Recalled/Assigned: Jason Zucker (Jan 1: Re-called from Iowa)

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Zucker has not been good. I think it's time to trade him. I have always been against it, but I think it is time. Team needs a shakeup. We can either acquire a couple of decent prospects for him, hopefully on defense, or an NHL player. I just don't think he has a place here.

In his interviews he seems demotivated compared to last year. He doesn't have the same fire, he seems frustrated and irritated.

Can't really blame him.

mezcal

Wild Complacency
Feb 19, 2013
CA
Im serious in terms of getting rid of that incompetent linechanger that is standing in our box during games..

"Lets throw Zucker to the wolfs every now and then. Offcourse we he has to deliever, on the spot.."

Come on! That kid has a future and he better get the chance to show it.. Many of the other youngsters have wildcards in the lineup.. Give Zucker 5 straight games top 6 and see wht he brings.. If he keeps on struggeling we can talk

He's been one of my favorite players. He is very talented, but seems to not be playing with the same fire or motivation. I just don't think this organization is in the future for him sadly. I've met him too, extremely cool guy but you have to pay the cost to improve the team. Can't afford experiments.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Has Zucker done anything at all to warrant more ice time? Granlund worked like a fiend on the third line. Nino is flying out there every night doing something. Coyle...I don't think he's the messiah some people make him out to be but he's at least careful with the puck. Fontaine and Haula are far more versatile than Zucker. So you give him a game or two and see if he does anything with the minutes. He didn't. Aside from the "yeah but this guy didn't do anything either" arguments you can't say Zucker has looked like an NHL player. As big a liability as Heatley can be, he's at least contributed some scoring. Zuck provides all the turnovers and none of the scoring so far. He'll "get it" and actually I think if Granny was in Zucker would look a lot better, but the situation being what it is it's not worth it. (never been a fan of Coyle at C)

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
If they keep sending him up or down for a game or two every time and continue harp on his deficiencies and continue to ignore his strengths (PP, which he has seen virtually no time), it's pretty hard to expect him to settle in and find his game. Not to mention he's surrounded by other players who can't find any consistency in their game to begin with. At some point you'd think you'd at least try to play to a player's strengths and maximize possible output. Instead, Yeo continues to try the same thing over and over and expects different results. There's a definition for that in the dictionary somewhere I think.

Then of course you have Coyle who's been an utter disaster this season who they can't find any way to keep him out of the top 6 or PP. Both of which he has proven he has no business playing in the NHL to this point.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny
If they keep sending him up or down for a game or two every time and continue harp on his deficiencies and continue to ignore his strengths (PP, which he has seen virtually no time), it's pretty hard to expect him to settle in and find his game. Not to mention he's surrounded by other players who can't find any consistency in their game to begin with. At some point you'd think you'd at least try to play to a player's strengths and maximize possible output. Instead, Yeo continues to try the same thing over and over and expects different results. There's a definition for that in the dictionary somewhere I think.

Then of course you have Coyle who's been an utter disaster this season who they can't find any way to keep him out of the top 6 or PP. Both of which he has proven he has no business playing in the NHL to this point.

His best chance at finding success right now without a quick thinking center like Granlund is as a floating hail-mary target IMO. He's kind of limited otherwise. Sort of like Nino without the size that earns Nino the ability to stay upright in close-quarters net battles. Again, if a more complementary partner were available I think he'd be staying for a while. Right now he needs a playmaker for success.

this providence

Chips in Bed Theorem
Oct 19, 2008
St. Paul
Again, if a more complementary partner were available I think he'd be staying for a while. Right now he needs a playmaker for success.

And right now there's 3 vets on the top line and three 21 year olds composing the 2nd line (not be mention a veteran laden bottom six). There isn't a coach in the league that would throw a line-up out there like that.

As for the hailmary comment, that will never happen with Yeo given how he wants his team structured. We continue to see this team pack it in in the defensive zone and while it is generally a boon for Harding, it kills any chance for transition or something as simple as proper spacing. Which continues to effect this team more than any one aspect we're currently seeing.

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
And right now there's 3 vets on the top line and three 21 year olds composing the 2nd line (not be mention a veteran laden bottom six). There isn't a coach in the league that would throw a line-up out there like that.

As for the hailmary comment, that will never happen with Yeo given how he wants his team structured. We continue to see this team pack it in in the defensive zone and while it is generally a boon for Harding, it kills any chance for transition or something as simple as proper spacing. Which continues to effect this team more than any one aspect we're currently seeing.

And it gives the opposing defensemen considerable leeway to come in and pinch too without too much risk.

rynryn

May 29, 2008
Minny

wasn't the PPG line made up of three players of comparable experience when they were the Ducks second line?

Dee Oh Cee

Aug 4, 2010
Eagan
Hard to take anything at face value when you're discussing someone's man crush. I was on the Zucker bandwagon in college and agreed when we said he was highly underrated especially compared to Jaden Schwartz but right now it looks like the experts were right. Schwartz is better.

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
How Yeo has handled him has been laughable. Zucker deserves some credit too, but it's pretty comical at this point.

17 straight regular season games without a point playing top 9 minutes. If he's this talented you'd find a way to pick up a couple of points.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
17 straight regular season games without a point playing top 9 minutes. If he's this talented you'd find a way to pick up a couple of points.

Zucker has played 7 games this year in the NHL.

Also, it's hard to find consistency like this:

12/09/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
12/01/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).
11/28/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
11/27/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).
11/20/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
10/09/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).
10/06/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
9/29/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Russo:

Yeo on Zucker:
"I don’t want to say he played poorly, but he didn’t demand a spot for himself in the lineup [Thursday],†Yeo said of Zucker, who has gone 17 regular-season games without a point and was partly responsible for one goal against Wednesday. “I don’t know if we’re always giving him the best chance, bouncing him in and out of the lineup like this, but at the same time I just want to see somebody come up and just really respect this opportunity and show that [they’re] not willing to let it slip.â€

Wild33

Mar 27, 2009
Zucker has played 7 games this year in the NHL.

Also, it's hard to find consistency like this:

12/09/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
12/01/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).
11/28/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
11/27/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).
11/20/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
10/09/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).
10/06/2013 Recalled from Iowa (AHL).
9/29/2013 Assigned to Iowa (AHL).

Last 10 regular season games last year he went without a point as well. Play better and you'll stay up.

State of Hockey

Oct 9, 2006
Yeah, at first I didn't want to believe it, but there always seems to be something not good enough about Zucker's game in particular. Nobody on this team is playing with any consistency right now so I'm not sure how he's singling out Zucker all the time.

Zucker's game will never work in this current organizational playing style/coaching scheme. He looks like a fish out of water all the time. He's a speedy, open-ice skill player. That's opposite of what the system requires, which is bigger, slower, grind-the-boards play. One of them will have to go, and I bet it's Zucker first.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Zucker's game will never work in this current organizational playing style/coaching scheme. He looks like a fish out of water all the time. He's a speedy, open-ice skill player. That's opposite of what the system requires, which is bigger, slower, grind-the-boards play. One of them will have to go, and I bet it's Zucker first.

I don't doubt it. I get the feeling that Yeo would prefer what Zucker could bring in a trade over what Zucker could become on the Wild.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
I don't get the Zucker love around here. The guy hasn't done **** for a long time and really brings nothing. Speed is great but he apparently doesn't know how to use it and he is useless defensively. Coyle brings size and when on his game is twice the player Zucker is. Zucker is a faster Setoguchi...

Jarick

Doing Nothing
To clarify, that's not to say that Zucker has been better than last year, just that it's a different situation. Have we seen Zucker play with a good center yet?

12/11 - Coyle
11/30 - Coyle, Haula
11/29 - Brodziak, Haula
11/23 - Coyle, Konkopka
11/20 - Granlund
10/8 - Granlund

So he's played two games with Granlund six weeks apart. The rest of the time he's been with a struggling Coyle, Haula in his first NHL stint, and saw some spot time with Brodziak and Konopka.

Is that putting him in a position to succeed?

AJ Thelen

Nov 19, 2010
Pontypandy
I don't get the Zucker love around here. The guy hasn't done **** for a long time and really brings nothing. Speed is great but he apparently doesn't know how to use it and he is useless defensively. Coyle brings size and when on his game is twice the player Zucker is. Zucker is a faster Setoguchi...

If he got the minutes Coyle is getting i'll bet you 100 bucks he would have more then Coyles lousy 8 points in 22 games with 1st line minutes and PP time..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad