Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mario le Magnifique

Habs apologist, closet Pens fan
Dec 6, 2007
My basement
Reminder that this kid is the future superstar of this franchise and that hell get to play behind the magnificent Dunno because of Julien.

Cant wait to be right about this again and watch the Bergevinites and Julieners flipflop back and forth in desperation to try and justify it.

Danault, 53 points, +17. Legitimately our best 2-way center. Let that one sink in.

Yes, that might indicate that the quality of our other centers is lacking. Would you really blame Julien to use Danault when the game is on the line ? I personally blame Bergevin, Julien just uses the players in order to win games.

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
I knew KK was still in town, but I didn't know Ikonen was in town as well....Sorry, picture is on Facebook

On another note, Kotkaniemi has some pretty big legs. Good to see.

Is KK fingering us with that childish grin on his face?!?!?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Danault, 53 points, +17. Legitimately our best 2-way center. Let that one sink in.

Yes, that might indicate that the quality of our other centers is lacking. Would you really blame Julien to use Danault when the game is on the line ? I personally blame Bergevin, Julien just uses the players in order to win games.
Yeah its all on Bergevin for sure. He shouldve made it clear that the goal was to develop Kotkaniemi into a superstar, not a 3rd line grinder.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Yeah its all on Bergevin for sure. He shouldve made it clear that the goal was to develop Kotkaniemi into a superstar, not a 3rd line grinder.

He could have developed in Finland playing 1st center. I didn't have any more hindsight than Bergevin when he rushed all those players; so it's easy to look back at anyone's mistakes. But, if you juge him for his body of work... not for his body of course, I'll leave that to Molson and his steamy dreams.

Walrus26

Wearing a Habs Toque in England.
May 24, 2018
Peterborough, UK
I agree, but obviously that won't happen. The last really good and very tall center I remember is Mats Sundin at 6 foot 5.

What was the quote about Lindros? "Large and In Charge" from ancient memory. A filled-out Kotka (obviously not going to be Lindros sized but still) with his proven smarts and lack of physical fear would be the archetypal Beast at centre.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
Reminder that this kid is the future superstar of this franchise and that hell get to play behind the magnificent Dunno because of Julien.

Cant wait to be right about this again and watch the Bergevinites and Julieners flipflop back and forth in desperation to try and justify it.
Ok but if you're wrong, you change your username to "Eternal Jabroni". Deal?

FormerLurker

Sponsor
Mar 11, 2003
Mississauga

What do you consider the criteria to be proven right? Is it playing behind Danault for a game? 10 more games? 40 more? A full season? Two more seasons?

Also, why can't you wait to be proven right? Let's assume that your above criteria is a very reasonable and conservative number, say two seasons. Why would you rather be right than wrong?

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
What do you consider the criteria to be proven right? Is it playing behind Danault for a game? 10 more games? 40 more? A full season? Two more seasons?

Also, why can't you wait to be proven right? Let's assume that your above criteria is a very reasonable and conservative number, say two seasons. Why would you rather be right than wrong?
I wouldn't want to be right, I just know I'll be. I'm honest with myself and I can look at thing without being unbiased, theres no reasons Danault should ever be moved from his spot because he's not going to get magically worse, he's going to give the same perfomance for 2-3-4 years still, and the same narrative will come back: "Danault is our best 2-way center! Do you want Jesperi to face the toughest matchups ?"... Etc. Ive seen it before, and history repeats itself, you can see the same thing in the world with the rise of the right.

Reactions: Runner77

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I wouldn't want to be right, I just know I'll be. I'm honest with myself and I can look at thing without being unbiased, theres no reasons Danault should ever be moved from his spot because he's not going to get magically worse, he's going to give the same perfomance for 2-3-4 years still, and the same narrative will come back: "Danault is our best 2-way center! Do you want Jesperi to face the toughest matchups ?"... Etc. Ive seen it before, and history repeats itself, you can see the same thing in the world with the rise of the right.

I don't know I think a culture just reaches a fever pitch or some kind of crisis point and it doesn't matter who takes power. I'm not an expert on the Weimar Republic but people see the parallels between the States (or North America) now and Germany before the rise of Nazism. I feel like Germany would've still been a nightmare if the Communists got in power. As bad? Probably not. Again I'm no expert. You can see parallels now on the left with Maoist China. I think both sides are garbage.

Just because Galchenyuk happened doesn't mean KK will be sabotaged. One incident involving a player who had another chance to be the big C with his new team and was decided he wasn't a C YET AGAIN, doesn't mean KK being shifted to the wing his last few games of his first season where he was fatigued and was hurt is 'history repeating itself'. Galchenyuk was 24 not 29 when he got his chance again at C. If he was such a natural C it would've presented itself by now.

Reactions: Minato is God

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
Source The Athletic:

Kotkaniemi wasn’t at liberty to say much else about the injury other than assuring it was not a big deal, it in no way affected his play during the season and will have no lingering effects. Also, this is not the same knee he seriously injured three years ago, costing him about six months of action.

Also: first time in his lifetime where he'll go 21 weeks without playing any hockey which bodes well for training.

Last edited:

HOPE

Goal Caufield!
Jun 30, 2011
Montreal
Kids a stick. He needs to eat a trenbolone sandwich or two

i mean you're first word was right, he's a kid! his size isn't realy that bad tbh, another slow 15lbs of solid muscle and strenghtenen training and he's ready to good. let's not act like hockey players in general are big, people keep talking about how poehling is a big kid... i think he's just stronger and the fact that kotkaniemi grow up pretty fast. i honestely think Poehling has smaller arms than KK.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad