Confirmed with Link: Jensen + 5th to WAS for Madison Bowey + 2020 2nd

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Washington been so good for so long. They should give us better return 2020 than this year

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
the descriptions of read about bowey remind me of Brendan smith. Great physical specimen, dumb as hell

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
the descriptions of read about bowey remind me of Brendan smith. Great physical specimen, dumb as hell

If Brendan Smith didnt make a bunch of money, he would still be a solid bottom pairing dman that might make mistakes but his athleticism also led to him making some nice ones as well. He provides some toughness on the back end too. If the wings got a second rounder plus a 1 million dollar Brendan Smith for Jensen thats a pretty good deal

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
If Brendan Smith didnt make a bunch of money, he would still be a solid bottom pairing dman that might make mistakes but his athleticism also led to him making some nice ones as well. He provides some toughness on the back end too. If the wings got a second rounder plus a 1 million dollar Brendan Smith for Jensen thats a pretty good deal

Wouldn't it be "wings got a second rounder plus a 1 million dollar poor mans Brendan Smith for Jensen thats a pretty good deal"? Smith is offensively gifted and had more of a physical edge. I think Smith is a better skater too. I don't know how DUMB (hockey IQ) Bowey has because honestly he looks like he severely lacks confidence in his Capital's games. Lacking confidence makes players IQ seem low. Be interesting to see how he looks if/when he gains confidence.

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
If you're referring to the press release video of Ken Holland talking, he's saying "difference of opinion" between he and Jensen [on value and term]. Not sure how you came to the conclusion you came up with.
I was joking.

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Wouldn't it be "wings got a second rounder plus a 1 million dollar poor mans Brendan Smith for Jensen thats a pretty good deal"? Smith is offensively gifted and had more of a physical edge. I think Smith is a better skater too. I don't know how DUMB (hockey IQ) Bowey has because honestly he looks like he severely lacks confidence in his Capital's games. Lacking confidence makes players IQ seem low. Be interesting to see how he looks if/when he gains confidence.

We'll see. Smith was just breaking into the NHL at Boweys age now. Boweys only really played one season of NHL hockey at about 14 mins a night, pretty hard to draw judgement. He might be a poor mans Brendan Smith right now but if he develops a bit in the next couple years I'm sure he can get to that level.

Hes a complete wild card so I'm not gonna judge until he plays some games. Not even this season but next season when he has a camp and everything with the team and actually plays some minutes. Way too early to call him anything yet really, hes definitely got potential to be better than Smith

19 for president

Apr 28, 2002
He's a solid gamble. Wings d is a lot less pressure for a young D then the defending champs. Maybe he can get his focus right with a bit more patience and less pressure. If not the Wings can dump him sometime next season.

Would like to see one of Daley or Ericsson follow Jensen before Monday.

Going with the below for next season wouldn't be bad. I'd even bring Kronner back as a 6/7.

Green-DD
Ericsson/ Daley-Hronek
Cholo-Bowey

If you can land a guy like Karlsson go for it. If you can solidify the D next year, I do think this team couls compete for a playoff spot and maybe even surprise a team.

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
He's a solid gamble. Wings d is a lot less pressure for a young D then the defending champs. Maybe he can get his focus right with a bit more patience and less pressure. If not the Wings can dump him sometime next season.

Would like to see one of Daley or Ericsson follow Jensen before Monday.

Going with the below for next season wouldn't be bad. I'd even bring Kronner back as a 6/7.

Green-DD
Ericsson/ Daley-Hronek
Cholo-Bowey

If you can land a guy like Karlsson go for it. If you can solidify the D next year, I do think this team couls compete for a playoff spot and maybe even surprise a team.

If Kronwall comes back he won't be a 6/7. He's our top defender this season and he's not going to fall off that much in 7 months. And players under him aren't going to be better than him in 7 months.

Yes. I would be happy if Kronwall decided to come back.

obey86

Jun 9, 2009
If Kronwall comes back he won't be a 6/7. He's our top defender this season and he's not going to fall off that much in 7 months. And players under him aren't going to be better than him in 7 months.

Yes. I would be happy if Kronwall decided to come back.

what

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
Snippin doobies.

I think we need a motivational speaker to set these guys 'on the right path'.

140207_2724258_Motivational_Speaker_anvver_5.jpg

Petes2424

Aug 4, 2005
Bowey has all the tools. He’ll be given the chance to play a role he wasn’t given on Washington. Sometimes that’s all it takes.

You’ll know what he is by this time next year. It’s the type of guy you don’t give up on but obviously the Caps hit that point.

On top of the 2nd rounder though, it can only be an extreme win for Detroit if he hits his potential. If he doesn’t work out, they still have the #2.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad