Speculation: JC and Hawks scouts at Sharks/Avs game

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
If Karlsson said 3 years for $24mn ... of course, you have to think long and hard about it, even with Seabrook's contract. Unless Karlsson has a major injury, trading a 30 year old with only $16mn left on his contract with his resume wouldn't be that hard. I agree with your point.

However, I can't imagine EK65 would sign a 3 year deal ... and certainly not without a NMC.

Agree with all your points

nmgrbhfn

Mar 27, 2018
Of course that's who they're looking at. I'm stupid for not realizing it. Good sleuthing. Nemeth is definitely the guy they want. UFA, only 27, a big and physical stay at home defender. He's literally perfect.

Keith-Jokiharju
Nemeth-Murphy
Gus-Seabs
Dahlstrom

ALL ABOARD THE NEMETH TRAIN!!!!!!!!
Not to seem like a know-it-all Nemeth hasn’t played against the sharks so it would be kinda hard to scout him. I only know this because I checked nemeth’s stats.

Tifosi

Feb 6, 2006
I would give EK 4 years 40 million, deal ends same as 88/19 then you can rebuild or whatever. EK would be a huge boost to the current Hawks.

Byram-EK
Keith-Joker
Gus-Murphy

Or trade Gus for a good 3rd line C.

Reactions: Kaners PPGs

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I would give EK 4 years 40 million, deal ends same as 88/19 then you can rebuild or whatever. EK would be a huge boost to the current Hawks.

Byram-EK
Keith-Joker
Gus-Murphy

Or trade Gus for a good 3rd line C.
I'd do that too, but why would EK? He'll get better offers.

Reactions: Giovi

crazyhawk

Apr 8, 2011
In the Hills
Karlsson is going to go for max term and dollars ... they always do ... it's like 30 M is not enough for one career when you can have 80M in the bank! Not that climate change will throw a wrench into the whole ball of wax! :sarcasm: Oh and like a few have mentioned ... Ottawa got the best years of E.K. He will never be the same player ... still very, very good but alas I fear he will slowly or maybe not so slowly decline so that in 3 years or so be on level with Seabs for no bang for the buck status!

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
EK, I'd like it
Nyqvist, I'd like it

Pick swap with Avs, I'd consider it as long as the incentive is good enough.

ChiHawk21

Jan 15, 2011
EK, I'd like it
Nyqvist, I'd like it

Pick swap with Avs, I'd consider it as long as the incentive is good enough.
is nyqvist playing center or wing right now? would be interesting to see him play center between some scoring wingers right now.

TheDachKnight

Formerly known as TPOEJ6489
Aug 16, 2014
is nyqvist playing center or wing right now? would be interesting to see him play center between some scoring wingers right now.

He plays W. Don’t think he’s played C at the NHL level. At least not for very long.

Toews2Bickell

It's Showtime
Nov 24, 2013
Also, I brought him up in the main board thread but we could be looking at Jost. Young player that’s a former high draft pick. Could be a nice change of scenery guy. He’s barely playing with Colorado.

Did Jost play with Caggiula at UND?

Styles

No Light, No Signal
Apr 6, 2017

His foot is done. He’s getting a lot of surgeries this summer.

Last edited:

magnificent

Jul 6, 2016
In Karlsson case could it be another Brent Seabrook story?
My guess, the team that signs him will regret it in the future.

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Only thing is, I don’t think he sticks at C. I could see him playing LW and being a top-9 player though.
Would make for a good and cheap Anisimov replacement at 3C.

Looks like he could make sense to fit next to Toews and Kane and bump Caggiula down, or to replace Anisimov.

Either way, it’s not crazy to think they’re looking at him.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
What would the price be?
Hard to say. His point production pace is equivalent to Perlini. They both play about the same amount of minutes. Both drafted around the same spot.

I'd say those two are equal in value at this point. Jost has the edge in having some ELC years left.

But basically you could try to do a change of scenary swap with these guys.

ChiHawks10

Jul 7, 2009
Chicago 'Burbs

His foot is done. He’s getting a lot of surgeries this summer.

Been saying this for a year. No one wanted to believe me because I'm not a doctor. Even though common sense says that a guy who has had that many injuries, and that much work done to one leg... is going to feel the effects of it. Seabrook 2.0. That contract will be the worst in the league as soon as it's signed, because someone is gonna give him 7 years and 10m+.

Last edited:

BK

"Goalie Apologist"
Feb 8, 2011
Minneapolis, MN
Been saying this for a year. No one wants to believe me because I'm not a doctor. Even though common sense says that a guy who has had that many injuries, and that much work done to one leg... is going to feel the effects of it. Seabrook 2.0. That contract will be the worst in the league as soon as it's signed, because someone is gonna give him 7 years and 10m+.

Don’t be that guy. Most of us agree with you that he will not be the same ever again (I am a big EK65 guy but have a limit obviously).

In regards to that clip, that was not an injury thing that is simply his partner making a fly by and EK65 getting caught flat footed. Just a bad/lazy read.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad