Player Discussion Jesper Fast: Part II

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Bottom 6er for sure. Should not be in Top 6...unless AV is looking to set an example to the rest of the guys that he is looking for them to play more responsibly & consistently 2-ways. Lord knows we've been irresponsible in our own zone. Fundamentally, Fast has alot of great qualities. He's also consistent in what he brings. He just doesn't have much natural scoring ability.

Off Sides

Sep 8, 2008
The whole roster is pretty vanilla.

Other than Lundqvist when he is on and to a lesser extent some from Zucc, Brassard, Nash, McD, Yandle, Lindberg/McIlrath(because rookie) every player has had a pretty much totally forgettable season to date.

haveandare

Jul 2, 2009
New York
I have a hard time thinking of a smaller problem with this team right now than what line fast is on. They're scoring and can't maintain d zone coverage to save their lives.

Raspewtin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 30, 2013
Fast is really starting to piss me off through no fault of his own, because he's being forced into a role he doesn't belong in.

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
I get this vibe that by the time AV is done "Experimenting", it's going to be too late.

an off-year would do this team well--they could use the ultimate wakeup call of not making the playoffs.

Vinny DeAngelo

Jimmy Easy to defend
Mar 17, 2014
florida
I get this vibe that by the time AV is done "Experimenting", it's going to be too late.

an off-year would do this team well--they could use the ultimate wakeup call of not making the playoffs.
And we'd keep our 1st round pick.. which would be nice considering we haven't had one since 2012

TheTakedown

Puck is Life
Jul 11, 2012
And we'd keep our 1st round pick.. which would be nice considering we haven't had one since 2012

yep, I've been advocating for that too.

It would also give these guys with NMC clauses the understanding that we're taking the year to retool--that might put them in a mindset of opening up to trade partner opportunities

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
6 pt in his last 11 games (For Fast, that's Great)
Has not had a negative +/- since the Ducks game
Not so much this game, but has been throwing the body a bit more lately. Some hits have been pretty big, despite his size.

Plays like a guy who really wants to be in this league. Realizes his shortcomings and tries to make up for them in any way he can. I may get PO'd when he's on 2nd line, but really like having him on this team in a 3rd/4th line role.

Hell of a deflection tonight...getting dirty in front of the net. That's what Fast does more than most. Gets his hands dirty.

Last edited:

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
yeah Fast has improved for sure in the recent games and that`s promising indeed.

Ori

#Connor Bedard 2023 1st, Chicago Blackhawks
Nov 7, 2014
Norway
New Avatar. I almost didn't recognize you, lol. You need to get with the times and make a custom 90th Anniversary avatar. :P It would only require an "XC". :)

hehe, yeah, I felt I needed something new - even though the logo is old. :)

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Fast also had a big hand in the goal by Brassard, who has three goals, five assists in the last three games, and is one goal shy of his career high of 19 with 31 games left.

“If you look at the replay, Jesper doesn’t get any assist, but he’s the first guy on the puck in the corner,†Brassard said. “I love playing with this guy. He’s doing everything right on the ice and he’s a big part of our line right now.â€

Vigneault feels the same way about the “everything right†part.

“I have so much faith and confidence when he is on the ice,†the coach said. “I know that defensively he is going to be in the right position and I know that with the puck he is going to make the right play. We see this young player here growing and getting better every game.â€

http://www.lohud.com/story/sports/n...-new-no-1-line-miller-brassard-fast/79858080/

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
Ive enjoyed seeing him play and play well on the line with Brass and Miller. Didn't he do the same in the playoffs last year when given a chance to?
I understand for all those who say he's not a top 6 forward but until Nash gets back let the kid stay where he is. He has fit in quite nicely with that line.

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
Ive enjoyed seeing him play and play well on the line with Brass and Miller. Didn't he do the same in the playoffs last year when given a chance to?
I understand for all those who say he's not a top 6 forward but until Nash gets back let the kid stay where he is. He has fit in quite nicely with that line.

Yes he was one of their best forwards from the middle of the Washington series onwards.

I realize that he plays the PK out of necessity but they need to find a way to get him off of it. There are many things that he does pretty well, PK'ing isn't one of them.

Revel

Dark Sky Enthusiast
Oct 20, 2015
Dunning–Krugerville
Pretty awesome that Brassard loves playing with Fast, and that JT is finding success on the same line. Finding a spot for JT and Fast with Brass allows us to put some potency in to the second line. As long as Miller-Brass-Fast keeps it up, we can have a 2nd line of Nash-Steps-Zuuc....then maybe a third of Kreider-Hayes-Lindberg.

It opens potent possibilities...

RangerBoy

Dolan sucks!!!
Mar 3, 2002
New York
www.youtube.com
Quickie was a good player in the playoffs playing with Stepan and Kreider when Zuccarello was injured. Fast made some key plays in the Caps series. I expected him to take the next step this season but there is still time. He has some chemistry with Brassard and Miller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad