Friedman: Jeff Skinner on the Market?

Prongo

Beer
Jun 5, 2008
philadelphia
Yeah, I agree. Soderberg? Really?
That plus fan bases always trying to recoup picks if they are trading 1st rounders. GMs will get picks back sometimes but when trading for impact players they are much less worried about the pick. All fan bases do this as well.

So start with the first rounder and add from there. Buffalos biggest need is defense.

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Some Avs fans have mentioned they would like Skinner.

Soderberg and 1st round pick in 2018 for Skinner and conditional 2nd in 2019 (4th if Skinner re-signs with Avs).

Gives Canes veteran on Necas' wing and a solid PK option. The 16th pick should still have value.

I don't think swapping a mid 1st this year for likely a mid-high 2nd next year is enough value to offset the value difference between Skinner and Soderberg.

Brett44

Feb 11, 2017
Soderberg is very underrated one of the best 3c in NHL. For 1 year of Skinner

CobraAcesS

De Opresso Liber
Sponsor
Jul 20, 2011
Michigan
If the Avs were trading for Skinner it would be 16th + one of Kamenev/Kerfoot/Compher and probably another 2nd round pick depending, and they'd be gauging Skinner's willingness to extend beforehand.

Throwing Soda in there is just weird lol. I thought everyone knew depth at center wasn't Carolina's issue, but top end quality?

It probably wouldn't be impossible for Carolina to trade up from 16th enough to grab Kotkaniemi, Veleno, or Hayton.

Reactions: Cardiac_Canes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad