Not open for further replies.

Buffaloed

webmaster
Feb 27, 2002
Niagara Falls
if-skinner-gets-away.jpg

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
OK, so what this means everyone is that Skinner holds all the cards and can choose to not sign and not approve a trade, going directly to UFA at seasons end. I'm not sure what I would enjoy more. Skinner as a sabre for the next 7-8 years, or him leaving as an UFA agent and re-litigating the trade and non-trade for the next 7-8 years. After all, the Sabres did let both captains leave.

Zman5778

Oct 4, 2005
Cressona/Reading, PA
He's going to get re-upped. It'll be 8 years, probably between 8 and 9 million years.

I don't think we're regret the contract until year 6 or 7.....he doesn't play the type of game that falls off a cliff the way the "power" winger class of a few years ago did. And even in years 6/7/8 I think he'll still be useful.

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017
He's going to get re-upped. It'll be 8 years, probably between 8 and 9 million years.

I don't think we're regret the contract until year 6 or 7.....he doesn't play the type of game that falls off a cliff the way the "power" winger class of a few years ago did. And even in years 6/7/8 I think he'll still be useful.

I definitely would draw the line at 8 million years :laugh:

HappySabresFan

Jul 1, 2018
I don't believe the cba allows for teams to lock up players longer than the league will exist, though ill have to double check

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Looks like Skinner will be rioting along side the Sabres fans, pitchfork in hand, if the Sabres don't pay up.

Skinner will get an offer and will get to decide what is more important to him.

I doubt he throws a temper tantrum like a 3yo if Botts doesn't give him a contract offer that is exactly what he wants.

itwasaforwardpass

I'll be the hyena
Mar 4, 2017
Skinner will get an offer and will get to decide what is more important to him.

I doubt he throws a temper tantrum like a 3yo if Botts doesn't give him a contract offer that is exactly what he wants.

Wasn't meant to be serious. In the picture Skinner from the Simpsons is one of the rioters.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
i hope the recent reports can finally put the "skinner was scared away, so we have to trade him (even though we can't)" reactions.

Now on to the "he isn't worth a penny more over 8 million" declarations!

slip

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 19, 2005
This thread went from pretty boring to pretty epic real fast. I’m just dying over here. :laugh:

Reactions: oldgoalie

debaser66

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2012
If there isn't going to be hockey in eight million years then I simply choose not to live that long. It's a personal choice.
They would have to play on one of the Jupiter moons for sure cause its gonna be too hot around here

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad