Speculation: JC and Hawks scouts at Sharks/Avs game

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Don’t be that guy. Most of us agree with you that he will not be the same ever again (I am a big EK65 guy but have a limit obviously).

In regards to that clip, that was not an injury thing that is simply his partner making a fly by and EK65 getting caught flat footed. Just a bad/lazy read.

It took a lot of posting and convincing, and a lot of people specifically paying attention to his skating to agree with me. I caught a ton of shit for it for a while. :thumbu: Not sure what "guy" I'm being, honestly. My post should have read "No one wanted" not "No one wants" though.

Six months ago, most this board would have killed to have him on this team at any cost... and then they watched him play this season...

He was definitely caught flat-footed in that clip, but he still didn't look completely right.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
It took a lot of posting and convincing, and a lot of people specifically paying attention to his skating to agree with me. I caught a ton of **** for it for a while. :thumbu:

Six months ago, most this board would have killed to have him on this team at any cost... and then they watched him play this season...

He was definitely caught flat-footed in that clip, but he still didn't look completely right.

6 months ago we all didn’t have another season of injuries. I have always agreed for the most part he would never be the same skater but I also didn’t think he would be consistently hurt (you thought he would but that is just a guess opposite to mine).

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
6 months ago we all didn’t have another season of injuries. I have always agreed for the most part he would never be the same skater but I also didn’t think he would be consistently hurt (you thought he would but that is just a guess opposite to mine).

See ninja edits, also.

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
He looks OK in these. I don't think it's sustainable, though. There's also a good chance he's riding painkillers or cortisone shots through things, IMO.
Possibly, I mean, he had a pretty big groin injury. When that heals, he will probably be back on top of his game again.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
Count me out on Karlsson. I think it’s likely we’re looking at depth players with upside like Jost. Maybe we’re scouting to see if Rantanen is worth giving up 4 1sts for :sarcasm:

Reactions: Kaners Bald Spot

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
You talking 2013? IIRC, many people knew he wasn't 100% that playoff.

You're missing the point... A guy played NHL playoff games... with a separated shoulder, and broken rib. Where the game is extremely physical. Again, painkillers and cortisone shots do wonders...

Karlsson looks OK playing on a destroyed groin(plus whatever else that tweet is alluding to) because he can't feel it...

Hawkaholic

Dec 19, 2006
London, Ont.
You're missing the point... A guy played NHL playoff games... with a separated shoulder, and broken rib. Where the game is extremely physical. Again, painkillers and cortisone shots do wonders...
I'm not missing any point? All I said was is that they still don't make you 100%. ...?

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Yeah, while they made me feel better, they didn't make me feel like I was 100% my normal self.
When I dislocated my ankle, 4 ibuprofen allowed me to play on it just 6 weeks later with little to no pain, unless I tried to make a sharp cut, or dangle someone. Imagine with strong opioids, and/or cortisone shots...

He's literally not feeling the injuries...

I don't know why I'm still arguing this with you lol. We've been arguing about EK for weeks, and you're still going to think he's going to be perfectly fine, back to prime, normal Karlsson, despite everything his legs have gone through... and all evidence that says otherwise, while pushing 30 years old.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad