Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
Sportsnet - Jeff Marek Show

Marek during an interview with Eric Engels ( covers MTL)

From Marek, paraphrasing

- Ken Holland is putting everything on the table including first round draft picks and top prospects in return for a Left Side Dman

- Holland is trying to take advantage of the year Mcdavid and Draisaittl are having

-They like the Foegle trade but they feel they lost some toughness, sandpaper and defence when they lost Bear/Larsson

Marek brought this rumor up as he and Engels were discussing a possible fire sale with Montreal and specifically trading someone like Ben Chiarot.

Despite, Holland and Edmonton not being the main point of conversation, Marek brings up that Holland has actively been shopping Edmonton's 1st and top prospects for a help on the left side.

Link will get uploaded once the podcast is up.

Last edited:

Stewie Griffin

What the deuce
May 9, 2019
Canada
I wonder how big they'd be willing to spend. I could see them being interested in Chiarot, Dumoulin, McCabe, or Leddy on teams that may be selling. Maybe try and swing big to get Lindholm out of Anaheim.

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Trading a 1st + for a left shot defence seems odd.. if anything they need a solid 3rd pair defenseman to upgrade on Koekkoek/Russell. Nurse and Keith have been very good as the top 2 lefties.

Edmonton has some young pieces in the lineup right now that have shown promise in McLeod, Skinner and Broberg. Hopefully they give them more of a look before pulling the trigger on a big deal.

UrbanImpact

Apr 12, 2021
I wonder how big they'd be willing to spend. I could see them being interested in Chiarot, Dumoulin, McCabe, or Leddy on teams that may be selling. Maybe try and swing big to get Lindholm out of Anaheim.

There were lots of rumors circulating early this season that Oilers were targeting guys like Gibson, Fowler, Lindhol,, Manson, Rakell etc from Anaheim. They have a lot of what Edmonton needs.

however with how Anaheim's season is going, I doubt they are sellers and will probably want to get into the playoffs to give the youth the experience and taste of playoff hockey

Big Empty

He's a big horse
Jan 27, 2020
Montréal
250561677-0727_spt_col_cowan_3888-w.jpg

Ledge And Dairy

No typo, thats what he said

Maybe Nurse's injury is more serious?

Maybe they are being proactive as Keith is 40 yrs old and it might be foolish to rely on him as a 2nd pairing LD in an 82 game schedule and then long playoff run.
Oh you know what it is, I just woke up and was thinking Jim Benning was offering a 1st for a LD. I was like "lmao what?"

Last edited:

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Don't you tease me with someone actually good when Ben f***ing Chiarot is what we'll end up with.
I mean if he’s offering top prospects I would assume it’s not for a rental.

Then again, top prospects could mean anything from Lavoie to Holloway, and one of those has far less value than the other.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I mean if he’s offering top prospects I would assume it’s not for a rental.

Then again, top prospects could mean anything from Lavoie to Holloway, and one of those has far less value than the other.

Yeah, for "top prospects" I have to imagine that's guys like Savoie, Lavoie, and Samorukov. If it's a first and the likes of Bourgault or Holloway, it had better be someone - to steal from O Brother Where Art Thou - bonafide.

Anaheim being unexpectedly good is a pain in the ass. Nurse-Lindholm-Keith down the left side would be amazing

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003
Yeah, for "top prospects" I have to imagine that's guys like Savoie, Lavoie, and Samorukov. If it's a first and the likes of Bourgault or Holloway, it had better be someone - to steal from O Brother Where Art Thou - bonafide.
Agreed. Although I would imagine Chychrun qualifies as bonafide.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad