Jeremy Colliton thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CallMeShaft

Calder Bedard Fan
Apr 14, 2014
Nothing will happen if you talk shit about Bowman and if you think there is some sort of 'Pro Bowman' conspiracy, I'm going to imagine you wear a tinfoil hat when you leave your house.

To prove nothing happens, let me just say "I DO NOT GIVE ONE SHIT ABOUT BOWMAN AND IF WE DON'T MAKE THE PLAYOFFS THIS SEASON, I'LL BE MORE THAN HAPPY SEEING HIS ASS GET DUMPED BY THIS ORGANIZATION".

If this post gets deleted or my account gets banned in the next 24 hours, feel free to claim this forum is 'Pro Bowman'. Otherwise, shut the hell up about it.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
Those posters aren't 'pro Bowman', they are just the posters that try to act somewhat rationally.

upload_2019-12-10_21-36-28.gif

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
JC and Bowman need to go

There is no justification for keeping them

This is fine BUT you have to have the right coach ready to come in and develop while working with the vets. This is not optional.

I think uncleelroy is a dumb but I have weird feeling he is right about Chelios being GM. Not because he is the right guy (he could be) but because McCub will want the hype from hiring him.

I think SB did a good job this summer but this season will get him axed.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
This is fine BUT you have to have the right coach ready to come in and develop while working with the vets. This is not optional.

I think uncleelroy is a dumb but I have weird feeling he is right about Chelios being GM. Not because he is the right guy (he could be) but because McCub will want the hype from hiring him.

Chelios does have some FO experience from his time working as an advisor for Detroit. I really hope they can keep Kelley around if Stan goes. Barry Smith might be another big loss.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner

f***, you’re more than likely right about this

Fire Stan Bowman

May 28, 2019

thanks boo

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Like I've said in the GDT, I predicted JC fired before end of year. I stand by that prediction.

I also said Bowman fired after the end of the season if they don't make the playoffs (3 straight years). They won't and he will. I stand by that one as well.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Like I've said in the GDT, I predicted JC fired before end of year. I stand by that prediction.

I also said Bowman fired after the end of the season if they don't make the playoffs (3 straight years). They won't and he will. I stand by that one as well.

I think you’re right. I also think Bowman is fired sooner at this point

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
2017/18 33 shots against per game average

2019/20 35 shots against per game average

Context? o_O
JC – 97games
HDCA – 1062 (last)
PDO – 1.007 (9th)
HDSV% - 0.8544% (4th)

Q – last 97 games
HDCA – 958 (4th last)
PDO – 0.989 (8th last)
HDSV% - 0.8384% (8th)

So we have had more high danger chances against, a higher sv% and sh% combined, and a better high danger save % under JC than we had under Q.

Now, let’s throw out last season for JC, considering the change mid-season, no time to implement his system, etc.
JC this year
HDCA/GP – 10.22
PDO – 1.004
HDSV% - 0.852%

Q’s last 97GP
HDCA/GP = 9.87
PDO – 0.989 (8th last)
HDSV% - 0.8384% (8th)

What improvements in those stats do you see with JC at the helm?

This isn’t a post supporting Q, or saying we should have him back, or defending him. It’s simply showing that nothing has improved with a coaching change. Like I have said for a few years now, it’s the players that are the problem, not the coaching. People can go back and find quotes of me saying that, and getting shit on by posters claiming Q was the issue.

Reactions: Panzerspitze

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Colliton just needs 6-12 more months for everyone to understand his very complex system. NHL players just can't pick this stuff up on the fly.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
JC – 97games
HDCA – 1062 (last)
PDO – 1.007 (9th)
HDSV% - 0.8544% (4th)

Q – last 97 games
HDCA – 958 (4th last)
PDO – 0.989 (8th last)
HDSV% - 0.8384% (8th)

So we have had more high danger chances against, a higher sv% and sh% combined, and a better high danger save % under JC than we had under Q.

Now, let’s throw out last season for JC, considering the change mid-season, no time to implement his system, etc.
JC this year
HDCA/GP – 10.22
PDO – 1.004
HDSV% - 0.852%

Q’s last 97GP
HDCA/GP = 9.87
PDO – 0.989 (8th last)
HDSV% - 0.8384% (8th)

What improvements in those stats do you see with JC at the helm?

This isn’t a post supporting Q, or saying we should have him back, or defending him. It’s simply showing that nothing has improved with a coaching change. Like I have said for a few years now, it’s the players that are the problem, not the coaching. People can go back and find quotes of me saying that, and getting **** on by posters claiming Q was the issue.

Not to mention, the roster is much better this season (more talent).

Imagine if Crow and Lehner haven't been playing the way the have. As of now, Hawks have the 5th worst record in the NHL. Not sure if they'd be as bad as NJ with 23 points and the DET trainwreck with 17, but they'd definitely be below LA at 26 and OTT at 27.

That's really bad.

Hattrick Kane

Oct 8, 2018
I know the defensive core was never great, but good lord how can anyone put together a system where we give up 45 shots a night and leave guys wide open in the slot?

Imagine if we had fired Q and hired Trotz when he was available. One can dream. The Colliton experiment is a complete failure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad