Player Discussion Jeff Skinner - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future

How many times is Friedman actually right? I feel like he has lost credibility for just throwing shit at the wall and seeing what sticks. You'll notice friedman's word choice is extremely neutral as to give him wiggle room to back track, "the sabres MAY not be INTERESTED." That statement really means nothing.

It's probably still a negotiation between figures, but that doesn't mean a deal won't get done.

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
I love Skinner and all, but am I the only one who doesn't think it'll be the end of the world if he doesn't sign, or am I deranged? Let me know, better I learn I'm crazy here than out there in the world.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I love Skinner and all, but am I the only one who doesn't think it'll be the end of the world if he doesn't sign, or am I deranged? Let me know, better I learn I'm crazy here than out there in the world.
If Skinner walks we have two top-six NHLers, with only one player having the possibility to be even close to joining them (and I"m not confident Mitts will be there yet). You can't guarantee a UFA or a trade will materialize. That would be a disgusting situation to be in for the fifth season post-tank, and would virtually guarantee staying home for the ninth straight april, three times longer than our previous franchise high playoff-less streak.

Reactions: sabremike

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY

No it’s not the end of the world.

Instead, it will be last year and the year before all over again, only worse because we no longer have ROR.

Not the end of the world. Just the village next to it.

Last edited:

Icicle

Think big
Oct 16, 2005
Nothing announced. My guess is they wanted to compare to the Stone contract first

Hasekperreault23

Nov 23, 2018
Ok guys the trade deadline has passed.When do you think Skinner is going to sign? I was under the impression it was going to be after trade deadline for the extra year.I haven't heard anything should we be worried? If not when should we be worried? Maybe I am paranoid but being a Sabres fan gives me that right lol

allsilverdreams

Jan 17, 2011
Don't think Botts has a choice .He has to give him a good deal or this fan base will hunt his big azz head down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad