Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guns n Roses

Feb 26, 2019
Jasperi Kotkaniemi

- Future Selke Candidate/Winner
- Future 1st line Center (unless Poehling commands that spot)
- Future alternate Captain (Poehling will be Captain)

From what I saw from him, I’m 100% confident of at least these 3 things.

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Everything is his fault if you say so

We wonder why he defers to Timmins at all eh?

Do you understand chain of command? A general can’t fob his duties off on a major.

To whom does Timmins report?

Who is ultimately in charge of the draft?

“If is say so” is unnecessary and personal. Sorry if any criticism of the man in charge triggers your emotions. What I say is actually irrelevant. It’s just a fact that even you will have to strain to deny.

Who specifically is “we”?

He can defer to Timmins, but he remains responsible. Do you actually disagree?

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Do you understand chain of command? A general can’t fob his duties off on a major.

To whom does Timmins report?

Who is ultimately in charge of the draft?

“If is say so” is unnecessary and personal. Sorry if any criticism of the man in charge triggers your emotions. What I say is actually irrelevant. It’s just a fact that even you will have to strain to deny.

Who specifically is “we”?

He can defer to Timmins, but he remains responsible. Do you actually disagree?

I just don’t particularly care

Reactions: TooLegitToQuit

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
I just don’t particularly care

Then stop snarky at me and stop whining about facts that are self-evident.

Explain in detail why you responded I’d you don’t care? Just a knee jerk thoughtless response to defend Bergevin? Blaming his subordinates is really rich.

Funny how when confronted with facts that are contrary to your emotional position you just turtle.

I respect roe admission that you are unable to engage in an actual discussion where you would have to concede something about MB having a shred of responsibility.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
And that is his fault. He was in charge.

That's a rough statement. It is his fault sure but he was gm for roughly 30 days at that point. You wanna get to know your staff, you're new at the job, you have the top dog of scouting that's been there for over a decade who's saying one thing. Who are you as a rookie of a month to go against his word and get the whole organization against you right off the bat?

It's a lose lose situation.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
There is no reason to believe that the Habs would have effectively developed Rielly.

Based on what? Cause we couldn't develop McCarron, Beaulieu, Tinordi, Hudon, DLR, Scherbak? Development is mostly on the player and Rielly would of been fine if we drafted him. This lack of development problem we have is overblown IMO.

Sometimes it's just a bad pick or we have too much hope for grade B prospects. If our grade A youth like Kotkaniemi, Mete, Juulsen, Poehling, Brook, Suzuki all disappoint like the players above, I'll join your bandwagon

Last edited:

admiralcadillac

Oct 22, 2017
Then stop snarky at me and stop whining about facts that are self-evident.

Explain in detail why you responded I’d you don’t care? Just a knee jerk thoughtless response to defend Bergevin? Blaming his subordinates is really rich.

Funny how when confronted with facts that are contrary to your emotional position you just turtle.

I respect roe admission that you are unable to engage in an actual discussion where you would have to concede something about MB having a shred of responsibility.

Okay.

There isn’t a point to posting if it just involves personal takes on how to blame specific people. I’m not absolving Bergevin just because I stated a fact: that he deferred to Timmins for the Galchenyuk pick although he wanted Rielly. This isn’t a discussion about Bergevin being absolved of anything.

Reactions: 417

Tighthead

Nov 9, 2016
Okay.

There isn’t a point to posting if it just involves personal takes on how to blame specific people. I’m not absolving Bergevin just because I stated a fact: that he deferred to Timmins for the Galchenyuk pick although he wanted Rielly. This isn’t a discussion about Bergevin being absolved of anything.

So if you acknowledge he was ultimately responsible, what relevance is it that he deferred to Timmins?

If you aren’t absolving him, what is your specific point?

He wanted Reilly. He didn’t get Reilly. Your words. He had complete control. The nuts and bolts of the process aren’t really relevant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->