Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
This thread is going in circles it's almost not worth continuing this discussion.

That said... anyone who still doubts KK's upside right now after watching these playoffs is kidding themselves. KK is making huge strides, kid is a big-time gamer.

But ZERO assists in 20 games????

Also ZERO GOALS in 10 games in the AHL???

I will sporadically use this to prove his offensive upside is inexistant.

azcanuck

Jan 14, 2014
chandler az
Valid point, but ...
- it looks like his line has been asked to keep things simple. Pucks deep, pressure on D. Safe plays only.
- he does need to improve his passing... quicker execution, more accuracy. That will come. (What you quoted was about getting the puck to the right area, but not necessarily the wheelhouse).
It makes sense having two speedy wingers to dump it in. But that why Duchame has KK centering Anderson/Byron. He doesnt want him carrying it in. Ducharme has said outright he plays to the players strengths and weaknesses.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
I want him traded so I can sleep at night :laugh: my head cant take it

It's sad how much this thread actually has me shook.

Just imagine having 3 really dynamic young players under the age of 22. And the one who is arguably not playing the best of the 3, yet still has easily the most room to improve, is also the kid who is closing in on Gretzky and Crosby in playoff goal scoring U21.

Lets just enjoy things for a change.

covfefe

Zoltan Poszar's Burner
Feb 5, 2014

Just imagine having 3 really dynamic young players under the age of 22. And the one who is arguably not playing the best of the 3, yet still has easily the most room to improve, is also the kid who is closing in on Gretzky and Crosby in playoff goal scoring U21.

Something something...Brady Tkachuk’s golf game is so good though!1!

DAChampion

May 28, 2011

A lot of posters are really invested into hating Timmins, so we end up with the most inane posts praising Quinn Hughes, Brady Tkachuk, arguing that development and ice time are irrelevant, and micro-analyzing Kotkaniemi's stats to find problems.

salbutera

Sep 10, 2019
Should read Arpon Basu’s article on what Dom Dom specifically told that trio he expects of them. Physicality & thumping as primary objective ...if they provide offense that’s a bonus..

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
Should read Arpon Basu’s article on what Dom Dom specifically told that trio he expects of them. Physicality & thumping as primary objective ...if they provide offense that’s a bonus..

I read you excerpt from that article and anyone who is watching the games knows that’s exactly the way they are playing.

Reactions: salbutera

Kennerback

Juraj NoShootsky
Jun 2, 2021
But ZERO assists in 20 games????

Also ZERO GOALS in 10 games in the AHL???

I will sporadically use this to prove his offensive upside is inexistant.
I get 0 goals in 10 games. Even the best snipers will go on dry spells and he’s not a sniper. Zero assists in 20 games is harder to justify.

But you can see some offensive upside. No offense is the also 6’2 Fin C Nattinen that Habs drafted a few years back. The rest of KK’s game is fine, his offence could still turn the corner.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004

Kota, Koka, Kenny, Konami, Niemi needs to step it up.

are you kidding?

on that play, Kolesar (a physical winger that outweighs JKO by 20 pounds) took a poke at Price after he froze the puck... Kulak, who was right behind him, did nothing. JKO skated in from the circle and initiated contact getting right in his face... yeah, the guy headlocked him and he couldn't do much... but that kind of reaction is the definition of standing up for your goalie/teammate.

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Making it this far is great for him. It is exposing some of his weaknesses to work on in offseason.

one of those weaknesses from last nights game can be easily corrected for game 2. And that was his confidence. He looked a little timid out there. Coaching staff needs to show him video of being hesitant. Take the hits jesperi use that frame!

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
Jasper looked shell shocked and frightened last night.He played weak and timid.He was one of the most ineffectual forwards.He needs to play angry on Wednesday.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Jasper looked shell shocked and frightened last night.He played weak and timid.He was one of the most ineffectual forwards.He needs to play angry on Wednesday.
Did we have an effective forward last night? I mean Caufield had a couple of chances but that’s all I can think of.

Reactions: Habs178

1000eeer

Jan 28, 2020
Quebec city
KK debate comes down to his speed. It's all about his speed.

MB will be in a win now mode this offseason. KK will be dealt.. That's for sure.

Maybe for a guy like Monahan... Or a D like Sam Girard. Either way, he's getting dealt (BTW, I like KK a lot).

Ajhccwrs

Jun 17, 2017
KK debate comes down to his speed. It's all about his speed.

MB will be in a win now mode this offseason. KK will be dealt.. That's for sure.

Maybe for a guy like Monahan... Or a D like Sam Girard. Either way, he's getting dealt (BTW, I like KK a lot).

like I said months ago this will turn into another John LeClair situation. I for one would not move KK at all.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Did we have an effective forward last night? I mean Caufield had a couple of chances but that’s all I can think of.

Gallagher had a great chance alone in front about 5 minutes in, from a great feed from behind the net by Phil.

Suzuki was trying to create all night, often off of puck battles he won. He also set up Caufield on a nice cross ice pass.

Anderson got in alone but couldn't bury it.

Vegas had a great defensive game. We'll have to win games 2-1, some in OT, by playing better defense sd ively if we want to get back into the series. And we should try to get more greasy goals by getting more point shots to the net.

Reactions: angusyoung
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad