Friedman: Jeff Skinner on the Market?

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015
Andrew Shaw, Mike McCarron, rights to Logan Shaw, 2018 Chicago and Toronto 2nds?

for

Skinner

Thoughts? Obviously this is a four quarters for a dollar type deal; but the Canes owner has made it clear he wants to make the team younger, and give it grit, which all of these pieces accomplish in their own right. It's also been made adamantly clear that Carolina doesn't want to spend too much money, so its difficult for the Habs to send much more in terms of value without sending a dump like Alzner.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Ouch that hurts.

I know now what it feels like to be gifted several #1 overall picks, one of which is a generational player, while still finding a way to not make the playoffs regularly.

I should go lash out at other teams and their fans because of the immense pain.
Lol Oiler fans are pain immuned other fans row down the river denial which is quite humorous . Faulk is ok PP man a joke 5/5 Skinner is a floater and weak as a cream puff . Canes has been held back as a team from Faulk play on defense , but keep rowing that boat down the denial and keep dreaming of playoffs at least our fans experienced a round win in 16/17 .and you do not see us defending our garbage dman. My thoughts on Faulk have been consistant for years and I will defend my player evaulations on here against anyone,

CheMxDawG

Jan 26, 2017
Lol Oiler fans are pain immuned other fans row down the river denial which is quite humorous . Faulk is ok PP man a joke 5/5 Skinner is a floater and weak as a cream puff . Canes has been held back as a team from Faulk play on defense , but keep rowing that boat down the denial and keep dreaming of playoffs at least our fans experienced a round win in 16/17 .and you do not see us defending our garbage dman. My thoughts on Faulk have been consistant for years and I will defend my player evaulations on here against anyone,

One more playoff appearance than us in the past decade with help from a thousand #1 overall picks, please go on :)

Reactions: DaveG

Mackiaveli

Nov 24, 2015

Glad to see Oilers fans are still hurting from when Carolina beat them to win the cup :sarcasm:

ConnorMcNugesaitl

Sep 23, 2012
Andrew Shaw, Mike McCarron, rights to Logan Shaw, 2018 Chicago and Toronto 2nds?

for

Skinner

Thoughts? Obviously this is a four quarters for a dollar type deal; but the Canes owner has made it clear he wants to make the team younger, and give it grit, which all of these pieces accomplish in their own right. It's also been made adamantly clear that Carolina doesn't want to spend too much money, so its difficult for the Habs to send much more in terms of value without sending a dump like Alzner.

I don't think there's even enough value here to call this 4 quarters for a dollar.

It's more like a nickel, pocket lint and a couple quarters if you value those picks that highly.

Gets it done in EA but I don't see why they'd accept this in real life especially since you're dumping Shaw and his terrible contract on them.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
One more playoff appearance than us in the past decade with help from a thousand #1 overall picks, please go on :)
I don't see why Cane fans are being so cocky in this thread , you've missed 9 straight years one more you tie us for longest playoff drought , you also have had multiple top 10 picks so becareful of those rocks in your glass house

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario

for

Skinner

C’mon man, this is really bad and you know it.

GoldiFox

Apr 21, 2014
I don't see why Cane fans are being so cocky in this thread , you've missed 9 straight years one more you tie us for longest playoff drought , you also have had multiple top 10 picks so becareful of those rocks in your glass house

Guy rolls in and calls Skinner a “floater cream puff” and Faulk “the worst D in the NHL” then gets all offended when someone retorts with an Edmonton jab. Why even click the thread? This isn’t a “Is Skinner a Floating Cream Puff?” Debate thread.

XXIV97

Jun 2, 2016
Guy rolls in and calls Skinner a “floater cream puff” and Faulk “the worst D in the NHL” then gets all offended when someone retorts with an Edmonton jab. Why even click the thread? This isn’t a “Is Skinner a Floating Cream Puff?” Debate thread.
Faulk is bad, but Skinner is good.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Can I interest you in a signed Bobby Ryan with a pinch of Marian Gaborik?

GoCanes2015

Oct 14, 2017
Skinner only led the entire NHL in takeaways this year, so yeah, pretty tasty cream puff there.

Keep Skinner a major floater cream puff ,and keep beat me on the outside every time I am the worst defender in the NHL faulk because I have a good laugh knowing when I bet against those clowns they have made me lots of money over the years. Faulk is a joke at defending only a blind homer would think otherwise,

THall4

Feb 25, 2014
Edmonton, AB
Faulk is signed for 2 more years.

Why are Edmonton fans asking for Faulk and the lolzing about how apparently little he is worth? Friedman didn’t even mention Faulk being shopped. Everyone wants something for nothing.
Isnt that the point of trades?
To trade as little as you can while acquiring the better player?

I'm sure that no one would want to overpay for a player.

(insert Chia joke here)

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
Isnt that the point of trades?
To trade as little as you can while acquiring the better player?

I'm sure that no one would want to overpay for a player.

(insert Chia joke here)

At this point I might not be opposed to overpaying for a proven starting goaltender....
- Canes fan

AuraSphere

Jun 27, 2012
Would Carolina be interested in trading for Garret Sparks (AHL goalie of the year)? Obviously not for Skinner, just trying to put a value on Sparks

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad