Recalled/Assigned: Jason Zucker (Jan 1: Re-called from Iowa)

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
I don't get the Zucker love around here. The guy hasn't done **** for a long time and really brings nothing. Speed is great but he apparently doesn't know how to use it and he is useless defensively. Coyle brings size and when on his game is twice the player Zucker is. Zucker is a faster Setoguchi...

He's done very well at every level (USNDT, NCAA, AHL) and it just appears that the reason he's not doing well at the NHL level is that he and Yeo aren't on the same page. Zucker has a lot of tools that you just can't teach (Speed, shot, etc.) and is fairly unique in the organization due to those tools. I'm not saying that Zucker is the savior of the team, but something else needs to be done with him.

IMO, Zucker could end up being Setoguchi, but he's not there yet.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
He's done very well at every level (USNDT, NCAA, AHL) and it just appears that the reason he's not doing well at the NHL level is that he and Yeo aren't on the same page. Zucker has a lot of tools that you just can't teach (Speed, shot, etc.) and is fairly unique in the organization due to those tools. I'm not saying that Zucker is the savior of the team, but something else needs to be done with him.

IMO, Zucker could end up being Setoguchi, but he's not there yet.

Being Setoguchi is not something to aspire to.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Being Setoguchi is not something to aspire to.

I was saying that was the "bust" end of Zucker's spectrum. You said he's a faster Setoguchi, and I don't think he's quite that bad yet. I'd think that we'd all be pretty disappointed if Zucker only ended up as good as Setoguchi.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Zucker reminds me a lot of Emerson Etem.

Except I think Etem is being handled properly. Is it the coaches decision regarding call-ups and re-assignments? I honestly don't know.

THEALLKNOWING*

Over the past several years, has anyone been given more chances to suceed than Zucker? Perhaps he is not willing to truly put the effort in to take his game to the next level. Granlund certainly got the message last year by his off-season regime, which showed-up in pre-concussion performance.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
Zucker reminds me a lot of Emerson Etem.

Except I think Etem is being handled properly. Is it the coaches decision regarding call-ups and re-assignments? I honestly don't know.

Makes sense, they are the same age and have similar play styles.

I'd think that the coach at least has some input on call-ups and re-assignments.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Over the past several years, has anyone been given more chances to suceed than Zucker? Perhaps he is not willing to truly put the effort in to take his game to the next level. Granlund certainly got the message last year by his off-season regime, which showed-up in pre-concussion performance.

I doubt it's a question of effort for Zucker.

Moreso I would say it's a question of ability or readyness. Either he's not ready for the NHL, or he'll never adjust to the NHL level.

roon

Mar 1, 2012
Minnesota
Zucker was 13th among forwards in ice time (11:15). Coyle was 7th (15:03).

Zucker was 11th among forwards in PP ice time (0:19). Coyle was 10th (0:46).

So no, he didn't have those things last year either.

Zucker has had plenty of chances to prove himself. It's not an issue with the system either they play the same system in Iowa. His game just doesn't translate as is and he is apparently not willing to work and make the adjustments he needs to. I don't buy the "he needs more ice time" crap...he doesn't do **** with the time he does get.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
Zucker has had plenty of chances to prove himself. It's not an issue with the system either they play the same system in Iowa. His game just doesn't translate as is and he is apparently not willing to work and make the adjustments he needs to. I don't buy the "he needs more ice time" crap...he doesn't do **** with the time he does get.

21 years old, 33 games in the NHL and you're calling it?

Okay, then.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
And Zucker sent back down LOL

Honestly, I'd prefer they leave him there for the time being instead of bouncing him back and forth. He's obviously perceived a certain way by management and they should leave him in Iowa for a longer stretch if they're so concerned.

Blizzard6411

#benchstoner
Feb 12, 2013
Seattle
Zucker down; Haula up.

Isn't this what we wanted?
I think what we wanted was for Haula to never be sent down. The way this is being handled is very confusing for players and a sign of total dysfunction between coaches and management. I like Fletcher but this is on him for not controlling this situation.

Jarick

Doing Nothing
I think what we wanted was for Haula to never be sent down. The way this is being handled is very confusing for players and a sign of total dysfunction between coaches and management. I like Fletcher but this is on him for not controlling this situation.

+1

Is it the coach or GM in this situation? Shouldn't it be the coach calling these shots and the GM signing off on the moves?

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
I thought we moved our farm team from Houston to Iowa so we could afford this type of flexibility?

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
Yeo is becoming a complete embarrassment, and Fletcher is starting to look kind of stupid for not reigning this prospect carousel in.

Yo-yo-ing prospects like this just seems friggin' terrible.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I'm not sure what people are expecting with Zucker. He's built himself into a goal scorer and he isn't generating offense when he is called up. There is nothing more to add to the equation.

If you are billing yourself as a goal scorer, you only last as long as you score goals. The end.

Other prospects may get longer looks because they are bringing more to the table.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad