Injury Report: Jesperi Kotkaniemi (Part IX)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
18 year olds growing into their 19 and 20 yr old bodies dont necesarily need "weights"... sometimes they just need to..turn 19 and 20.

I always go back to this "galchenyuk" being a total "gym rat" and everytime you see him hes ripped and everything...and it lead to absolutely nothing, he still couldnt skate well enough for the next level
and all those beach body muscles didnt make him more physical at all.
KK needs to get stronger. Right now the dude gets blown over by a breeze.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Even dumber is the belief that KK never once said anything about a leg injury until late April then all of a sudden needs a minor surgery.

They obviously knew about it and managed it. It’s nothing that worried them too much but didn’t want to put excessive strain.
it obviously does not bother them,

in a LOSING season, they waited for the season to end for Byron to get surgery, yet the geniuses knew about it months before...

in a losing season, they waited till the end of the season for Weber to get surgery, even though the injury was known MONTHS before...

so yeah, the dumbasses playing an injured player in a game that has no meaning whatsoever in the standing is all OK, playing with their assets health is fine! :thumbu:

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
In a nutshell sure, but he's not in a nutshell, he's in the NHL. Everybody is trying to get stronger, and not naturally.
That’s fine....he’ll have to battle through that in the first few years till he matures in his adult body.....naturally (no pun intended) the players around him will be stronger on account of his age......

Look at Svechnikov vs Ovechkin.....it don’t matter what that kid does over the summer.....he’ll never stand a chance, naturally or not, Ovechkin got that mature strength

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
That’s fine....he’ll have to battle through that in the first few years till he matures in his adult body.....naturally (no pun intended) the players around him will be stronger on account of his age......

Look at Svechnikov vs Ovechkin.....it don’t matter what that kid does over the summer.....he’ll never stand a chance, naturally or not, Ovechkin got that mature strength
He will need to put in the work, but he doesnt seem like someone who'll be lazy. He strikes me as a Crosby type...hockey nerd innocent boy guy.

That said...no idea why they didnt pull him out earlier. This season was a wash...

Reactions: Andrei79

jaffy27

From Russia wth Pain
Nov 18, 2007
Orleans
He will need to put in the work, but he doesnt seem like someone who'll be lazy. He strikes me as a Crosby type...hockey nerd innocent boy guy.

That said...no idea why they didnt pull him out earlier. This season was a wash...
Interesting way of putting it lol

Same upbringing as Gallagher it would seem (in a matter of hockey), dad is involved and I’m sure it’s been driven in his head since day one to train, eat well, team guy persona......

As for holding back on him, I’m sure the run we had to make the playoffs had something to do with it.......and at one point, what’s an extra 5 games, might as well play it out....could probably explain his lack of TOI too

At any rate, I’m expecting big things from him next year, gotta see that progression.

Tips the scale at 195 is my guess

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Yes, and Kotkaniemi should have been dominant at the rookie tourney, but he wasnt. Somehow, he made it through the year ok before needing a cleanup in his knee.

This dip should be raising other questions, as it's not what you'd expect. He's young, was injured and played hard minutes in a hard league. Other factors could be at work.

Kotkaniemi showed a good hockey IQ...
plus I enjoyed his passing and vision
on the ice...he also had an excellent
compete level....his skating...was above average...

phillytennis

Mar 4, 2012
Yes, and Kotkaniemi should have been dominant at the rookie tourney, but he wasnt. Somehow, he made it through the year ok before needing a cleanup in his knee.

This dip should be raising other questions, as it's not what you'd expect. He's young, was injured and played hard minutes in a hard league. Other factors could be at work.

Everybody was claiming Kotkaniemi was slowing down towards the end of
the season because of fatigue.... I suspect, the Habs management wanted
to hide his knee issues....easier to claim
he was tired competing against men.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Interesting way of putting it lol

Same upbringing as Gallagher it would seem (in a matter of hockey), dad is involved and I’m sure it’s been driven in his head since day one to train, eat well, team guy persona......

As for holding back on him, I’m sure the run we had to make the playoffs had something to do with it.......and at one point, what’s an extra 5 games, might as well play it out....could probably explain his lack of TOI too

At any rate, I’m expecting big things from him next year, gotta see that progression.

Tips the scale at 195 is my guess
He want playing particularly well later down the road, was even a scratch.

I don't care about his weight, I just want him to get stronger.

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
Could be something simple like cleaning it up a bit I had some cartilage trimmed up about 10 years ago and I was good after a couple weeks
Me too. I had shit floating around in my knee apparently. Is this the same knee he blew out?

EXTRAS

Jul 31, 2012
You guys think he will ever play the penalty kill like guys like Barkov or larkin?

How is he defensively?

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
You guys think he will ever play the penalty kill like guys like Barkov or larkin?

How is he defensively?

Probably in the future he will once he improves on his speed and faceoffs. For an 18 year old his defensive game was solid, still lots of room for growth defensively though which will happen once he gains strength and improves his skating.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
Firstly, he went to an Impact's game. Where used a Philadelphia 76'ers cap there. It's a coincidence? Or he really dislike Toronto?

Secondly, he's in the Brossard's training facility atm.

So he's staying in Montreal for this 2019's summer? Staying there in my opinion is mine #1 best option. He'll be nearby alongside our training staff and our medical staff. It'll be agreeable to see him here tho.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
Reminder that this kid is the future superstar of this franchise and that hell get to play behind the magnificent Dunno because of Julien.

Cant wait to be right about this again and watch the Bergevinites and Julieners flipflop back and forth in desperation to try and justify it.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Reminder that this kid is the future superstar of this franchise and that hell get to play behind the magnificent Dunno because of Julien.

Cant wait to be right about this again and watch the Bergevinites and Julieners flipflop back and forth in desperation to try and justify it.

He definitely is the FUTURE superstar of this franchise. Right now, he's a good, very young hockey player. I'd play him behind Domi for sure, and probably behind Danault too, until he can prove he's a step above them. That will happen, but hasn't happened yet. I expect a similar progression to Joe Thornton's (probably less upside, obviously).

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
“It was a big thing for me... I'd never lived alone before. It was my first time out of my hometown of Pori So it was good to have her here. It felt like she took care of everything. It was a big sacrifice for her.”

“My favorite is the game day pasta with Bolognese sauce. I always eat at home. I would even eat that on my day off, too. It's pretty damn good... Sometimes, I would text her when we were driving home from the airport and I was starving after a road trip. She would make sandwiches at like three o'clock in the morning. Getting those warm sandwiches was great.”

“When you're a young guy and you're facing new things every day, you can go home and talk about everything like hockey. Or whatever you're thinking with her. Feeling safe all the time when you go home. You know someone is there waiting for you. So it's a pretty good combo.”

“When she's watching, I think she's pretty much living the game. She's following everything. She doesn't just watch me, she likes to watch the whole picture. I think it was super good for me and her, just having my dream and probably hers, too. It was fun that I had the chance to experience that with her. I think she's my biggest fan, so it was good for both of us.”

“I think that was funny... When I scored my first goal, she was in Finland. She just went back. My dad even watched all the games before that. But that was the first game he didn't watch. My dad said that my mom just started to yell: He did it, he did it... It was the middle of the night back home.”

“I think I'm more like her and my brother is more like my dad. We're kind of like the same person. We're doing everything like the same style. We're doing the same things. We're pretty sharp. We like to be very careful and precise. We like to do everything tip-top. And I think we both smile a lot.”

“Living in the Old Port... We take walks in some nice areas. We like to walk around and grab coffee. Montreal was a big change for her. The city is a little bigger than where we're from in Finland. It brought so many new things and different culture. But, she loves it because there's always something new to experience every time.”

“A little gift, a nice dinner. We're leaving next week. So it'll probably be our last dinner in Montreal for a while...”

Reactions: Redux91

FrankMTL

Jan 6, 2005
I knew KK was still in town, but I didn't know Ikonen was in town as well....Sorry, picture is on Facebook

On another note, Kotkaniemi has some pretty big legs. Good to see.

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
My brother grew 5 inches during his first year of CEGEP, he tells he could feel the string in his legs at night. Can you imagine if KK comes to camp heighting 6'7!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad