Player Discussion Jesse Puljujärvi pt 6

Status
Not open for further replies.

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Whatever his injury is lets hope he rehabs it and can rehab his game. Right now I think he signs a 1 year deal to play in Finland perhaps with Jokerit in the KHL and the Oilers retain his rights. He improves and we can give him a run in 2020-2021. Or he flashes out and we trade his rights for a 3rd round pick. Either way the Oilers are guilty of massive fail in asset management and PJ is guilty of thinking he is remotely an NHL player.

rickysusedsht

Feb 25, 2015
Home of your Prince Albert Raiders
Whatever his injury is lets hope he rehabs it and can rehab his game. Right now I think he signs a 1 year deal to play in Finland perhaps with Jokerit in the KHL and the Oilers retain his rights. He improves and we can give him a run in 2020-2021. Or he flashes out and we trade his rights for a 3rd round pick. Either way the Oilers are guilty of massive fail in asset management and PJ is guilty of thinking he is remotely an NHL player.
Will be interesting to see how K.G handles this. Hopefully they can settle the issues, fix up j.p physically and mentally and see if we can turn this around and get a useful winger out of him.

Reactions: 5 Mins 4 Ftg

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton
Will be interesting to see how K.G handles this. Hopefully they can settle the issues, fix up j.p physically and mentally and see if we can turn this around and get a useful winger out of him.

I think it will be more on the incoming GM to fix as PJ is shut down for the remainder of the year now and by then we should have our new hire. Mind you it could still be KG. Either way you are absolutely correct, this will be interesting to see how it plays out.

Reactions: rickysusedsht

frag2

Mar 8, 2006
So just reading twitter and people trying to piece the timeline together and I'm sort of getting this picture

• both oil and jp's side knew he had an injury but it wasn't severe enough to impact play and this was known 'for a while'
  • either oil figured it wasn't major or jp's side purposely delayed proper diagnosis til now
  • getting second opinion AFTER trade deadline is kind of fishy
  • jp is no longer waiver exempt
i dunno if the waiver exempt part affects movement this season after the deadline or starts next season but if jp's agent purposely designed it so that next year, its NHL or bust [be it trade, waiver loss or actually on the oilers], that's a slimy move. whoever the GM is should pull an yzerman-drouin on this

agent082

Feb 11, 2012

He won't play in Finland until 2020 because of taxes. Maybe Switzerland.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
3. Here is an update on the Jesse Puljujarvi situation. Here is what I do know. He did skate last week. He can skate without pain, but if he has to engage in a battle he feels discomfort in his lower body. I can’t confirm where the discomfort is, and speculating what an injury usually leads to an error, but I’m guessing it is a groin or hip problem based on what I’ve heard. Based on conversations I’ve had I sense they are getting a second opinion because they (Puljujarvi’s camp and the Oilers) want to figure out exactly what is the problem. Players often play with a nagging injury, but eventually they want to see progress or at least know exactly what the injury is.

GDB Game Notes: Oilers @ Predators

Little Fury

Jun 21, 2006
You guys are dicks. Pulju could have a major illness like Cancer. Most of the time guys dont go get 2nd opinions for small surgeries like a knee surgery. They go for 2nd opinions when theyve been diagnosed with a severe chronic illness.

Oh hey Dr. "Klefbom has osteoarthritis" is in the house again!

3IR

Feb 12, 2019

Wonder what kind of contract he gets this summer.

I'm gonna guess it'll be a contract from another team.

I like JP and want him to succeed, but I think it's best if both sides move on at this point.

We aren't getting anything for him, and clearly any capable of developing him the way he needs.

48g90a138pts

Jun 30, 2016
Well how long has his hip been bothering him?

Good luck Jesse, get well soon :puppy:

:]

giphy.gif

FlyingPhi

Jan 9, 2008
Playa Hermosa
I am wondering how much the hip problems may have affected his play... Proper hip movement factors into everything on the ice: even being in the wrong position can be a product of not being able to change direction optimally earlier in the shift.

He's obviously a talented player with some real potential. If he rehabs well, and the relationship can be saved, then, I believe, a bridge-contract with a reasonable AAV could end up being a good value deal with little risk.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
It sounds like he should make a full recovery and be skating by the end of the summer.

Puljujarvi Out for the Season

Not exactly a good sign either. Who knows when he'll be fully ready and it's essentially going to take away any ability to work on his game this summer.

I guess he can watch a lot of film and learn english as well

tellermine

Oct 21, 2018
Köln, Helsinki, Lappeenranta
I am wondering how much the hip problems may have affected his play... Proper hip movement factors into everything on the ice: even being in the wrong position can be a product of not being able to change direction optimally earlier in the shift.

He's obviously a talented player with some real potential. If he rehabs well, and the relationship can be saved, then, I believe, a bridge-contract with a reasonable AAV could end up being a good value deal with little risk.
Where do you see that potential?

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
Sorry for the rapid fire.
But I think if they quit on him it would be a mistake. This could have been holding him back quite a bit. I would let new coach and new GM have discussions with him and a plan for return and role on this team. His trade value is zero so if you have to put him on waivers if it doesn't work out then so be it. Trading him for a 3rd or another 4th liner doesn't help us anyway

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Sorry for the rapid fire.
But I think if they quit on him it would be a mistake. This could have been holding him back quite a bit. I would let new coach and new GM have discussions with him and a plan for return and role on this team. His trade value is zero so if you have to put him on waivers if it doesn't work out then so be it. Trading him for a 3rd or another 4th liner doesn't help us anyway
I agree. Unless there is another deal like the Strome or Domi one there really is no reason to move him.

Reactions: RattsSSV

RattsSSV

Слава Україні - F*** Putin
May 4, 2006
Man that sucks, hoped he could go down and be in an uplifting environment. Hope he heals well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->