Player Discussion Jeff Skinner - Part II

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
The Stone extension in Vegas has to wait until 3/1 to officially be signed.

That might be the case with the Skinner deal, as well.

Given how few leaks there have been since Botterill became the GM, no news is par for the course and not really something worth worrying about.

If we get to mid-June and there isn't a signed deal....

:surrender

sufferer

Dec 6, 2017
The Stone extension in Vegas has to wait until 3/1 to officially be signed.

That might be the case with the Skinner deal, as well.

Given how few leaks there have been since Botterill became the GM, no news is par for the course and not really something worth worrying about.

If we get to mid-June and there isn't a signed deal....

:surrender
I wouldn't mind if Fat Head plays some hardball to get Skinner's camp to lower their number. I don't want them to pay north of 8.5. That's the going rate for sidekicks set by Draisaitl.

Reactions: k8prisoner

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
Damn, I got excited for a second when I saw the thread title. I was hoping he had signed an extension... lol
Yeah..I'm normally one to advocate for more threads, but this discussion is literally the only thing our Skinner thread gets used for, and at the very least the title to this one should be changed.

Reactions: kundahlini

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Everything I've seen says that Stone, Karlsson and Skinner can't be extended to eight years until March 1st. So that's my guess. Friday.

dotcommunism

Aug 16, 2007
Everything I've seen says that Stone, Karlsson and Skinner can't be extended to eight years until March 1st. So that's my guess. Friday.
I saw that being reported on Stone, but I see no such stipulation in the CBA. I'm curious where it comes from.

Reactions: Reddawg

Tatanka

Sponsor
Jul 25, 2016
Stone 9.5/8. I don't sign Skinner for that. 8.5/8 NMC for first 5 years.

5 Minute Major

Sabres Fan
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2010
Vestal, NY
I’ll preface this by admitting I’m a worry-wart, but if the Sabres don’t come out with an announcement this weekend that Skinner signed an extension I believe he is going to test free agency.

Reactions: Buffaloed

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I’ll preface this by admitting I’m a worry-wart, but if the Sabres don’t come out with an announcement this weekend that Skinner signed an extension I believe he is going to test free agency.

That's probably a fair assessment. Given their swan dive down the standings the past month, they've got no reason to sit on good news like Skinner re-upping. Silence past 5 PM tonight will probably mean Buffalo wasn't willing to pay his asking price.

There is a possibility he'll go to market and see the market is softer than he anticipated and sign here lower than he is asking for now. My guess is if Skinner doesn't sign before the free agency period, Buffalo looks to utilize the cap space elsewhere.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Duchene at 8 per or Skinner? I’d take Duchene.

With Stone off the market at 8x9.5M per (note thats a 76M deal with zero state tax), we will probably see three HUGE contracts get handed out. One to Karlsson (7-8 years at 11-12M per), one to Panarin (7 years, 9-10M) and the other is Duhene (7 years, 10-11M per). There will be the next step down contracts (Pavelski, Skinner, both will get paid, though with either less term (Pavs) or less $$ (Skinner)

I like Skinner....i'm not sure I like him at 8.5M per, especially in 7 years.

GellMann

Dec 16, 2014
Lancaster NY
I would put money on neither of these things happening, but the Sabres fan in me keeps envisioning the last few months turning Jeff off completely, and the next few years quietly doing the same to Jack, and starting to hear the whispers.

Get this shit right please, Jason.

1point21Gigawatts

hell's a gigawatt?
Apr 7, 2010
The future
Duchene at 8 per or Skinner? I’d take Duchene.
For the Sabres I'd rather have Skinner
C1z7Wtd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad