Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

DingDongCharlie

Sep 12, 2010
I hope Holland is on the phone with Benning. Demko would look nice in the orange and blue. Get a D after getting the goaltending solidified.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Oilers need goalie more than defenseman. They good team but netminding likely to kill them again in playoffs this yesr
i agree . price at 50% , chariot at 50% and lehkonen at 50% for broberg , 2022 first , holloway, koskinen and turris . koskinen and turris for cap dump purposes.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Well that's realistic
i sense a degree of sarcasm .

price at 50% = broberg plus koskinen

chariot at 50% = 2022 1st

lehkonen 50 % = holloway plus turris

all 3 pieces acquired by edmonton will greatly help a playoff run . montreal signals a rebuild .

Last edited:

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018

all 3 pieces acquired by edmonton will greatly help a playoff run . montreal signals a rebuild .

Though Price is good.. real good .. I do not want that contract for four more years ... But I would not add Broberg in.. would need to be Samorukov

Big Ben is not getting a first ..

On the 3rd one ... LOL... *Clears throat... LOL

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta

I think your valuations are incredibly far off. Price at 50% still isn't worth Broberg. Not when he has so many years left.

When asking about Broberg and Holloway, ask what value you would have wanted for Caufield last year. That's the price tag for Broberg and Holloway. The Oilers have a lot of good prospects. You'll have to settle or find someone else.

Last edited:

Kaen

Dec 29, 2009
I think your valuations are incredibly far off. Price at 50% still isn't worth Broberg. Not when he has so many years left.

That's probably the most reasonable of those three valuations from another teams perspective. Price is the kind of guy that takes it to the next level in the playoffs and while his contract is long and expensive for his age, he is still a really good goalie. If anything, moving Price at 50% for Broberg is a deal Montreal says no to as it all but forces them to go into a full rebuild for the next 5 years. While some fans will say it's necessary, I think it's much more likely that they try to retool and be competitive much quicker than that.

Chiarot shouldn't be worth a 1st. Dude is a good complementary dman that can look great in the right situation, but he needs a partner much better than him. Play him with a guy weaker than him and his play drops. You can't trade a 1st for a rental that can't even carry a 2nd pairing.

Lehkonen, even at 50%, is not worth Holloway. Honestly, I don't even think I need to bother explaining why.

Reactions: TFHockey

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
fair enough price at 5.25 for the next 4 years after this could put you over the top though i think . you don't get him for a samourkov

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton

There isn't any realistic chance of any of that happening. You've way overvalued those Habs players. I know it is nice to imagine it though. Hell of a haul for Montreal.

Holland is already on record stating he wouldn't deal a 1st for a rental.

Darkwinter

Apr 4, 2010

Well, I think if that's the best we can get for the package then it's best for us to move on.

soothsayer

Oct 27, 2009

Easy no to all three, but that last one wouldn't even be approved in NHL 22.

Reactions: IIxGURUxII

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Though Price is good.. real good .. I do not want that contract for four more years ... But I would not add Broberg in.. would need to be Samorukov

Big Ben is not getting a first ..

On the 3rd one ... LOL... *Clears throat... LOL
Big ben at 50% is not worth a first? Look at savard last year… also , chiarot had a really solid playoffs. Hes worth a 1st for sure

agreed tho for the 3rd. Lehkonen isnt giving u holloway

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
Big ben at 50% is not worth a first? Look at savard last year… also , chiarot had a really solid playoffs. Hes worth a 1st for sure

agreed tho for the 3rd. Lehkonen isnt giving u holloway

Look at Savard as a career player, look at Ben as a career player .. No I do not think he is worth a 1st

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
Look at Savard as a career player, look at Ben as a career player .. No I do not think he is worth a 1st
What is the ultimate goal? Winning a stanley cup.Chiarot just made a final with the habs. He was playing solid though that run. You guys will need players like chiarot come playoff time. He is absolutely worth a 1st if the goal is to win a playoff series.. + at 50%retained? Now that’s a no brainer.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009
I would do Price at 50% if he gets healthy. Price at a shade over 5 million is good value.

Price
Skinner

That's a nice combo.

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
What is the ultimate goal? Winning a stanley cup.Chiarot just made a final with the habs. He was playing solid though that run. You guys will need players like chiarot come playoff time. He is absolutely worth a 1st if the goal is to win a playoff series.. + at 50%retained? Now that’s a no brainer.

I fully disagree... Ben needs a supporting player to be good..without that .. he's just a solid 5-6 . I watched him here in Winnipeg, watched him lots last season .. damn near every game .. one good playoffs does not equate to a 1st .. a second is his value

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
fair enough price at 5.25 for the next 4 years after this could put you over the top though i think . you don't get him for a samourkov
If we get Price at 50% we would totally give up Broberg and Koskinen. It’s the other two parts that don’t work.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad