Player Discussion Jeff Skinner - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Please feel free to point out all of what is wrong in that statement. I don't mind. Start with Skinner's 2 goals in 20 games on go from there. I am interested in a good laugh.

Skinner didn't give up he just had bad "puck luck" :laugh:

Let’s start with subjective statement of Skinner quitting on this team. The only person that knows this is Skinner himself.

I would like you to provide “proof” that Skinner quit though, because just saying he scored 2 goals in 20 games is not good enough evidence of him quitting. Guys go through dry spells through the season.

darcyRegier

Mar 27, 2017
I really want him back next year, but at a reasonable cost. I think having a second line of Skinner - Mitts - Reinhart would do wonders for this team (and would have done wonders for this team during the season).

$8 mil per year is more than fair for the type of player that Skinner is. JVR took $7 in UFA and is the closest comparable to Skinner that I can think of at the moment. E. Kane took $7 as well.

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
I think the hold up is cause Botterill is playing hardball and won’t even go up to 8x8. The latest rumors said they were talking 6.5 and were less than a million apart

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014
Why would Skinner sign and why would you want him to?

He Never played a playoff game.
He disappears for long stretches.
He def. Isn't Leadership material.
Doesn't dish the puck well.
Wants roughly 8 million plus. for what?
He wants to win and make the PO's, hence Not Buffalo!
Buffalo is the worst franchise in the NHL, Fact.
Buffalo WAS a bottom feeder with him.
He has to be THE guy to score here.

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009

He Never played a playoff game.
He disappears for long stretches.
He def. Isn't Leadership material.
Doesn't dish the puck well.
Wants roughly 8 million plus. for what?
He wants to win and make the PO's, hence Not Buffalo!
Buffalo is the worst franchise in the NHL, Fact.
Buffalo WAS a bottom feeder with him.
He has to be THE guy to score here.

I was gonna bother with a detailed response but its easier like this.

MetalJaws said:
I'd try to rob Buffalo blind. That team is absolute garbage. The worst Franchise in the NHL by a mile. They have zero depth. A ton of crap old guys not playing well and an infuriated fan base. They will be getting a pick in that 4-8 range depending upon the last 2 games of the season.

They don't need help in 3 years, they need it right now. We have the parts and they also suck at developing. Try to figure out a way to get that low 1st.

Still mad we tanked? :laugh:

Panthaz89

Buffalo Sabres, Carolina Panthers fan
Dec 24, 2016
Buffalo,NY
just resign him already wtf...why has this gone on for far too long...should of signed him forever ago instead of waiting 200 hundred years to sign the goal scorer we need. We aren't going to find these guys in FA with the cap space that are going to replace the production.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

La Cosa Nostra

Caporegime
Jun 25, 2009
just resign him already wtf...why has this gone on for far too long...should of signed him forever ago instead of waiting 200 hundred years to sign the goal scorer we need. We aren't going to find these guys in FA with the cap space that are going to replace the production.

Skinner came in and scored 40 goals. He was the high end goal scorer we have not had since Vanek.

Give him 8 x 8 and don't let him hit the open market. He will score closer to 40 then 30 with Eichel centering him for the foreseeable future.

If Skinner walks it better be because we are paying Panarin 11 mil a year or trading for a star with a big contract.

Reactions: GellMann

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse

He Never played a playoff game. Could be he likes his spring golf trips to FLA, and Buffalo increased his chances of taking those regularly. His lack of playoff experience isn't going to stop other NHL teams from making offers. Why should it? Duchene, Panarin, Stone are comparable-age UFAs without long playoff resumes. I don't think their value is substantially higher (Duchene value increases because of his position, but decreases because of douchiness, so net wash).
He disappears for long stretches. Only the Israelites under Moses disappeared / wandered longer than the current Sabres.
He def. Isn't Leadership material. Never quits, loves playing. I think he's the Sabres prime example of consistency.
Doesn't dish the puck well. Not his job. But I agree we need a #2C.
Wants roughly 8 million plus. for what? I sense trolling...
He wants to win and make the PO's, hence Not Buffalo! He wouldn't have waived his NTC to Buffalo last offseason if that emphatically was his highest priority.
Buffalo is the worst franchise in the NHL, Fact. Ottawa is in far worse shape, and with worse outlook. Melnyk won't spend money on toilet paper, they have CBJ's pick, not their own in the first round, and scant talent. On the plus side, their defense is a bargain.
Buffalo WAS a bottom feeder with him. The ROR trade rationalization, all over again.
He has to be THE guy to score here. Not sure what this means. Fans clearly love him in BUF.

Reactions: La Cosa Nostra

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
Rangers are 1 year into a rebuild, Sabres are what, 10? About to be 11? What does that sum up?
Yes, 1 + 10 does sum to 11.

I fail to see what significance the status of the Rangers rebuild is to Jeff Skinner. Nor what significance the status of the Sabres rebuild is to the Rangers rebuild, and vice versa.

We have a higher standard for rational discourse on this board. Most others lurk a while longer before posting.

MetalJaws

Mar 12, 2014

We just don't see it the same.

Playoff experience is why he'll leave, to go get it on a fringe team or PO regular. He's not the guy on a PO team, likely a strong support piece. He'll say the right thing and get in a better situation, Why wouldn't he? He's in a contract year, he better not quit moving or trying. 8+ Million for a 60pt guy is insane. A mediocre scorer could get 35 on Eichels wing, Not an impressive feat. You gonna pay Reinhardt that soon? He also wanted out of Carolina badly.

If he wanted to sign in Buffalo, he would have done it, bottom line. Of course he has to say the right things. What did he do that's so special and making Sabre fans so happy? I'm so confused. he didn't lead you to a PO birth, he didn't have a PPG season. He tried hard? WTF?!?

Buffalo fans deserve so much better and the standards should be higher.

Willgamesh

Jan 31, 2019
We just don't see it the same.

Playoff experience is why he'll leave, to go get it on a fringe team or PO regular. He's not the guy on a PO team, likely a strong support piece. He'll say the right thing and get in a better situation, Why wouldn't he? He's in a contract year, he better not quit moving or trying. 8+ Million for a 60pt guy is insane. A mediocre scorer could get 35 on Eichels wing, Not an impressive feat. You gonna pay Reinhardt that soon? He also wanted out of Carolina badly.

If he wanted to sign in Buffalo, he would have done it, bottom line. Of course he has to say the right things. What did he do that's so special and making Sabre fans so happy? I'm so confused. he didn't lead you to a PO birth, he didn't have a PPG season. He tried hard? WTF?!?

Buffalo fans deserve so much better and the standards should be higher.
would you have signed a new contract with Phil as coach? He scored 40 goals we haven't had that in forever, and no mediocre scorers cant get 35 on his wing Reinhart for example. 40 goal scores don't grow on trees. He also drew a shit ton of penalties and was scrappy we also have not had that in forever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad