Player Discussion Jeff Petry

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
jeff-petry-nhl-stanley-cup-playoffs-montreal-canadiens-tampa-bay-lightning-850x560.jpg

Defense -- shoots R
Born Dec 9 1987 -- Ann Arbor, MI
[27 yrs. ago]
Height 6.03 -- Weight 204 [191 cm/93 kg]

uqjBF4u.png

let's talk about our lord and savior Jeff Petry, saving the career of Emelin one game at a time

Bergevillain

Aug 1, 2014
London, ON
Huge get, and I really like that PK and Pacioretty saw that in him as well and called him personally to tell him that they'd really like him to stay. He's going to be a big part of this teams next few years.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Looking at the Oilers first few games gives you an ever bigger appreciation for the stuff he does. How they could just give him to us like that still bugles my mind.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
Looking at the Oilers first few games gives you an ever bigger appreciation for the stuff he does. How they could just give him to us like that still bugles my mind.

Penguins traded Despres
Oilers traded Petry
we traded McDonut

mistakes happen everywhere really, just more often in Edmonton

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
So what was it? A second and a fourth? I'll laugh for the rest of my life at that cost.

What an idiot that other GM.

And kudos to the joke in the Bruins GDT about how the Oilers had a surplus of dman which meant Petry was available. Watching the Oilers D squad induces stomach aches. Don't remember the poster though...

G0bias

Oct 4, 2007
MTL
This guy's awesome. He, PK and Markov were the only breakout we had last night.

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
So what was it? A second and a fourth? I'll laugh for the rest of my life at that cost.

What an idiot that other GM.

And kudos to the joke in the Bruins GDT about how the Oilers had a surplus of dman which meant Petry was available. Watching the Oilers D squad induces stomach aches. Don't remember the poster though...

that GM MacT gave Nikita Nikitin (currently in AHL) 4.5 mil but thought it was a good idea to give his own home grown, home developed guy, that they invested over 200 games in... a "challenge"....

MacT still works for the Oilers... I'm serious, he's some kind of "mini-me" character floating around there in the Edmonton mgt...

mls83p.png

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
this is also why they have 4 1st overall pick in their lineup and they still suck, everything about the oilers is a joke

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
This guy is a great player. He's better than a #3. I trust him more than any other defenseman on the roster in the defensive zone.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012

images

This is how they gave him to us -- Oilers management concocted a Bugle but forgot to add the trumpet mouthpiece. :sarcasm:

Last edited:

Seb

All we are is Dustin Byfuglien
Jul 15, 2006
Hurts to lose a 2nd pick but this guy is damn good.

Man Purse

Dec 16, 2010
wind river valley
and they brought in Ference and Fayne...

an old 175 #er, and a guy that, frankly is a non factor in anything

let's summarize, shall we... while issuing a "challenge " 1 year contract to Petry... they brought in Nikitin (AHL), Ference, (scratched now since they stripped Captaincy away), Fayne (there's NOTHING to say about him), and payed Shultz more to boot... (fifteen mil cap hit on those 4 stiffs)

it's a mess

Last edited:

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Imagine the Oilers if they had selected Ryan Murray in 2012, which many posters suggested because of the state of their defense.

Well, hindsight is 20/20. Their defense wouldve looked more sound, they would still have the offense.

Tbh if the oilers get ONE good trade for a defenseman, they will be pretty competitve

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
The Petry trade is probably the most beneficial trade Bergy has made. The Vanek and Ryder trade were good short term but Petry not only fills a big hole on the backend but is here long term too. He is also just starting the prime of his career.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
I agree, screw the pick. We needed a solid #3 right now, we're contending RIGHT NOW, that second pick won't help us in the current mindset

NateTheGr8

Aug 17, 2012
Canada
Yeah, imagine having

Markov-Subban
Emelin-Gilbert
Beaulieu-Pateryn

Petry on that 2nd pairing makes it look so much better

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events