Recalled/Assigned: Jason Zucker (Jan 1: Re-called from Iowa)

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
21 years old, 33 games in the NHL and you're calling it?

Okay, then.

I am not "calling it" I am just saying he has yet to pull his head out of his ass and deserves to stay in Iowa. The kid has potential he just refuses to realize it for some reason. He doesn't appear willing to adapt to the NHL game.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
+1

Is it the coach or GM in this situation? Shouldn't it be the coach calling these shots and the GM signing off on the moves?
The gm is ultimately responsible for the roster and if Yeo is asking for these moves then CF needs to learn the power of NO!

Billy Mays Here*

The writing is pretty much on the wall for Zucker at this point. Once Nino proved he could handle a top 6 role I thought it will only be a matter of time until Zucker is traded.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
This isn't flexibility and the team ultimately moved because of a lease.

I'm guessing what he was saying was that the team moved and Wild management decided on Iowa for it's new AHL home because of it's proximity to St. Paul and the ability to get players between the two places fairly easier.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
It's just very funny how much people are freaking out about shuttling a bunch of kids back and forth between the farm.

Fletcher could swap a guy with the Iowa Wild every single game and it wouldn't say two bits about anything important.

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
It's just very funny how much people are freaking out about shuttling a bunch of kids back and forth between the farm.

Fletcher could swap a guy with the Iowa Wild every single game and it wouldn't say two bits about anything important.

But but but.....BLARGH1!!!FHBSAK1!!!

Jarick

Doing Nothing

It's not about the kids going up and down, it's about the bad roster decisions that led to Zucker being called up, scratched, and sent down.

Let's say that, three games ago, Haula gets moved to #2 center, Coyle to #1 RW, and Zucker stays in Iowa. Nobody says anything about Zucker. They needed a center, not a winger.

Instead, Zucker gets called up, plays a game, gets scratched, then gets sent down. Lots of people are talking about him being a bust and wasting opportunities. That's ridiculous.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle

They sent down a player who didn't deserve to be and plays a position of need and recalled a player who they sat in the press box. It says a lot imo.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
At least we're not playing a 5th overall pick on the 4th line for 55 games because of cap reasons.

bear1

Mar 3, 2011
They sent down a player who didn't deserve to be and plays a position of need and recalled a player who they sat in the press box. It says a lot imo.

That may or may not be true if it is the case then a lot of players should be going with him.

BagHead

Dec 23, 2010
Minneapolis, MN
Zucker has had plenty of chances to prove himself. It's not an issue with the system either they play the same system in Iowa. His game just doesn't translate as is and he is apparently not willing to work and make the adjustments he needs to. I don't buy the "he needs more ice time" crap...he doesn't do **** with the time he does get.

I think the main problem is that the chances are coming basically twice a month, and leaving him very little time to develop in between! Just leave him down there several months, and see what you get when you pull him back up. Still not ready? Rinse-repeat. By next training camp, he'll be ready.

Honestly, I'm not sure what our management is doing this year. Dumba in the NHL? Zucker and Haula up and down basically every other game? It's enough to make their heads spin.

OpRedDawn*

so clad he got the chance here! hope we can grind his way to success in the minors

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
He needs to stay in Iowa for a while. Gain some confidence and try again later in the NHL.

He has been pretty disappointing this season with the Wild.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
Trade Zucker and Brodziak, fire Yeo, acquire offensive talent.

Right?

I like it. Dunno about firing Yeo but trading Zucker and Brodziak (maybe add a pick/prospect) could be a good trade bait for some more offensive proven player... or Artturi Lehkonen. :naughty:

El Nino22

Nov 19, 2010
While I think Zucker has taken big strides in playing a more complete game from last year to this year, his game could still use work in the AHL. Obviously the way Zucker is being handled right now is frustrating because he seems to only be getting called up for a game or two then sent right back down. However, Zucker is still only 21 and the fact that he isn't a regular NHL player right now isn't a bad thing. Zuck will get his chance but this team needs size and a second line center more than anything. Zucker isn't either of those things and his game right now both in terms of development and polish is only fit for a top 6 role. I know that Zucker has the ability to score and that is a big need right now for the Wild as well, but Zucker hasn't been scoring for the Wild this season. Maybe he hasn't gotten the fairest shake, but just look at a guy like Haula who came up and contributed right away. He played well on both ends of the ice and was rewarded with PK and PP time. It's only a matter of time before Zuck comes up and pots a few goals and stays up for good. Until then he needs to continue working on his game in Iowa and stay focused. There is nobody in the Wild organization that doesn't want Zucker in the NHL scoring goals. If you believe otherwise than you're crazy.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Nah...we're just healthy scratching a 7th overall pick for no reason at all.

Dumba and Niederreiter's situations were very different.

Dumba can't play in the AHL, otherwise he would be. Niederreiter had AHL eligibility, but the Islanders decided to play him regardless.

Also, one is a forward and the other is a defenseman. It's pretty common for forwards to play in the NHL at a younger age compared to defensemen.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad