Post-Series Talk: Edmonton Oilers defeat the LA Kings, 4-1

BelovedIsles

Oct 22, 2005
The Oilers have D, and Skinner is stable (more than Smith and Skinner pt 1), that will pull them. I'm rooting for that.

As a lover of the game, I naturally compare the best. McD is beautiful to this sport. That said, I've always admired Sid. Sid controlled the game in so many ways.

No vitriol, I still say MacK is more invigorating; compared to McD.

As a pure hockey fan, this is the time to compare. There are polls for this, but the in-the-moment responses.

I want McD to win b/c he's the best player in the league.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009
Would have been an interesting series if Kings ended up landing Ullmark at the tdl. Maybe something shakes out on the goalie front in the offseason.

Reactions: JKG33

The Crypto Guy

Jun 26, 2017
Doesn't help when you captain is only able to muster up one messily shot in an elimination game and zero points the last 3.

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
RangersTown
It really feels like the only option. Every other options feels worse. It's more than just his incompetence. The guy radiates an aura of "punch in punch out." That's poison on a team. You need everyone buying in.
Definitely a bad attitude and just coasting is a huge problem. All I really meant is that some players (and people in general) sometimes take stock of the themselves when it is apparent that they have missed their mark and potential, and turn it around.

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how this develops. Selling at what looks like a low point can be wrong, but then there is also the probability that this is the new reality/normal for him, so best to forget yesterday's rating.

Reactions: kingsholygrail

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
GG Kings. Another hard fought series.

I think Rittich should have started game 1. And the Kings should have dumped and forechecked hard instead of staying back in 1-3-1. With TMac gone I thought we might see another look…. But for some reason Blake went with his assistant lol.

Hopefully you guys can dump the corpse of PLD onto some other team. I’m hoping no more dinners at Nobu Malibu for his entitled ass.

riznat

Sponsor
Nov 19, 2005
Lake Tahoe
this brings me so much joy. i was at Honda Center the last game la was there and the Ducks won. king fans were still so arrogant and saying the game didn't matter and they would be adding another Cup banner to the staples (or the crypt as some call it) rafters soon. theyre so delusional they think every time they make the playoffs it's gonna be like 12 and 14 and go on a crazy run. im only talking about the annoying fans i encounter in person, i love and respect most of the diehard posters on here. cheers oilers.
This definitely happened

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
The Oilers have D, and Skinner is stable (more than Smith and Skinner pt 1), that will pull them. I'm rooting for that.

As a lover of the game, I naturally compare the best. McD is beautiful to this sport. That said, I've always admired Sid. Sid controlled the game in so many ways.

No vitriol, I still say MacK is more invigorating; compared to McD.

As a pure hockey fan, this is the time to compare. There are polls for this, but the in-the-moment responses.

I want McD to win b/c he's the best player in the league.
The Nurse-Ceci pairing is still a hockey heart attack to me. Skinner eliminated the muffins after game 2 but I still worry about those 2.

Desharnais having a much better post-season compared to last year is definitely helping. Kulak somehow mysteriously always good in the playoffs.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Anyone that thinks Leon Draisaitl can’t play defence after watching this series doesn’t know hockey. Not only can he play D, he may be the best defensive forward in the game today. Educate yourself watch Game 4. Atleast 10 kings o-zone possessions stuffed by a Draisaitl play.

MVP of this series. And the Oilers early nomination for Conn Smythe.

Duder54

Dec 11, 2017
Canadian ex-pat in Zurich, Switzerland
I agree. I was not impressed by the Kings, I think they actually downgraded their team with the Dubois trade. The test for the Oilers is how their defense and goaltending can stand up against a skilled, pressure team in playoff series.
The Kings 100% took a step back with the PLD trade.

Good series by the Oilers - they appear much more composed this year vs. seasons past. Looking forward to the next round against the winner of the Nsh/Van series.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Oilers did what they needed to do - finished off the Kings quickly, got out of the series mostly healthy, and now get a few days rest before they find out who’s up next.

Props to (most) Kings posters, they knew they were outmatched and lost with class.

Dubois though. Man alive. What a waste of 8.5 million and an absolutely brutal trade.

chaser17

Dec 30, 2014
Would have been an interesting series if Kings ended up landing Ullmark at the tdl. Maybe something shakes out on the goalie front in the offseason.
I honestly think PLD would have been a really good fit on the bruins with their leadership group and how they hold guys accountable. Odd that Ullmark wouldn't wanna play in LA (if actually true).

Reactions: soothsayer

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
The only way i see PLD turning it around is if he gets sick and tired of being the whipping boy in LA. Has he received enough heat around town? Will he? Cause dude needs a serious wake up call.

Macheteops

Apr 13, 2005
Anyone that thinks Leon Draisaitl can’t play defence after watching this series doesn’t know hockey. Not only can he play D, he may be the best defensive forward in the game today. Educate yourself watch Game 4. Atleast 10 kings o-zone possessions stuffed by a Draisaitl play.

MVP of this series. And the Oilers early nomination for Conn Smythe.

When he wants to he is great. He doesn't always provide the effort. I thought he was the Oilers MVP of rd1. Playoff Draisaitl is a thing of beauty

McDavid still looks like he is missing a gear at times or he just changed the way he plays the game

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad