Confirmed with Link: Jensen + 5th to WAS for Madison Bowey + 2020 2nd

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
Little Bert is the 2nd best forward on the team! What else do you want out of him? Mantha yes can do better for sure. And sorry but Jensen was the best Dman on the team all year long. If you are wanting a core full of old school Kronwall it will never happen, the softest D we have is DK by a long shot, hell Cholo and Hronek are stronger than him all ready.

Whoooosh!

Reactions: MacGyver

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Little Bert is the 2nd best forward on the team! What else do you want out of him? Mantha yes can do better for sure. And sorry but Jensen was the best Dman on the team all year long. If you are wanting a core full of old school Kronwall it will never happen, the softest D we have is DK by a long shot, hell Cholo and Hronek are stronger than him all ready.

Bert is definitely developing well, but, one can always hope he still can be even better!

Goalie guy

Jul 8, 2011
Taylor MI
Bert is definitely developing well, but, one can always hope he still can be even better!
I got ripped to shreds on here for even saying he was going to be good. Yes we hope he can get even better. But for the shit that I was called and the shit that was said about him most here should be eating their hats. Just like you are finding out out if you call things or players out you know nothing. It just gets old.I said Z was not making the team, told I was wrong knew nothing, said Z would not rip up the A, again I knew nothing and he was going to be the best player because we got him at 6. Now not one time did I ever say he was bad or a bust just needed time to adj. that turned into me calling him a bust by a lot of people.

Reactions: 14ari13

Dotter

THE ATHLETIC IS GARBAGE
Jul 2, 2014
Imprisonment, TN
goo.gl
I got ripped to shreds on here for even saying he was going to be good. Yes we hope he can get even better. But for the **** that I was called and the **** that was said about him most here should be eating their hats. Just like you are finding out out if you call things or players out you know nothing. It just gets old.I said Z was not making the team, told I was wrong knew nothing, said Z would not rip up the A, again I knew nothing and he was going to be the best player because we got him at 6. Now not one time did I ever say he was bad or a bust just needed time to adj. that turned into me calling him a bust by a lot of people.

Bertuzzi is a legit NHLer. He's going to have a nice career and looks to be the kind of junk yard dog you want/need to win playoff games. But he's still young and progressing... and he has an even higher ceiling. Good for him and good for us!

And you did call it. Well done.

FissionFire

Dec 22, 2006
Las Vegas, NV
www.redwingscentral.com
Bowey’s debut reminded me a lot of the Brendan Smith experience in Detroit. Just when you think he’s getting into a good groove here comes the stupid TO or head scratching play and ole defense to remind you why he is so infuriating

BSHH

HSVer & Rotflügel
Apr 12, 2009
Hamburg
There are little positives about having a lousy season. But being able to give players with some talent like Bowey the chance to progress, is at least one. Of course, he will have to start to improve sometime, but that time span is just beginning, not already ending.

Gruß,
BSHH

Reactions: Winger98

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI
Not going to derail the thread over my observation of how you tend to be more skeptical/demanding than most.

Specifically on your points related to Bowey, he literally is a person that couldn't get a fair shake. Playing sheltered minutes implies that the minutes he is playing are under circumstances that gives him a higher chance at success, or hide a missing aspect of his game; that's not what the Caps were doing with him. Sheltered minutes does not mean the same thing as limiting his minutes. They limited minutes because he wasn't the same level of player as the rest of their defense, and they could not risk him making mistakes as he learned on the job.

Nobody is saying that the change of scenery will change what he is, but it will give him the opportunity to potentially improve what he is. And I emphasize the word potentially. You say 4 years at the professional level as an attempt at disguising that he has played 3 years in the AHL. The AHL is not and will not ever be the same learning experience for a defenseman. Look at the career arc of Zdeno Chara; over the ages 20-23 with the Islanders he had 231 games, 6 goals, 23 assists, and was minus-61. He was then traded to Ottawa; can you tell me what is Chara's legacy now? Ryan Ellis bounced between the NHL and AHL for two years, in those years he managed 64 games, 5 goals, and 12 assists. He broke in full time in the NHL at 23, and has gotten better in each passing year. Niklas Kronwall, 3 years of hockey split between the NHL and AHL, managed to play in 47 games logging 2 goals and 12 assists; I don't need to tell you what he developed into.

The point being, 23 years old and not having the chance to establish and develop in the NHL is not a death sentence. It has happened to some very good players. The change of scenery is a real thing for Bowey because he is going from an organization that was going to continue not giving him the opportunity to play, to a team that can afford the opportunity to play and develop, regardless of how it turns out.

He could turn out to be a complete and utter waste, and if he does, so be it. But stop pretending like he has been given every opportunity to become a better player and his NHL career should be done.

Or the guy he was in a trade with who didn't even make the NHL until he was what, 25? And is a career -12.

Hockeyfannnn91

Jan 26, 2019
Its still too early to write off hanas but i didnt like the pick when it happened , woulda went with smilanic/jurmo/robins

We’ll see what happens we got another year to decide on him

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
I thought there were better players to draft than Hanas, but Hanas was on my draft list, so I won't fault the Wings for this pick.
guys I had ahead of Hanas:

Rashevsky
Robins
Seeley
Jurmo
S Johannesson
Foudy
Wisdom

To be honest, I think I'd stick with my picks.
Wouldn't have taken Sebrango.
Viro at 70 gives me pause

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
A 2nd was a solid return for Jensen.

Would you trade Hanas for WSH 2nd in '21 ?

I mean I have to trust our scouting and say, lets just go with Hanas. They believe he was worth a 2nd pick. So lets find out what he is in a few years. Also a pick next year slows our rebuild if it turns into a player of equal value. slows it by 1 year.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I mean I have to trust our scouting and say, lets just go with Hanas. They believe he was worth a 2nd pick. So lets find out what he is in a few years. Also a pick next year slows our rebuild if it turns into a player of equal value. slows it by 1 year.
Good answer/solid logic. Too many times many fans/HF boards get caught up in magic beans pie in the sky best case scenarios as thee savior. When in fact, it's a confluence of events (drafts/trades/UFAs), a combo of picks (pedigree/#), scouting (due diligence), development (coaches/staff/trainers etc), team/org. culture blah blah blah.

When a smurf (no offense to short people, I'm sub 6' too) like Marty St.Louis goes from waivers to league MVP, that's very telling how far a pendulum can swing. Tree trunk legs & work ethic, a kid with something to prove (chip/shoulder) + Torts crackin' the whip helps too.

I'd keep Hanas too. The kicking of cans down the road doesn't appeal to me at this stage, we're in acquisition mode now to complete our core, otherwise Larkin/Bert/Mantha will be 30+ by the time we're competitive...this is why (& his inconsistent production/work ethic/contract $/term) I believe Mantha should be traded as soon as he recoups most of his peak trade value.

Reactions: r0bert8841

Tetsuo

Boss of a Pile of Rubble
Apr 11, 2018
Michigan
I like how some of us fault our NA scouting when we also drafted Mastrosimone and Sebrango, who look at least like decent prospects.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
I like how some of us fault our NA scouting when we also drafted Mastrosimone and Sebrango, who look at least like decent prospects.

It is more to do with the extended history of our NA scouts. Outside of Stevie, who was the last NA guy that killed it? How many NA guys have came in and exceeded at their role? Been quite awhile since you could say something better than the norm which is basically finding Brendan Smith's more or less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad