Speculation: JC and Hawks scouts at Sharks/Avs game

jaysoneil

Feb 22, 2013
IL
Troll Hawks continue even a month after season ends.

He's probably just watching the game. I won't put much thought into it unless he's seen (with scouts) at another game.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
Agreed. I’m trying to illustrate how bad that contract is going to be. There was a poll awhile back and the consensus was something like 11M AAV over 7 years. That would be a disaster before he even takes the ice because he’s nowhere near an 11M player and the term is an even bigger issue.

What confuses me is why any team would give him a big deal. Everyone can see the impact the injuries have had.

Because he was good when he wasn't hurt. Some team will convince themselves it was just a year he got dinged in and that its not a long term issue.

ColdSteel2

Aug 27, 2010
He had a CF% at evens of 59% this year which is freaking outrageous.

I assume that’s good. It’s his health that is the issue. He used to skate like wind and it was critical to his Norris seasons.

Last edited:

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
You have to take into account the team's CF%. The Sharks, as a team, had a 55% CF%, which is insanely good.

Right and he was a driver of that. Again by comparison the 09-10 Hawks had a 56.5% which I believe was the best they ever had.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs
Right and he was a driver of that. Again by comparison the 09-10 Hawks had a 56.5% which I believe was the best they ever had.

I still don't want to sign him to what he is going to command. $11m for 7 years is... going to be a bad contract in a few years. I'd just about guarantee it.

I really don't want to have to deal with the Seabrook arguments all over again in a couple years, and to me, it's pretty much inevitable that it goes that direction.

Illinihockey

Jun 15, 2010
I still don't want to sign him to what he is going to command. $11m for 7 years is... going to be a bad contract in a few years. I'd just about guarantee it.

I really don't want to have to deal with the Seabrook arguments all over again in a couple years, and to me, it's pretty much inevitable that it goes that direction.

I totally agree, I'm just saying why a team will sign him for that.

Reactions: ChiHawks10

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
it was reported on Hot Stove last week that EK turned down what likely would have been his most lucrative deal in Ottawa. they said "nobody" is going to offer EK 7 years nor at the price tag Ottawa was reportedly offering. this was from MacLean, Kypreos and some other dude I forgot..interesting if true that Ottawa would be the one that got bent over on the EK deal, now they are free of him and will let someone else make a massive mistake.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
it was reported on Hot Stove last week that EK turned down what likely would have been his most lucrative deal in Ottawa. they said "nobody" is going to offer EK 7 years nor at the price tag Ottawa was reportedly offering. this was from MacLean, Kypreos and some other dude I forgot..interesting if true that Ottawa would be the one that got bent over on the EK deal, now they are free of him and will let someone else make a massive mistake.
Very interesting if true. EK might've f***ed himself over.

Reactions: AmericanDream

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
Very interesting if true. EK might've ****ed himself over.
he bet on himself, and wanted out of that organization - can't really blame him for either, it's not like he isn't going to get a 5-6 year deal upwards of $10 mil though lol..he likely lost 1-2 years and about $1-1.5 mil per year, but someone is still going to go all stupid on him and offer him a ton.

Reactions: Kevin Musto

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
he bet on himself, and wanted out of that organization - can't really blame him for either, it's not like he isn't going to get a 5-6 year deal upwards of $10 mil though lol..he likely lost 1-2 years and about $1-1.5 mil per year, but someone is still going to go all stupid on him and offer him a ton.
I'm glad he left Ottawa. In an alternate reality where had stayed, we wouldn't have the 3rd overall pick.

Reactions: AmericanDream

piteus

Dec 20, 2015
NYC
The hardest thing for any GM is to move on from an aging star. That's from Pat Riley. The Hawks extended Seabrook due to sentiment, not analysis. That's the not way to do good business. If Ottawa actually cared about winning, EK65 did them a favor.

Erik Karlsson will be 29 next year with major injury concerns. Lots of wear and tear on that body. The Hawks have 2 aging DMen making $13mn combined for numerous years. There's no way the Hawks want to add another long term contract of an aging DMen. That would be terrible roster management.

AmericanDream

Thank you Elon!
Oct 24, 2005
Chicago Manitoba
The hardest thing for any GM is to move on from an aging star. That's from Pat Riley. The Hawks extended Seabrook due to sentiment, not analysis. That's the not way to do good business. If Ottawa actually cared about winning, EK65 did them a favor.

Erik Karlsson will be 29 next year with major injury concerns. Lots of wear and tear on that body. The Hawks have 2 aging DMen making $13mn combined for numerous years. There's no way the Hawks want to add another long term contract of an aging DMen. That would be terrible roster management.
he turned down the only team that would offer him 8 years, I believe Ottawa did offer EK an 8 year deal, though someone more familiar with it might say it was 7.

the Sharks are no way in hell offering him 7 years or 8 IMO..so Karlsson now has to hope someone is so desperate to make a big splash that he gets a 7 year contract which IMO would be a fire able offense for any GM at this point not named Arizona (for cap purposes)...

ClydeLee

Mar 23, 2012
I still think him to Tampa may be his desire and that does open up the trade fronts at least

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad