Sportsnet: Jeff Marek: Holland looking to move 1st or top prospects for LD

IIxGURUxII

Jul 19, 2018
You do not understand how LTIR works . We have about 1 million in LTIR money if we traded Klefbom we would have 1 million left in normal cap space . It still isn't enough to sign him .

In the offseason .. it would be

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Sportsnet - Jeff Marek Show

Marek during an interview with Eric Engels ( covers MTL)

From Marek, paraphrasing

- Ken Holland is putting everything on the table including first round draft picks and top prospects in return for a Left Side Dman

- Holland is trying to take advantage of the year Mcdavid and Draisaittl are having

-They like the Foegle trade but they feel they lost some toughness, sandpaper and defence when they lost Bear/Larsson

Marek brought this rumor up as he and Engels were discussing a possible fire sale with Montreal and specifically trading someone like Ben Chiarot.

Despite, Holland and Edmonton not being the main point of conversation, Marek brings up that Holland has actively been shopping Edmonton's 1st and top prospects for a help on the left side.

Link will get uploaded once the podcast is up.
Chiarot for first pick is often rumoured. Habs could retain half

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Chiarot for first pick is often rumoured. Habs could retain half
There really are no rumors... its just sports analysts seeing as a good fit. Rest of it just made up.

"Friedman on TJMS talking possible destinations for Ben Chiarot: "The team that really sticks out to me that should probably be feeling very good about itself thinking about what it could do is a team like Edmonton"."

Holland in APR 2021 flat out said " No I am not trading the 1st for a rental.. maybe if he has term ,,,," Maybe things have changed for him but there has been no public acknowledgment that he is going to burn a 1st after adding Koekkoek, Keith, Barrie and Ceci on D 4 months ago.

nturn06

Nov 9, 2017
OEL will not come to Edmonton. The Oilers had already tried acquiring him 2 off seasons ago, where he has informed AZ it was Vancouver or Boston, rumor was the Oilers and AZ had talks.

That was two years ago, now he may go anywhere just to get out of Vancouver.

TFHockey

The CEO of 7-8-0
May 16, 2014
Edmonton
There really are no rumors... its just sports analysts seeing as a good fit. Rest of it just made up.

"Friedman on TJMS talking possible destinations for Ben Chiarot: "The team that really sticks out to me that should probably be feeling very good about itself thinking about what it could do is a team like Edmonton"."

Holland in APR 2021 flat out said " No I am not trading the 1st for a rental.. maybe if he has term ,,,," Maybe things have changed for him but there has been no public acknowledgment that he is going to burn a 1st after adding Koekkoek, Keith, Barrie and Ceci on D 4 months ago.

Don't enter things like facts into this....

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Actually the best move Ken Holland ever made was at the draft in 2013. Traded 18oa for 20th and 58.

18 was Micro Mueller who no longer plays in the NHL.

20 and 58? Mantha and Bertuzzi

Brixton

Jul 16, 2021
Look at Savard last year to TB. A first, third and fourth. And Chiarot>savard.
Savard was the top UFA dman available last year from a non-playoff team at the trade deadline. This year there will way more UFA dmen available from non-playoff teams. Chiarot will not even be in the top 10 of that group, so it doesn’t make sense comparing him to Savard and how he is playing this year.

jackjohnson

Feb 9, 2021
Sportsnet - Jeff Marek Show

Marek during an interview with Eric Engels ( covers MTL)

From Marek, paraphrasing

- Ken Holland is putting everything on the table including first round draft picks and top prospects in return for a Left Side Dman

- Holland is trying to take advantage of the year Mcdavid and Draisaittl are having

-They like the Foegle trade but they feel they lost some toughness, sandpaper and defence when they lost Bear/Larsson

Marek brought this rumor up as he and Engels were discussing a possible fire sale with Montreal and specifically trading someone like Ben Chiarot.

Despite, Holland and Edmonton not being the main point of conversation, Marek brings up that Holland has actively been shopping Edmonton's 1st and top prospects for a help on the left side.

Link will get uploaded once the podcast is up.

OEL for Detroits unprotected 1st :naughty:

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
People keep saying this, and it may be true, but at the deadline a year ago it probably wasn't. Savard is at the part of his career where he starts to regress a bit. Chairot isn't a bad player at all, but he also isn't worth what Savard was in his prime. He was traded for at prime Savard value, which is why everyone thoguht it was an overpayment. I think one player getting an overpayment doesn't recalibrate the market so every player will now get the same overpayment. That said, may as well hang on to him to see if you can get that type of return. I don't see it happening, but there's not much difference in trding him for a 2nd + today and trading him for a 2nd+ at the deadline.

Honestly, I'm not sure if what we need is actually a Chairot, or if we need more of a depth guy anyway, like Edmundson. He would probably go for a mid round pick and might be a more suitable target given the skills that we are missing today.
will be keeping edmundson. he's better than chariot or savard

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
with the recent contracts to nurse nugent-hopkins and hyman , i wonder if a montreal offer sheet to bouchard could be forthcoming in a couple years . habs become a seller this year and next to free up the cap

OgeeOgelthorpe

Sparkplug
Feb 29, 2020
How about a gently used Nick Leddy? He's been pretty darn good for us and could definitely bolster a teams depth quite a bit.

Holland would offer 2 1sts plus Broberg for Leddy.

I think DDK with 50% salary retained for Bourgault or a 1st is a solid trade for Detroit and Holland. :sarcasm:

Reactions: Tetsuo

glenbuis

Sep 17, 2012
Savard was the top UFA dman available last year from a non-playoff team at the trade deadline. This year there will way more UFA dmen available from non-playoff teams. Chiarot will not even be in the top 10 of that group, so it doesn’t make sense comparing him to Savard and how he is playing this year.
not even in the top ten ? i guess maatta and dehaan and boychuk are still ahead of him ?

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Oilers need goalie more than defenseman. They good team but netminding likely to kill them again in playoffs this yesr

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad