Player Discussion Jeff Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
If Petry could add consistency to his game he would be a big time defenceman and that is not to take away from what he does give us, he has the ability but I often wonder if he actually believes that he does.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Said it in an earlier post....but I still think Petry is the key to our defence.

When he's on top of his game, the Habs top 4 is as good as anyone's.

We know what to expect with Weber and Markov...Petry is the key IMO.

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
They mentioned last night during intermission that the coaching staff thought Petry was playing too passive.

What we saw last night was great and hopefully we see it more often. He has the skillset but sometimes I wonder about the mental side for him. Checks out from time to time, which explains the inconsistent play.

Tim Raines

Oct 26, 2015
Said it in an earlier post....but I still think Petry is the key to our defence.

I agree. And while he's not always on top of his game, he is critical when he is. All the talk last year was about the Price injury for obvious reasons, but Petry was so good in the first couple of months that I thought his injury was the dagger that really sunk the listing ship.

DesmondDekker

Let's diddly go !
Sep 11, 2006
Canada

Petry, Beaulieu and Emelin can all hugely impact our D-corp if they play up to their potential. But yeah, Petry is looking real good at the moment

Last edited:

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Petry definitely worried me for a couple games earlier in the month, but hes back to what we fell in love with him for the last couple years, thank god

we desperately need him to play at least decent to above average for us to stay in the thick of things

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016
If Petry was more consistent he would be paid 8 Million. He is a solid 2nd pairing D but he will have his ups and downs. Just have to roll with it but he is a key part of this team and without him the D would be in a lot of trouble.

MTL-rules

Nov 17, 2006
Sick move on the PP... very underappreciated player, stabilize the D-core... don't have to rely solely on the 1st pairing with him.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Petry is only 4 pts away from his career best in '11-'12 with 25 pts. Since joining the Habs he's got 44 pts in 109 games, which over 82 game is about 33 pts. Very solid pickup for a 2nd round pick Say what you will about management, but they have had some really good additions for cheap costs, much better then most of our recent GMs.

Last edited:

Jul 6, 2016
Petry is only 4 pts away from his career best in '11-'12 with 25 pts. Since joining the Habs he's got 44 pts in 109 games, which over 82 game is about 33 pts. Very solid pickup for a 2nd round pick + Collberg. Say what you will about management, but they have had some really good additions for cheap costs, much better then most of our recent GMs.

???... was it not to get Vanek from the Isles ???

Le Barron de HF

Justin make me proud
Mar 12, 2008
Shawinigan
I have always been a big fan of his since his acquisition and I'm very pleased to see his numbers go up this year. I have always believed in his offensive abilities and his ability to constantly put the puck on net.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
He's one of the most important players on this team, we not only missed Price last year but we missed Petry being able to carry the second pairing and log 22-23 minutes a game.

On pace for 17 goals and 44 points, he's been awesome this year.

5 goals, 7 assists in his last 13 games along with a plus 12.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad