Player Discussion Jesperi Kotkaniemi - Part 18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I wouldn’t call posters supporting KK despite him not having any assists “Obtuse”. The assists have 0 to do with the way we’re evaluating him, just watch him play and you’ll see there are so many plays that he could have gotten points. Like a poster said above, he’s only filling into his body and once he puts it all together, the points will come.
In my humble opinion, obtuse is changing your opinion on a player based on 2 assists over the play offs.
Well said. Some people talk like he created zero chances. It's just laughable.

He's a young player finding his way. He's been really good for us this postseason for the most part and whenever we lose, the same guys pounce on him. Just because his line hadn't cashed in doesn't mean that chances weren't generated.

Reactions: montreal and Doc5

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
One thing for sure, for him to take the next step in his developement, he needs to work big time on his shot/shot release.

When he tries to shoot, it’s either blocked not on net or a weak shot from bad angle.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
One thing for sure, for him to take the next step in his developement, he needs to work big time on his shot/shot release.

When he tries to shoot, it’s either blocked not on net or a weak shot from bad angle.
To be fair, he's dialed up five goals in the playoffs and is pacing for what would be 27 over 82. Not too bad.

Reactions: BLONG7

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
To be fair, he's dialed up five goals in the playoffs and is pacing for what would be 27 over 82. Not too bad.

I agree, but beside his deflected shot on Bogosian in OT against TO, it’s all deflection or hard work in front of the net. It’s very nice of him, but his shot release and shot selection has to improve a lot.

Reactions: MasterD

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site

Curious if you realize he has scored more goals in the playoffs, than anyone not named Gretzky under the age of 21?
Can you imagine, if he hires you to help him out with his weakness, where he would be.........

Reactions: Doc5

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Well said. Some people talk like he created zero chances. It's just laughable.

He's a young player finding his way. He's been really good for us this postseason for the most part and whenever we lose, the same guys pounce on him. Just because his line hadn't cashed in doesn't mean that chances weren't generated.
The best part of all, is he is only 20 and has not quit on the team, and gone into hiding when he has had a tough streak,
That's a character type of guy there, and at only 2o years old!!
The kid is money!! The playoffs are when the kid comes out to play!!!

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Curious if you realize he has scored more goals in the playoffs, than anyone not named Gretzky under the age of 21?
Can you imagine, if he hires you to help him out with his weakness, where he would be.........
(mod)

Curious if you realize that KK still has some things to work on to take the next step, even if he’s behind the great one as you said?

Last edited by a moderator:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I agree, but beside his deflected shot on Bogosian in OT against TO, it’s all deflection or hard work in front of the net. It’s very nice of him, but his shot release and shot selection has to improve a lot.
I agree he needs to work on his release. But the fact that he’s scoring now bodes well for him in that i think he’ll be a multidimensional scorer.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
I agree he needs to work on his release. But the fact that he’s scoring now bodes well for him in that i think he’ll be a multidimensional scorer.

Completely agree. Him being good around the net is very nice! He juts needs to work his shot arsenal and release to even be more of a force.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad