Player Discussion Jeff Petry (Part II) - #mynamejeff Edition

Status
Not open for further replies.

DramaticGloveSave

Voice of Reason
Apr 17, 2017
I’ve had a similar injury, and had the same thing done to fix it (just pull the finger to straighten it). It’s definitely gonna be sore for a while and will effect his shooting and passing.

The Great Weal

Phil's Pizza
Jan 15, 2015
Petry wasnt doing anything offensively in the playoffs anyways but he has been very solid defensively. Habs definitely arent comfortable rolling Kulak, Gustafsson and Romanov as half of the defense.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Petry wasnt doing anything offensively in the playoffs anyways but he has been very solid defensively. Habs definitely arent comfortable rolling Kulak, Gustafsson and Romanov as half of the defense.
Stick handling and moving the puck quickly and precisely is a big part of playing defense in the modern game though.

Dumb, dumb, dumb to not have those holes plugged, in fact to even have them in the first place was always an accident waiting to happen. Now we're vying to go to the cup finals and we get a major injury from them...

Schwang

May 6, 2002
Kingston, Ont
Visit site
I'm thinking he can still pass and maybe even shoot somewhat. The big question will be the puck battles. Vegas will absolutely pressure his side. The other thing I wonder is, will any more rest benefit him? Given his injury, I dontthink it will.

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I'm thinking he can still pass and maybe even shoot somewhat. The big question will be the puck battles. Vegas will absolutely pressure his side. The other thing I wonder is, will any more rest benefit him? Given his injury, I dontthink it will.

It 100% has to do with swelling, they need the swelling on fingers to go down enough for him to be able to grip a stick comfortably.

Paddy17

Apr 10, 2021
Like a rock climber, you only need 3 fingers. :nod:

Petry still has the 3 important ones functionnal.

Reactions: covfefe

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
He’s in a non-contact jersey at morning skate..

So unless this is a giant smokescreen, looks like he won’t be available tonight.

Team_Spirit

95% Elliotte
Jul 3, 2002
Petry is showing heart and commitment coming back for game 2 let's go.

'just get me in the next game'

Captain97

Jan 31, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I remember 2 years ago some people on here were yelling and screaming that not trading Petry for a late first and a prospect was so stupid because Josh Brook was ready to take his spot. lol

I wanted to trade him for a 1st and a prospect cause I thought we'd retool around our Youngins and also thought he may want to play for a contender if we were going to retool. Turns out MB had other plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad