Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
But it was our doctors that said get surgery and he went for a second opinion. Seems he's the one that didn't think it was too serious

The team sent him for the second opinion. Nobody wants to have a player get surgery if they don't need to.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Remember late in preseason when he had really high end speed and then it went away? This has probably been bothering him for some time. IMO we should sign him to a cheap 2 year bridge deal and hopefully this surgery at least get his legs under him so that he can gain more separation from defenders.

Reactions: GOilers88
Jul 16, 2013
Edmonton
Ok all you medical personnel out there. What the Sam Hell could a “body structure issue” be relating to a hip??

A displaced or imbalanced hip can cause multiple issues - depending on the severity of his hip's "structural issue" it could possibly create back issues and complications with the healthy leg as it compensates for the body's imbalance. I'm not sure precisely what Jesse's situation is so I'll leave my speculation to that, but these things can be tricky it could come from a prior injury, or he could have simply grown in to this problem.

I do hope our players see our medical staff often enough for them to properly evaluate these conditions, it doesn't sound like this is an all-of-a-sudden problem.

3IR

Feb 12, 2019
That sucks for JP, and the Oilers really.

Wish something would have been done before he came over. His career could already be over at this point. The kid owed it to himself and the team he was going to be playing for, to be in the best possible condition to play hockey.

I wonder if it was just something that flared up occasionally, and he didn't think it was serious because it would go away after a while off skates having only played 50 games with limited minutes (+ international tournaments) in his draft season which was the most hockey he'd played in a year by the looks of it.

Now take that to the grind of the NHL and AHL plus likely more training heavy off seasons, and the pain may have become regular enough for him to start complaining about it rather than ignoring it.

Hopefully it's something that can just be fixed, and he can play without the pain, but being a "body structure" issue makes me think it's something that's going to take a while to adjust to being better.

russ99

Jun 9, 2011
Just when I think the Oilers couldn’t have botched this situation any worse, sending a 20 year old kid out hurt to play 4th line minutes. Jeez.

Reactions: nabob

North

Jun 25, 2009
Just when I think the Oilers couldn’t have botched this situation any worse, sending a 20 year old kid out hurt to play 4th line minutes. Jeez.

Sounds to me like it wasn’t something that could get worse with him playing, considering it’s not an actual injury.

space321

May 11, 2011
No point in really speculating what kind of "body structure" problem it is until we see what the next step is for both Jesse and the Oilers. At this point nobody will probably even trade for him so next year it's either Europe or trying to crack this roster again.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
Maybe this turns his career around. I mean I highly doubt it but wouldn’t that be fantastic.
Even if he winds up with another team, I'd love to see that. I think this kid was robbed of a proper, steady development. I still think he's going to break out in a big way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad