's the goal, Lake Puljujärvi assured.
Is it NHL Edmonton Oilers where you want to play?
- Well ... There's it.

Reactions: Wretched Oil

Kaako Kappo

Kaako Kappo
Oct 12, 2016
Kaako Kappo
- Now you can see. I do believe that next season I will take the NHL. I want to play here. Let's put the crook in shape and next season I'll take the NHL. That's the goal, Lake Puljujärvi assured.
Is it NHL Edmonton Oilers where you want to play?
- Well ... There's it.
Jesse Puljujärvi, 20, avautui umpisolmustaan Edmontonissa: ”Mulla on vähän niin kuin vanhan ihmisen lonkat”

Or rather;

When asked about his future in Edmonton, Jesse had this to say:

-We'll see. I think i'll play in the NHL next season. I want to play here. We'll fix my body and I'll take a roster spot next season. That's my goal.

Is Edmonton the team you want to play on next season?

-Well....yeah, it is.

He said that he has "Old people hips", some sort of a structural issue. It started to bother him this season & was painful. When it started to become an issue on ice the team decided to investigate.

Reactions: 48g90a138pts

DingerMcSlapshot

Dec 1, 2017
he said himself he should be ready for training camp. Why do you say that?
Hips for a hockey player are money makers. JP said himself himself he has old man's hips meaning he might be arthritic. You can't
turn back time on arthritis it only progressively gets worse. Yes young people can suffer from arthritis is genetic. Time will give us answers. As far as him saying he'll be ready for next year. Don't mean nothing until it happens

harpoon

Dec 23, 2005
Why would Puljujarvi be giving interviews saying he has 'old man hips'? That seems like an incredibly stupid thing to do. Why bother having an agent at all. Keep your trap shut kid before you sewer what's left of your career.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad