Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I had him at fourth overall, so yeah, pretty much BPA.

Good for you, but i said consensus. He was not the clear BPA.

Sometimes it’s better to reach a bit than picking the consensus BPA on all list.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Jesus lord can you stop because thats the dumbest thing ive heard in my life.

Dorofeyev is literally going to be a first line winger that every team will be like WHAT THE ****

Just like « Habs board scouts » told me last year that Brady Tkachuk was a bust, no skill, only 8 NCAA goals, McCarron 2.0, should be draft out of top 10, bla bla bla. And that Whalstrom gonna be a stud, futur 50 goals scorers, etc.

I’ve learned to be very cautious with « Habs board scout » when it comes to their prospect pets, etc.

Reactions: DramaticGloveSave

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Good for you, but i said consensus. He was not the clear BPA.

Sometimes it’s better to reach a bit than picking the consensus BPA on all list.
Not this shit again, man...

45499214.jpg

Timmins drafted him 3OA, that means he was their consensus pick at 3oa 1/31
Chayka said Timmins was going to draft the best C in the draft, they drafted Hayton, consensus 3OA 2/31
Tim Burke, SJ sharks head scout said Kotkaniemi was their 3OA, consensus 3/31

Then he's been ranked fifth on Mackenzies list.

Read this:
On Tkachuk
But Tkachuk appears to have that certain something and only one of our 10 scouts surveyed had him outside the top five.

On Zadina
For example, while Zadina is still very much a consensus top-five pick, relative to the other prospects, five of 10 scouts surveyed by TSN ranked him outside their top five. Five scouts had him in the top five, including three of them at No. 3, but he had three 6’s, a 7 and a 9 as well.

Looking at this, the only thing we can say is that, these three were consensus TOP 5 picks, none of them separated themselves from the other, as it was before the draft.

To note, there's also Alain Chainey who had Kotkaniemi at 3OA

And world-famous HF boards scout, MrB1P had him at 4. (Thats pretty much the whole consensus.)

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Just like « Habs board scouts » told me last year that Brady Tkachuk was a bust, no skill, only 8 NCAA goals, McCarron 2.0, should be draft out of top 10, bla bla bla. And that Whalstrom gonna be a stud, futur 50 goals scorers, etc.

I’ve learned to be very cautious with « Habs board scout » when it comes to their prospect pets, etc.

You can't find a single post saying that he was a bust, no skill, McCarron 2.0.

Reactions: covfefe

NotProkofievian

Nov 29, 2011
Pretty sure i can find a ton, man. Seriously. Don’t act like it never happened lol.

Do it, then. Find one single post that said he has ''no skill,'' ''McCarron 2.0,'' or ''bust.'' Not one that says ''Busty Tkasuck.'' Find one single post that seriously advances those positions and I'll concede the point.

Reactions: covfefe

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world

If it helps, I had Tkachuk in the top 10 and Wahlstrom outside the top 10 last year.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
You can't find a single post saying that he was a bust, no skill, McCarron 2.0.

I might have trolled and called him Busty Tkachuk or Brady Tkasuck, but even in all of the trolling.. I knew he'd be an elite complimentary player who's likely gonna bring what.. he did this year.. (maybe not as many goals). The question will be is this it (which is what I think is true) or does he have another level?

This version of Brady is a good player but we all know that we needed talent down the middle and we needed more than Tkachuk. In two years time, if we keep drafting high, I'll likely be hungering for a guy like that, just not last year and I think we made the right choice on KK.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I'm very happy with Kotkaniemi, but it'll certainly be interesting to see how he and Tkachuk compare going forward. You can't deny that Tkachuk would be a beautiful fit on our roster, next to Domi perhaps, and I think he continues to grow in a similar trajectory as his brother. While we didn't know what we had in Domi yet, this is why drafting for need is dumb- needs change. Brady is going to be excellent- I think the thing that holds him back most, is playing on that dumpster fire Sens team...

I didn't want to draft Kotkaniemi for need, but if we drafted him because we projected him to be the best player down the line, I can accept that thought process. He does have a ridiculous amount of untapped potential in him, it was pretty amazing he held his own in the NHL this year despite being as weak as a newborn baby deer. If he can develop his body and grow into a strong 210lbs type of beast? He's going to be a monster. But that's what makes him so frightening yet so intriguing , he just has so much projection with him left. Brady on the other hand was a plug and play stud.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014
Pretty sure i can find a ton, man. Seriously. Don’t act like it never happened lol.

Do it, then. Find one single post that said he has ''no skill,'' ''McCarron 2.0,'' or ''bust.'' Not one that says ''Busty Tkasuck.'' Find one single post that seriously advances those positions and I'll concede the point.

I'd really like to see this, too.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
Danault looked like a ''top 6 by default'' center this year and Domi looked like the kinda guy you'd like to have as a 2C on a championship team. If Kotkaniemi doesn't become what I think he can we're right back in Plekanec/Gomez town. Hopefully you can agree, after seeing that experiment play out, it doesn't really matter how good your wings are if that's the case, and certainly not if you're banking on Tkachuk to take you to the promised land. At least with Kotkaniemi, we have a chance that our longest running joke will at last lose its humour around the league.

But it's still not solved. I won't believe it until the first ''what to do with Danault?'' threads start popping up.
Keep in mind how dreadful our PP was. 5on5, Domi and Danault played like top 6Cs this year, and Domi played as a #1C. Maybe not a top 10 type of center, but a #1 center none the less. Plus we have Poehling, Suzuki, and Evans coming up who are all trending as centers. Suzuki I thought would end up on the wing due to his skillset, but he seems to just thrive in the middle of the ice, while on the wing he gets exposed for his unwillingness to grind.

If Kotkaniemi ends up as that legit top 10 type of #1 center, he will be a god here. But if he's more like a bottom tier #1C like Domi, then I'm not sure he will be more helpful to this org than Tkachuk would.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This is where we know if theyre serious or not about developping him. No excuses anymore. The season is over, play him on the first line with good wingers, full PP-time, 18 minutes of time.

Hope Of Glory

May 24, 2009
North Shore

Thats just not true.

Everyone had him top 10, just not top 5 like people who watched 0 games (of his or any other prospect) wanted.

Did some underestimate him? Yes. But nobody called him a bust or MM.

Naslund

Jun 18, 2006
USA
Seeing Poehling playing now emphasizes how Kotkaniemi is far from being physically ready for the NHL. I would not be surprise Kotkaniemi see some time in the AHL next year.

Goldenhands

Slaf_The_Great
Sponsor
Aug 21, 2016
This is where we know if theyre serious or not about developping him. No excuses anymore. The season is over, play him on the first line with good wingers, full PP-time, 18 minutes of time.
Yep give this kid the toughest matchups and all the candys needed when he struggles to face third and fourth line matchups, what a smart way to develop kids... He is physically outmatched every shifts lately, no need to ruin his confidence and make him look like a fool against the best centers in the league, he will play top line duties when he is physically ready.

Hins77

Apr 2, 2013
I was a little bit affraid about the end of the year of KK. Bit if you are looking a guy like pastrnak. 1st season : 27 pts. 2nd season : 26 pts. At the same age than KK. Now we know what pastrnak is doing... i think that to be patient. 2 years at this age is very important for his maturity. Probably that KK’s mother will be her roomate again next year

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad