Player Discussion Jesper Fast: Part II

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Been one of my favorite since we drafted him. Quiet, under-the-radar, blue collar hockey. Love it. Can get under the skin of the other team, too.

He can move pretty well; makes me think of a more offensively-inclined version of Torrey Mitchell...and there's still upside.
Could you imagine if he put on 10-15 lbs?

wafflepadsave

May 28, 2011
Franklin, Tn
Glad he's playing well. we will need his contributions come playoff time. i like how he can adjust and fit into different lines. Great play at end of game to get open net goal. totally sacrificed for that one.
agreed but somebody should have nailed letang!

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
Solid game last night. Solid group of games from him in fact. He can play up in the lineup with the right guys, as we're seeing now. He's a valuable player in that way.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Since Rick Nash got injured, the Rangers have played 8 games. In those 8 games, our top-line has 24 points.

Derick Brassard: 3G, 6A, 9P
JT Miller: 7G, 1A, 8P
Jesper Fast: 1G, 6A, 7P

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Since Rick Nash got injured, the Rangers have played 8 games. In those 8 games, our top-line has 24 points.

And all those times some thought that when Nash and Brass played together Nash was the reason Brass put up good numbers hahahahaha.

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Brassard really is a guy who steps up when the light shines brightest on him.

Absolutely and if we had more guys like him who stepped up when it mattered most we could have been champs two seasons ago. Not gonna name names. Anyway it's nice to see guys like fast and miller who don't make a lot of money be big contributors to this team during an important time

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Brassard really is a guy who steps up when the light shines brightest on him.

I want to marry that guy. He is a beast! A straight up swap Brass for Gabby would have still worked out in our favor. A 60-point center, who also performs in the play offs, signed for 5m... That's great!

I seriously think he could have asked for more, but he seems happy with us.

Leetch66

Jan 8, 2007
PEI Canada

Makes a huge difference when you don't have somebody shooting them straight at an oncoming defender....plunko....hit them in the pads/pants every time...trickle off into the corner...goal scoring chance eliminated again....rinse and repeat . The Rick Nash book....;)

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
as much as he's not a top 6 forward, he has 3 fewer ES points than Kreider. 4 less than Hayes.

BBKers

Jan 9, 2006
Bialystok, Poland
as much as he's not a top 6 forward, he has 3 fewer ES points than Kreider. 4 less than Hayes.

He Also only has one less point overall than Hagelin this season - whom he basically replaced in the lineup for more than $3m less in cap hit for this year and next. Although not the player Hagelin was we could have done worse here. Both him, Lindberg and Stalberg have given bang for the buck when it comes to points and play per cap hit dollar. Heralded guys like Kreider and Hayes have far from done that. But they got that word I will not mention (begins conspicuously with the letters p-e-d...)

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011

This kid was forced into a bigger role without having the offensive ability to replace a guy like St. Louis and when he got the chance, he did better than most anticipated, honestly.

In games where he played >14min (Top9) he has 8G, 12A, 20P in 48 games (0.41 PPG)
In games where he played <14min (4th line) he has 2G, 3A, 5P in 18 games (0.27 PPG)

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
This kid was forced into a bigger role without having the offensive ability to replace a guy like St. Louis and when he got the chance, he did better than most anticipated, honestly.

In games where he played >14min (Top9) he has 8G, 12A, 20P in 48 games (0.41 PPG)
In games where he played <14min (4th line) he has 2G, 3A, 5P in 18 games (0.27 PPG)

Many of those points must be a result of the prowess and pressure the better linemates are able to obtain. The positivity is nice, but it's not that he did all that well; it's that the players he's being compared to in this thread (i.e. Kreider/Hayes) have underperformed.

I know you're not saying Fast has been great, but just want to iterate that he should not even get a whif of the Top 6.

Amazing Kreiderman

Apr 11, 2011
Jesper Fast (3) has more road goals against teams currently in playoff position than Brassard (1), Zuccarello (2), Stepan (2), or Hayes (2).

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm
He Also only has one less point overall than Hagelin this season - whom he basically replaced in the lineup for more than $3m less in cap hit for this year and next. Although not the player Hagelin was we could have done worse here. Both him, Lindberg and Stalberg have given bang for the buck when it comes to points and play per cap hit dollar. Heralded guys like Kreider and Hayes have far from done that. But they got that word I will not mention (begins conspicuously with the letters p-e-d...)

I wouldn't say replaced because we used to have both at the same time. So it's more like we kept him and tried to replace with Stalberg. But Hagelin just brought more than looking at pts would indicate ( I understand you were talking about others there I'm just saying it to point it out). Of all the moves I am not fond of since 2012 this one I understand the most though and am not too upset over.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad