Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

lilmaxo

Jul 12, 2015
I fully disagree... Ben needs a supporting player to be good..without that .. he's just a solid 5-6 . I watched him here in Winnipeg, watched him lots last season .. damn near every game .. one good playoffs does not equate to a 1st .. a second is his value

well, it’s opinions i guess. Im curious to see what we will get for him at the tdl.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
I think you're in the minority on that one.
Well my assumptions are this:

-Price is a top flight number one goalie and will continue to be for his term. He can win a series by himself and last year's playoffs is proof of concept. Look at MTL right now without Price. granted they lost Weber and Danault to but man that is a huge fall.
-at 50% he is $5.25m which is a steal for him so we are getting cap benefit here.
-Broberg looks to be good, but we have Samorukov and possibly Klefbom comes back. You have to give to get and in this case this is the price(haha). I look at it as we still have our first to draft another defenceman with.
-We have our number one in Nurse locked up, so are we concerned about losing a 3-4 d-man to fill this aching, gaping, bleeding, festering pus oozing hole we have had in net for over a decade?

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018

-Price is a top flight number one goalie and will continue to be for his term. He can win a series by himself and last year's playoffs is proof of concept. Look at MTL right now without Price. granted they lost Weber and Danault to but man that is a huge fall.
-at 50% he is $5.25m which is a steal for him so we are getting cap benefit here.
-Broberg looks to be good, but we have Samorukov and possibly Klefbom comes back. You have to give to get and in this case this is the price(haha). I look at it as we still have our first to draft another defenceman with.
-We have our number one in Nurse locked up, so are we concerned about losing a 3-4 d-man to fill this aching, gaping, bleeding, festering pus oozing hole we have had in net for over a decade?

Broberg will be Better then Nurse .. do not want to trade him.

Samo I would trade in a package for Price .. whom I do not want at his age even at 5.25.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Savard was the top UFA dman available last year from a non-playoff team at the trade deadline. This year there will way more UFA dmen available from non-playoff teams. Chiarot will not even be in the top 10 of that group, so it doesn’t make sense comparing him to Savard and how he is playing this year.

Name me those 10 dmen that are better than Chariot and will be available at the trade deadline.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
Leddy (50% retained) for Oilers 1st
this could easily become a larger trade by oil adding a bad contract and detroit adding a depth player like namestikov ,
or even a fabbri to help oils cup attempt . leddy n fabbri on edmonton do real good things . maybe greiss could help too .

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
Name me those 10 dmen that are better than Chariot and will be available at the trade deadline.
Subban
Letang
Giordano
Leddy
Stralman
Riistolanen
Lindholm
Goligoski
Dekeyser
Dehaan
Klingberg
Manson
Schultz
Miller
Zadorov
Butcher
Edler

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
i've been down that road with him . he even has johnny boychuk ahead of him .
Hey your mom finally let you back on the internet. I am surprised you are back on this topic after i embarrassed you last time.

I am still waiting for you to show me 1 player from my list that has made 9-10 GLARING mistakes like Chiarot did in just 1 gane. That was almost as embarrassing as your lack of carrying on a conversation with your famous factual replies like…”those guys suck”….or “the Habs swept your team”. Classic circus reply when the clowns have no proof to backup what they are saying.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Subban
Letang
Giordano
Leddy
Stralman
Riistolanen
Lindholm
Goligoski
Dekeyser
Dehaan
Klingberg
Manson
Schultz
Miller
Zadorov
Butcher
Edler
Lol. No no, Chariot has the defenceman market cornered according to Habs.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Subban
Letang
Giordano
Leddy
Stralman

Riistolanen
Lindholm
Goligoski
Dekeyser
Dehaan

Klingberg
Manson
Schultz
Miller
Zadorov
Butcher
Edler

Players in red are on teams that will make the playoffs so they won't be traded.
Players in blue are on bubble teams, so they probably won't be available.
Players in purple are not as good as Chariot or will not have more interest from teams due to their cap hit (Subban).

Giordano, Lindholm, and Manson are the only players that will have around as much interest or more than Chariot from other teams.
I also imagine that the ducks will look to re-sign Lindholm instead of trading him.

The pitch sale for Chariot is pretty easy:
-6'3, 234 lbs Top 4 physical and mean defenseman averaging 23 min during the regular season
-More defensive, but can score points from time to time. Has scored or has been on pace for around 20 pts or more in 3 of the last 4 years.
-He was on the top pairing of a team that just went to the Stanley Cup final. He's shown to elevate his game in the playoffs. His style of play is more suited for it.
-He was the most used dman in the playoffs averaging 25:15 min of ice time. Averaged 4 hits and 2.2 blocked shots per game.
-He has 56 career playoff games, so he has a good amount of playoff experience.
-Only 30 years old, so he still has a lot left in the tank.
-Only 1.75 M cap hit if the habs retain 50%, which means any team will have the cap space to take on his contract.

Last edited:
Reactions: glenbuis

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016

I don't know why people continue to bank on Klefbom coming back, but even if he does, would you honestly rather have him over Broberg anyways? Dude hasn't played in almost two years.

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
Players in red are on teams that will make the playoffs so they won't be traded.
Players in blue are on bubble teams, so they probably won't be available.
Players in purple are not as good as Chariot or will not have more interest from teams due to their cap hit (Subban).

Giordano, Lindholm, and Manson are the only players that will have around as much interest or more than Chariot from other teams.
I also imagine that the ducks will look to re-sign Lindholm instead of trading him.

The pitch sale for Chariot is pretty easy:
-6'3, 234 lbs Top 4 physical and mean defenseman averaging 23 min during the regular season
-More defensive, but can score points from time to time. Has scored or has been on pace for around 20 pts or more in 3 of the last 4 years.
-He was on the top pairing of a team that just went to the Stanley Cup final. He's shown to elevate his game in the playoffs. His style of play is more suited for it.
-He was the most used dman in the playoffs averaging 25:15 min of ice time. Averaged 4 hits and 2.2 blocked shots per game.
-He has 56 career playoff games, so he has a good amount of playoff experience.
-Only 30 years old, so he still has a lot left in the tank.
-Only 1.75 M cap hit if the habs retain 50%, which means any team will have the cap space to take on his contract.
There isn’t a guy in that list that Chiarot is better than.

Chiarots biggest talent is he can cross check skilled players infront of the net. News flash..the NHL and all its teams got together this summer and said there will be no more of that. If you are asking yourself why…go back to last year. You can’t have a crap teams that are in the bottom half of the league, let guys lay the wood on skilled guys from the real contenders and move on in the playoffs. NHL is selling speed and skill, not big monkeys hacking real hockey players.

Chiarots has to be paired with top players like Buff or Weber to have any value at all. No contender trading for him will put him in their top pair. Bring a top pair in Montreal playing with Weber does not make Chiarot a top pair dman. When he played with Buff in Winnipeg the same thing. They played him with Buff cause he could protect Chiarot and his stupid mistakes the most. That didn’t make him a top pairing dman in Winnipeg.

there will only be a few teams that are Contenders that are going to give up a 1st don’t care how much Chiarot has in the tank. They aren’t looking to sign him long term, that just need depth/insurance for the playoffs. Chiarot is not going to be playing top pairing on any contender. They are contenders during the year cause they have way better guys than Chiarot.

go back and look at the highlights from the Pittsburgh/hab game from a week ago. I have outlined this before. Chiarot made 9-10 glaring mistakes just on the highlights. What team let’s ANY player make 9-10 mistakes in one game and still play him? He thinks he is still playing with guys that can protect him and he is not. He obviously doesn’t learn and he is 30. He is no rookie that doesn’t know better. No team wants a player like that.

Savard last year was THE TOP dman available at the trade deadline. Chiarot will be no where close to that like I said.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Hey your mom finally let you back on the internet. I am surprised you are back on this topic after i embarrassed you last time.

I am still waiting for you to show me 1 player from my list that has made 9-10 GLARING mistakes like Chiarot did in just 1 gane. That was almost as embarrassing as your lack of carrying on a conversation with your famous factual replies like…”those guys suck”….or “the Habs swept your team”. Classic circus reply when the clowns have no proof to backup what they are saying.
hey you left boychuk off your list this time . what gives ? i'll let you deal with kudo shinichi this time . he even put things down in colour for you to simplify things . speaking of moms you should let her know your out of your medications again

Last edited:

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Philip Broberg led the Oilers in icetime in a 3-2 win against the Golden Knights tonight and has been getting better every game and Tippett trusts him.

With Nurse-Broberg-Keith down the left side when healthy, I think we’re fine. Certainly not needing to use a first on a Chiarot level talent.

Reactions: Ragdoll

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
hey you left boychuk off your list this time . what gives ? i'll let you deal with judo shinichi this time . he even put things down in colour for you to simplify things . speaking of moms you should let her know your out of your medications again
Hey junior you are up late. I see you still can’t keep.up with the conversation. Likely a good idea for you to stay out of an intelligent conversation and pass on the work to a fellow Habs fan. You definitely embarrassed yourself last time, and you obviously didn’t learn your lesson when you come back with that zinger of having boychuck on my list. You asked for 3 and I gave you 20, but hey I will stick with the fact that boychuk is likely still way better than Chiarot. I don’t think he ever made 10 TERRIBLE mistakes in one game like Chiarot did against the penguins, and with what ever injury he has he would still not make stupid mistakes like that.

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Hey junior you are up late. I see you still can’t keep.up with the conversation. Likely a good idea for you to stay out of an intelligent conversation and pass on the work to a fellow Habs fan. You definitely embarrassed yourself last time, and you obviously didn’t learn your lesson when you come back with that zinger of having boychuck on my list. You asked for 3 and I gave you 20, but hey I will stick with the fact that boychuk is likely still way better than Chiarot. I don’t think he ever made 10 TERRIBLE mistakes in one game like Chiarot did against the penguins, and with what ever injury he has he would still not make stupid mistakes like that.
you never did say who your favourite team was ? embarrassing for you maybe ?

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012

i'm not sure how you embarrassed me because i refuted your list of 17 just like kumo shinichi did . i do find it amusing that you think defenseman like edler butcher dehaan stralman dekeyser goglioski would be as effective as chariot in the playoffs. you see that is when the refs put the whistle away and things get a little nastier . there are many skilled finesse players who do not do very well at that time of year. guys like chariot however excel at those times

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
i'm not sure how you embarrassed me because i refuted your list of 17 just like kumo shinichi did . i do find it amusing that you think defenseman like edler butcher dehaan stralman dekeyser goglioski would be as effective as chariot in the playoffs. you see that is when the refs put the whistle away and things get a little nastier . there are many skilled finesse players who do not do very well at that time of year. guys like chariot however excel at those times
Still can’t show me one player in the NHL that makes 9-10 huge mistakes in one game like I showed an example of. It’s sad to you can’t back up your list. Embarrassing.

and again you can’t keep on the topic and try to change it. My favorrite team makes the fact that Chiarot suck any less.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad